Integrate DKIM

Frost_Bite

Uhhhh... I don't think that would work under most cases, as you have to put your DKIM settings in as a TXT entry into DNS.  And some people (like me) have their DNS hosted elsewhere than on my dedicated server (even though I do all my own MTA stuff on said server) which requires an additional layer of authentication to access.

You would still have to create your DNS entries.  DKIM is a server level aspect and honestly I personally wouldn't want my script (in this case IPS) doing anything.

About dns yes. But you have to configure any server like Sendmail that contained the keys. I suggest to do it on the side of the application, as it will be much easier for the forum administrators. You need experience much less than for the settings of the mail server.

Mandrill asks for money for nothing and have blacklisted ips. Mail analytics can be embedded in an application, example in the first message.

no, you configure the MTA to interface with (frequently) OpenDKIM on the server.  And no, it won't be "easier" as you still have to configure your DNS TXT entry Not everyone uses SMTP for their interface to send mail with.  Some of us actually use the PHP processor to hand it off.  Setting up OpenDKIM with the MTA is one of the easier things to do.  If you can't do it (and no, I don't even use cPanel, I do all mine at command line) then maybe one shouldn't be running a mail server.

For those using SparkPost, Mandrill, etc I believe they have to be set there.

no, you configure the MTA to interface with (frequently) OpenDKIM on the server.  And no, it won't be "easier" as you still have to configure your DNS TXT entry Not everyone uses SMTP for their interface to send mail with.  Some of us actually use the PHP processor to hand it off.  Setting up OpenDKIM with the MTA is one of the easier things to do.  If you can't do it (and no, I don't even use cPanel, I do all mine at command line) then maybe one shouldn't be running a mail server.

For those using Mandril, SparkPost, etc. I believe they have to set it there as they are the one actually "delivering" the mail for your domain.

7 minutes ago, Frost_Bite said:

Access to cpanel or ispmanager or ssh may be missing. Everything must be done simply and via a browser.

Asking your hosting provider for assistance is the way to go if you're limited on your options or do not know what to do.

1 hour ago, Frost_Bite said:

Access to cpanel or ispmanager or ssh may be missing. Everything must be done simply and via a browser.

In that case,  you don't have control (normal most likely if you are on something like a free hosting - which is crap for use with IPS).  I don't know of ANY decent hosting provider that does not provide a panel of some type (shared) and if you have a VPS or dedicated server then you are going to have SSH access (unless you've screwed the pooch and messed it up).

And cPanel already does DKIM configuration (as do most other panels).

Honesty there are many other things I'd rather see them invest their time in that something the replicates what most panels already do and is done by others from the command line on their server.

Like, work on the calendar to get it so that you can have repeating day of week type events (like every 3rd Wednesday of a month).

Archived