How can I edit this topic title? v4.1.14

phidler_merged

I can't figure out how to edit the title of a topic once posted, even with Moderator or Admin full privileges. What am I missing?

EDIT: I notice an "Edit" link on my post, 17 minutes after posting. On older posts of mine, even unanswered ones, only the "Quote" link is visible. Is this part of the issue, and if so, is the duration of the "Edit" link configurable on my own site?

7 hours ago, phidler_merged said:

I can't figure out how to edit the title of a topic once posted, even with Moderator or Admin full privileges. What am I missing?

EDIT: I notice an "Edit" link on my post, 17 minutes after posting. On older posts of mine, even unanswered ones, only the "Quote" link is visible. Is this part of the issue, and if so, is the duration of the "Edit" link configurable on my own site?

Check your group settings. There's a " Edit time restriction " setting, where you can define how long the group is allowed to edit the content.

8 hours ago, Daniel F said:

Check your group settings. There's a " Edit time restriction " setting, where you can define how long the group is allowed to edit the content.

THANK YOU! That was what I needed to find for editing post content.

It's at ACP>Members>Groups>(group_name)>Content tab>Editing section where I see the switches and parameters.

I still can't figure out how to edit a topic title, though. Any brilliant tips on that?

11 minutes ago, phidler_merged said:

THANK YOU! That was what I needed to find for editing post content.

It's at ACP>Members>Groups>(group_name)>Content tab>Editing section where I see the switches and parameters.

I still can't figure out how to edit a topic title, though. Any brilliant tips on that?

A great feature that was introduced on IPB many moons ago is that you could go to a topic listing hover your mouse over a topic title, press the left mouse button over the title and it will turn into a box which you can edit.

The other way in which most use is simply go to the FIRST post of any topic and click edit, there it will bring up the title box to edit.

Just now, CP_User said:

A great feature that was introduced on IPB many moons ago is that you could go to a topic listing hover your mouse over a topic title, press and hold the title and it will turn into a box which you can edit.

The other other which most use is simply go to the FIRST post of any topic and click edit, there it will bring up the title box to edit.

That's what IP support told me as well, but it's not working for me (I'm running the latest Chrome and MacOS builds). When I hover over a topic title the cursor is the standard text cursor, and clicking only defines a selection point, but invokes no edit box. I've also tried clicking with all combinations of the shift, control, option, and command keys, to no avail.

Your second tip, however (editing the first post), does work for me. Thanks again!

• 7 months later...
On 23/12/2016 at 8:08 PM, CP_User said:

A great feature that was introduced on IPB many moons ago is that you could go to a topic listing hover your mouse over a topic title, press the left mouse button over the title and it will turn into a box which you can edit.

Hello ! :)

As an admin, I can do it, but do I have to do something in the ACP (I searched but didn't find any option) to allow members and moderators to use this feature ?

Thank you ! :)

Archived