Pages SuperHelp support topic

• 1 month later...

Hi,

We wanted to add a new entry that shows up as the first entry called VIDEO - What Is Walking Football?

We added an older date to it as per instructions

It shows fine on this as the first entry here - https://www.walkingfootball.com/helparticles/help-articles/walking-football-help-videos/

But on here here is listed as number 3 - https://www.walkingfootball.com/helparticles/help-articles/walking-football-help-videos/video-what-is-walking-football-r19/

Any ideas what we have done wrong or is it a bug?

I don’t see any problems on your site. The “Conclusie” is now on spot 7, both in the record listing and the record view. That’s where the bug was. Moving it to the last spot is only defined through your database ordering settings. I don’t control that. It’s up to you to edit for example the publish dates, if your database is ordered by that field. 

You can also add a hidden ordering field and let the database use that. Whatever works best for you. It’s how Pages works. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have SuperHelp 1.1.0 as per Plugin Details in AdminCP.  I just downloaded SuperHelp 1.2.0 and followed the PDF update instructions, and SuperHelp still shows as version 1.1.0 in the AdminCP Plugin Details window.

Could you please fix this, as it causes confusion when updating and can be irritating given the time it takes to update the templates (especially for those of us who have several of your packages)?  I have reported this before (24 Nov 2017, above).

• 3 months later...

Not sure why but when trying to comment out the <h1> tags in categoryHeader template and try to save am told 'this theme file could not be saved'

Untitled-2.thumb.jpg.dfdfd2a2b1b95ef0ebc3bb0802899d5e.jpg

Untitled-3.thumb.jpg.b717e65a31beec1cce112b1b9220b339.jpg

When I uncomment what I added (so it is back to how it was originally) I still am unable to save

I don't think that's a SuperGrid problem, Steve. I've periodically had the same problem with several template sets where even reverting to the original template won't save. The only thing you can do is punch the monitor (doesn't solve the problem, unfortunately) or try it again during a later session.

Edited by Meddysong
1 hour ago, Meddysong said:

I don't think that's a SuperGrid problem, Steve. I've periodically had the same problem with several template sets where even reverting to the original template won't save. The only thing you can do is punch the monitor (doesn't solve the problem, unfortunately) or try it again during a later session.

Seems strange that can edit other templates but not that one

Have tried the support 'something isn't working right' ... still no different

Tried a different browser and still same problem

ADDED:

Copied template html from the ipb default categoryHeader template and pasted into SuperHelp template and saved and it saved

pasted the original SuperHelp categoryHeader into the template and still get the same error

Also noticed that some of the coding in that template has different coloring (see below)

Untitled-4.jpg.dfe4cd6b0c2deb91b6671ac625ad2d97.jpg

Does that normally mean something wrong with the code somewhere  (doesn't seem to like the + 1 or something ?

Edited by steve00
1 hour ago, opentype said:

I tried both on my development installation and my demo site. I can’t replicate that problem, so for now I assume the template is fine. 

Left it for over an hour and tried again but still same

Is there an easy way to delete all the templates instead of one at a time as I tried to re-import the template.xml file and now have a second lot of templates with M03 30 18 in front of them (thought it might overwrite the original files) ?