forums invisible to those not logged in!! migration from vb

MeMaBlue

Hello, urgent! (just migrated from vbulletin, site is online)

the forums are visible only to logged in members,

but invisible to not logged in members. 

i have set all forums to  "view" for all groups

I have set permissions for groups that are named unregistered etc  to "view" and read the forums

I dont know where else to look for in order to make the forums visible to not logged in /unregisterd members!

please help! 

16 minutes ago, MeMaBlue said:

Hello, urgent! (just migrated from vbulletin, site is online)

the forums are visible only to logged in members,

but invisible to not logged in members. 

i have set all forums to  "view" for all groups

I have set permissions for groups that are named unregistered etc  to "view" and read the forums

I dont know where else to look for in order to make the forums visible to not logged in /unregisterd members!

please help! 

You need check the permission as when converting some permission will not be moved over happy look over it if send me details.

3 minutes ago, MeMaBlue said:

hello, 

this is how it looks like, just in case this helps. 

thank you for your time.       i will check every other group also  but i have the feeling the problem is elsewhere... !

Have you double check your permissions in AdminCP > Community > Forums?
Permissions.JPG

8 minutes ago, MeMaBlue said:

hello, 

this is how it looks like, just in case this helps. 

thank you for your time.       i will check every other group also  but i have the feeling the problem is elsewhere... ! 

no_content.png

looks like premission issues @CP_User shows what to check if still have issues let use know.

36 minutes ago, MeMaBlue said:

yes  @CP_User  and @Theme Tent UK all the forums are set to  "See forum"    for ALL available usergroups ! ...  I have checked every one,  (every parent one   - this includes also its children).

and the usergroup called unregistered/ not logged in,  is also set to  view + read. 

i happy take look check it over if your happy for me to look at your Admin CP.

45 minutes ago, MeMaBlue said:

Thank you ...but id like to wait if anyone else has any other suggestions of what might be wrong... ?

I have also requested a support help but because of the holidays surely its a difficult time to get answers soon. :-(  

Make sure that you're also setting the view permission on the category.

try setting it via AdminCP > Members > Groups > click padlock icon for guest group.

Ok! PROBLEM SOLVED! 

as a long vbulletin user i didnt know that the group    "unregistered"   is in ipb terminology called "guests" and this usergroup apparently was created after migration and 

i didnt take notice of it. 

i was checking permissions for the usergroup       "unregistered" (which was imported from vb)   while i should be looking at the permissions of the group  "guests"  which you can also recognize that it is the certain group,  because of the brackets ( )   the numbers of users online right now are shown in - 

which wasnt visible when the site went online at the start since there wasnt anyone (any guests) on it yet.  now, when i checked again,   voila,   that was it.    DONE....   can please someone mark this topic as answered? 

guests.png

oh! same thing with the new users that get registered. 

in vbulletin they were "registered users" and the import put them there. 

but now when someone registers now,  they are put in a group called "members"   so this also has to have the correct permissions.   

by default it  was set as to NOT see forum.   changed that too and done. 

Archived