4.1.18 date & christmas support

ThomasS

Hi guys

I'm planning on renewing my license to upgrade to the latest IPB version. As the theme-upgrade doesn't really work that great I have to fiddle with 50 different settings by hand (for every version upgrade which needs a theme-upgrade) and I'd really love to minimize the overhead here.

That's the reason for my question:
Is there a release date planned for the next update 4.1.18? Will it be between christimas and new year or in the next year?

Additionally to that:
Is IPB in some kind of x-mas vacation during the christmas time?

I'm planning on upgading everything (including addons and raising the PHP version to 7 for a performance-gain) - so lots of things that can go wrong and I just want to time it properly :]

thanks in advance
TOM

2 hours ago, ThomasS said:

I'm planning on upgading everything (including addons and raising the PHP version to 7 for a performance-gain) - so lots of things that can go wrong and I just want to time it properly

Hopefully you'll be going for one change at a time, not several at once - will make the troubleshooting life a lot easier if something did happen to go wrong.

1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

100% no. There isn't even alpha or beta. I would expect it for february... but this is just my guess.

You can upgrade your board to 4.1.17.1. It's pretty stable. 

thanks, IPB-staff agrees? ;)

1 hour ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Hopefully you'll be going for one change at a time, not several at once - will make the troubleshooting life a lot easier if something did happen to go wrong.

yep thanks for the hint, will test everything on my test-installation and then change one thing after another with some time in between :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived