How to disable ads in certain forum nodes?

Shyuan

Hi,

I am using IPS 4.1.17.1. I have ads in two places: `ad_sidebar` and `ad_topic_view`. But I would like to disable these ads in forum node 27.

I came across the ads removal code in certain forum nodes @thompsone provided here. I tried modifying and implementing the code to my `ad_sidebar` and `ad_topic_view` myself but I don't seem to get it working. IPS Support won't be able to help, so I was told to post my question here.

I am not a programmer, so I don't really know what's going on here.. Any help/advice would be much appreciated. Thank you. :)

`ad_sidebar` snippet from `sidebar` template:

{{if isset(\IPS\Output::i()->sidebar['widgets']['sidebar']) and count( \IPS\Output::i()->sidebar['widgets']['sidebar'] ) and ( \IPS\core\Advertisement::loadByLocation( 'ad_sidebar' ) ) }}
			{advertisement="ad_sidebar"}
			<br><br>
{{endif}}

`ad_topic_view` snippet from `topic` template:

{{if $postCount == 1 AND $advertisement = \IPS\core\Advertisement::loadByLocation( 'ad_topic_view' )}}
			{$advertisement|raw}
{{endif}}

I posted it 24 hours ago.. (not trying to say people must reply me asap, but I am just replying you because you thought i just posted this a few minutes ago). My bad for bumping the thread after 24 hours. I will remove that.

1 minute ago, sweethoney said:

if nobody gets to your topic after a few minutes....  just Waite someone will respond to it.... they can see it...they might be looking 4 the answer

17 minutes ago, sweethoney said:

may i ask what are you trying 2 do just disable in a forum or the site

If i understand you correctly. I just want to disable the sidebar and topic view ads in forum node 27 but remain the same on any part of other forums. Thanks.

Just now, sweethoney said:

wht is your url so we can uderstand and i will join

Hi,

Ads are enabled for sidebar and after first post in a topic. This is across entire forum. I have a forum section which is a private section and I do not want my ads in there since that will violate Google Adsense rules. So I want to get rid of the sidebar ads and after first post ads only in that private forum section. So this requires some template editing. I know basic template editing and can understand some of them. Unfortunately I don't understand how can I implement the "remove ads for a certain forums" code discussed in another topic as I linked in my first message. But I am trying. :)

Also take a look at the comments in this tip:

You can probably wrap the ad tag with the forum ids you want it to show in.

Maybe something like...not sure if this would work.

{{if request.app == 'forums' && request.module == 'forums'}}
	{{$id = \IPS\Request::i()->id;}}
	{{if $id == '27'}}

{{else}} 

your ad tag

{{endif}}
{{endif}}

Hello,

On 21.12.2016 at 3:51 AM, Shyuan said:

`ad_sidebar` snippet from `sidebar` template:

{{if isset(\IPS\Output::i()->sidebar['widgets']['sidebar']) and count( \IPS\Output::i()->sidebar['widgets']['sidebar'] ) and ( \IPS\core\Advertisement::loadByLocation( 'ad_sidebar' ) ) and !(request.app == 'forums' and request.module == 'forums' and request.controller == 'forums' and request.id == 27)}}
	{advertisement="ad_sidebar"}
	<br><br>
{{endif}}

On 21.12.2016 at 3:51 AM, Shyuan said:

`ad_topic_view` snippet from `topic` template:

{{if $postCount == 1 AND $advertisement = \IPS\core\Advertisement::loadByLocation( 'ad_topic_view' ) and $topic->forum_id != 27}}
			{$advertisement|raw}
{{endif}}

Archived