Newsletters

8 hours ago, sound said:

it seems that the newsletter picks up and posts links to articles not yet published

as in articles that have the publication date in the future

I will add that to my issue list. Note that I'm taking a couple of days off this week (my kids have off from school) so this fix may not hit the marketplace until next week. 

On 12/20/2016 at 3:35 PM, Jimmy Gavekort said:

Just got this. The email preview, is this how it really looks? 

sf1WZ30.png

Looks really bad, was expecting better D:

Anyone got any templates I could use, that matches the IPS emails..? :( 

My emails are using the wrapper but look like this as well, bullet-style. Is this normal when not using a custom template? This is turning into more work than I planned, was hoping for a clean default template and then set and go... 

On 2/2/2017 at 8:41 PM, AlexWebsites said:

Question, can you add {{member_ name}} to the subject of the newsletter email?  Something like {{member_ name}}, here are the latest topic from ....

I can add this to my enhancement list.

13 hours ago, AlexWebsites said:

My emails are using the wrapper but look like this as well, bullet-style. Is this normal when not using a custom template? This is turning into more work than I planned, was hoping for a clean default template and then set and go... 

I can change the default template if people think that it needs changing. What I've learned over the years though, is that no 2 people ever want the same template. So I can change it to something without bullets, but I can guarantee that someone else is not going to like what I change it to. :) 

14 hours ago, AlexWebsites said:

Are gallery images supposed to be images or just links?

Links. There is a generic template that is used for all content types. I guess I could/should do something else for gallery, though. No timeline.

New version has been pushed to the marketplace. Changes include:

• SendGrid support
  • Cleaned up default HTML template
  • Separate default HTML template for images
  • New variable *|member_name|* can be included in the newsletter
  • Newsletters included future articles/content. Fixed.
  • "Allowed Groups" property was not respected in the subscription screen. Fixed.

IMPORTANT NOTE: SendGrid support is completely untested, as I do not have access to a SendGrid account. Please report any issues in this thread and I will address as needed. Note that I may request ACP access if necessary for troubleshooting.

The *|member_name|* works well if you put it in the name of the newsletter and it's then included in the subject of the email. However, when the member goes to manage their newsletters it shows the variable instead of their display name under Manage Newsletter Subscriptions. Is there anyway to omit that if using it this way? 

11 hours ago, AlexWebsites said:

Is there anyway to change the sync time and does that run off the server time?

Distribution times are calculated according to GMT. Time now is 02/09/2017 01:47 AM

It's using the server time. I can't really change that easily, sorry.

13 hours ago, AlexWebsites said:

The *|member_name|* works well if you put it in the name of the newsletter and it's then included in the subject of the email. However, when the member goes to manage their newsletters it shows the variable instead of their display name under Manage Newsletter Subscriptions. Is there anyway to omit that if using it this way? 

I'll look into it. No updates to this mod though for at least a week. :) Kind of backed up here at the moment.