Set membership to end after certain days, How to do this?

tomwin

Hi, how do i set the membership so that it expires after a number of days. 

I have added an extra membership under the name Premium. I have managed to add a price and it works as it should. But then, after 30 days, I want the member must return to the default member if he does not pay for a new period of 30 days. How do I do this? I do not get the member to return to the default member after 30 days.

Is it in these settings to set this? See the picture. Is this correct?

Skärmavbild 2016-12-26 kl. 18.42.58.png

If you are using Commerce, you can edit the Product that the member is buying. Under "Store & Purchase" settings, in the "Purchase Benefits" sub-section, select the group you want to move them into, and also tick the box to return them to the original group once it expires.

Screen Shot 2016-12-27 at 2.31.14 am.png

Hi, yes i'm using the commerce. And i have set the settings same as you. But still the member is still on the second member group Premium. I was hoping for them to move down to default standard member after 30 days.

Skärmavbild 2016-12-26 kl. 23.45.44.png

So the Renewals is the setting to set the expire and return the members to default standard as for my members? But is my settings down here right on Renewals?

Skärmavbild 2016-12-26 kl. 18.42.58.png

Hi, but how to set the days for the membership. I want the membership to end after 30 days. If they don't pay an extended period of 30 days they should be move to default standard member group. Right now the member is stil on the secondary group Premium and i cant figure out where is the setting for expire after 30 days. 

Or do i have to transfer the member back to standard member group manually? 

Anyone can help me out here.

The renewals setting look alright to me. After 30 days it should expire and the member returned to the original group/s.

Is "Medlem" the default membership primary group you want to return them to?

Because in that case, you can try without the secondary group settings. "Premium" is set up as a primary group there. So if you leave that like you have it, and have enabled return to previous (primary) group. And tick "Do not change" for secondary groups, the person will be moved from Premium to Medlem (all as primary groups)

I haven't tested this myself though, but that's the way it used to work on 3.4. I do all my promotions via Secondary groups though, but if you want them to show the "Premium" group as their main primary one, you should just adjust only the settings seen in my screenshot (first half of your screenshot).

If all fails, particularly with the renewals period, you may want to open a support ticket.

Archived