Support is useless !!!

Jibeji

9 hours ago, Lindy said:

IPS Connect is a development resource for SSO. We support it in as far as providing the framework and resolving bugs is concerned, however, making it work for your application is not something that's supported via the client system. 

As your team works so closely with the code on a daily basis, they might not realize that the documentation they write may make sense to some of the audience but not all.  The documentation you have provided in support of IPS Connect and other products most certainly could benefit from some additional details and examples.  You don't necessarily have to start from scratch, sometimes clarity can be provided by simply rephrasing a couple of sentences. It might be beneficial to provide your customers with a better understanding of the use cases where IPS Connect might be appropriate (or not) as it might allay misunderstandings and frustration on both sides.  Your SSO Service package could also benefit from a better explanation as to what additional functionality your value add-service provides over that of IPS Connect.  When people have a better understanding of the complexity of implementing a well executed SSO, they will appreciate the "value" it could bring to their community and be more amenable to the cost of your consulting service.

22 hours ago, Lindy said:

IPS Connect is a development resource for SSO. We support it in as far as providing the framework and resolving bugs is concerned, however, making it work for your application is not something that's supported via the client system. 

Thanks Lindy. Is this written down somewhere?

@Jibeji, can you tell me how your needs fit within the scope of what Lindy just outlined for us there?

Edit: just saw Laughter's post.

"As your team works so closely with the code on a daily basis, they might not realize that the documentation they write may make sense to some of the audience but not all."

This is what I was trying to ascertain from the op.

The documentation you have provided in support of IPS Connect and other products most certainly could benefit from some additional details and examples. 

And I absolutely agree with this. Some editors or troubleshooters could be employed here.

It might be beneficial to provide your customers with a better understanding of the use cases where IPS Connect might be appropriate (or not) as it might allay misunderstandings and frustration on both sides.  Your SSO Service package could also benefit from a better explanation as to what additional functionality your value add-service provides over that of IPS Connect. 

This is very important too, not saying this it what happened here, it's just something I have come across as a customer.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived