Newsletters

HeadStand

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2017 at 8:23 AM, sound said:

latest version 4.1.19.4

system log entry

TypeError: DateTime::__construct() expects parameter 2 to be DateTimeZone, string given (0)
#0 /xxxxxx/system/Helpers/Form/Date.php(207): DateTime->__construct('2017-01-02 23:0...', 'UTC')
#1 /xxxxxx/system/Helpers/Form/FormAbstract.php(165): IPS\Helpers\Form\_Date->formatValue()
#2 /xxxxxx/system/Helpers/Form/FormAbstract.php(143): IPS\Helpers\Form\_FormAbstract->setValue(true)
#3 [internal function]: IPS\Helpers\Form\_FormAbstract->__construct('newsletter_star...', 1483398000, true, Array, NULL, NULL, NULL, 'newsletter_star...')
#4 /xxxxxx/system/Helpers/Form/Date.php(90): call_user_func_array('parent::__const...', Array)
#5 /xxxxxx/applications/newsletters/sources/Newsletter/Newsletter.php(156): IPS\Helpers\Form\_Date->__construct('newsletter_star...', 1483398000, true, Array, NULL, NULL, NULL, 'newsletter_star...')
#6 /xxxxxx/applications/newsletters/modules/admin/newsletters/newsletters.php(189): IPS\newsletters\_Newsletter->form(Object(IPS\Helpers\Form))
#7 /xxxxxx/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(86): IPS\newsletters\modules\admin\newsletters\_newsletters->form()
#8 /xxxxxx/applications/newsletters/modules/admin/newsletters/newsletters.php(27): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#9 /xxxxxx/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\newsletters\modules\admin\newsletters\_newsletters->execute()
#10 /xxxxxx/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#11 {main}

hi

any word on this ?

i want to change the delivery time of a newsletter

this error is preventing this

thanks

@HeadStand On 4.1.19.4 I've started to see this error:

Template store key: template_1_2fb293ac9742a1ebdf0f083ddddd13eb_content missing (newsletters, global, content)

Backtrace:

#0 /var/www/html/forum/system/Theme/Theme.php(756): IPS\_Log::log('Template store ...', 'template_store_...')
#1 /var/www/html/forum/applications/newsletters/extensions/newsletters/NewsletterContent/Core.php(246): IPS\_Theme->getTemplate('content', 'newsletters', 'global')
#2 /var/www/html/forum/applications/newsletters/sources/Newsletter/Content.php(262): IPS\newsletters\extensions\newsletters\NewsletterContent\_Core->htmlTemplate()
#3 /var/www/html/forum/applications/newsletters/sources/Newsletter/Newsletter.php(491): IPS\newsletters\Newsletter\_Content->build('html', Array)
#4 /var/www/html/forum/applications/newsletters/sources/Newsletter/Newsletter.php(566): IPS\newsletters\_Newsletter->buildContent('html', Array)
#5 /var/www/html/forum/applications/newsletters/tasks/PublishNewsletters.php(65): IPS\newsletters\_Newsletter->publish()
#6 /var/www/html/forum/system/Task/Task.php(249): IPS\newsletters\tasks\_PublishNewsletters->execute()
#7 /var/www/html/forum/system/Task/Task.php(218): IPS\_Task->run()
#8 /var/www/html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(306): IPS\_Task->runAndLog()
#9 [internal function]: IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard->__destruct()
#10 {main}

Is this a theme error? If so, how do I work out which theme?

On 7/19/2017 at 5:45 PM, NoGi said:

@HeadStand On 4.1.19.4 I've started to see this error:

Template store key: template_1_2fb293ac9742a1ebdf0f083ddddd13eb_content missing (newsletters, global, content)

Backtrace:

#0 /var/www/html/forum/system/Theme/Theme.php(756): IPS\_Log::log('Template store ...', 'template_store_...')
#1 /var/www/html/forum/applications/newsletters/extensions/newsletters/NewsletterContent/Core.php(246): IPS\_Theme->getTemplate('content', 'newsletters', 'global')
#2 /var/www/html/forum/applications/newsletters/sources/Newsletter/Content.php(262): IPS\newsletters\extensions\newsletters\NewsletterContent\_Core->htmlTemplate()
#3 /var/www/html/forum/applications/newsletters/sources/Newsletter/Newsletter.php(491): IPS\newsletters\Newsletter\_Content->build('html', Array)
#4 /var/www/html/forum/applications/newsletters/sources/Newsletter/Newsletter.php(566): IPS\newsletters\_Newsletter->buildContent('html', Array)
#5 /var/www/html/forum/applications/newsletters/tasks/PublishNewsletters.php(65): IPS\newsletters\_Newsletter->publish()
#6 /var/www/html/forum/system/Task/Task.php(249): IPS\newsletters\tasks\_PublishNewsletters->execute()
#7 /var/www/html/forum/system/Task/Task.php(218): IPS\_Task->run()
#8 /var/www/html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(306): IPS\_Task->runAndLog()
#9 [internal function]: IPS\Dispatcher\_Standard->__destruct()
#10 {main}

Is this a theme error? If so, how do I work out which theme?

That's odd. It looks like it can't find the template at all. It should be under newsletters -> global -> content... do you have anything there?

On 7/18/2017 at 3:38 AM, sound said:

hi

any word on this ?

i want to change the delivery time of a newsletter

this error is preventing this

thanks

the stack trace you printed is telling me that you're not running the latest code. The line numbers in the trace don't match the actual structure. Can you please try downloading and installing the latest?

35 minutes ago, HeadStand said:

the stack trace you printed is telling me that you're not running the latest code. The line numbers in the trace don't match the actual structure. Can you please try downloading and installing the latest?

ok , the system was saying that it was 1003 installed but after downloading  and uploading the latest from here it appears that its all working now

so all now resolved

thanks for your time/efforts

7 hours ago, Wonko12 said:

Hi

I have installed and sent out the first weekly newsletter and have had a request to unsubscribe via email as the unsubscribe link is not working, running on 4.2.

I'll look into it. No ETA as of yet. 

I'll try to fix the unsubscribe link this week. What specific error are you getting? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi @HeadStand

I've created a newsletter to email out upcoming events over the next week from a specific calendar, however the newsletter itself isn't sorting the events by date, even though i've selected Recently Updated with a cutoff of 7 days.  How can I have it only send out the events over the next 7 days?

I've also noticed that the Newsletter is showing events that have passed in the calendar too.  Is there a way to only show future events?

Thanks

Edited by Adam_S

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @HeadStand, I have some questions: 

• I have over 230 000 registered users. Do you have any experience whether your application can handle such a large amount of mails?
  • How long does it take to send over 230 000 mails out?
  • Can I define smaller packages or will it try to send all 230 000 mails at once?
  • Does it handle bounces, so that I can mark "dead" mails and exclude such members from the Newsletter?
  • Can members unsubscribe without login to the site or must they be logged to unsubscribe?

Thank you.

On 9/30/2017 at 4:53 PM, Sonya* said:

Hi @HeadStand, I have some questions: 

• I have over 230 000 registered users. Do you have any experience whether your application can handle such a large amount of mails?
  • How long does it take to send over 230 000 mails out?
  • Can I define smaller packages or will it try to send all 230 000 mails at once?
  • Does it handle bounces, so that I can mark "dead" mails and exclude such members from the Newsletter?
  • Can members unsubscribe without login to the site or must they be logged to unsubscribe?

Thank you.

1. It definitely can. I have customers that are sending out to nearly 1 million members.

2. It's dependent on which email provider you're using (standard/SparkPost/SendGrid). Email will be sent at the same rate as IPS bulk mails, it uses the same code.

3. It will never send to all members at once. Again, it uses the IPS bulk mail code, so emails will be sent from the newsletter the same way that IPS sends them.

4. Not at this time.

5. Yes, they should be able to unsubscribe without logging in.

On 9/22/2017 at 2:23 AM, Adam_S said:

Hi @HeadStand

I've created a newsletter to email out upcoming events over the next week from a specific calendar, however the newsletter itself isn't sorting the events by date, even though i've selected Recently Updated with a cutoff of 7 days.  How can I have it only send out the events over the next 7 days?

I've also noticed that the Newsletter is showing events that have passed in the calendar too.  Is there a way to only show future events?

Thanks

Just letting you know that I did see this post and your PM. I've been working on and off the last couple of weeks (and the next 2 weeks) due to the Jewish holidays, so I haven't had time to get to it. I WILL get to it, though.

2 hours ago, HeadStand said:

Just letting you know that I did see this post and your PM. I've been working on and off the last couple of weeks (and the next 2 weeks) due to the Jewish holidays, so I haven't had time to get to it. I WILL get to it, though.

Ok, great, thank you!

I just noticed that if you move a topic and leave in place a topic redirect (for 30 days as IPS gives you the option to), your topic list will include both the old and redirected in the newsletter. Is there a way to prevent this? It looks like duplicate topics when sending out. I removed the redirect link to stop it but this could be an issue if you are moving a lot and leave all the redirects in place.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 11/22/2017 at 9:05 AM, CheersnGears said:

unsubscribe is still not working

I just tested it about 5 minutes ago and it's working. I need a specific error and/or link, please, because as of now I cannot reproduce it. So far the only information I have gotten from anyone is "it's not working" but no one is telling me WHAT is not working. :) 

On 10/20/2017 at 6:08 PM, AlexWebsites said:

A suggestion for this app, please add an unsubscribe setting for newsletters in the admin panel under the member when viewing. The only way to unsubscribe a member now is to login as them. Maybe add your app into the tabs for member management?

Unsubscribe from the ACP has been available since the initial version, even back in 3.x. In the ACP, go to the Newsletters screen, then choose "Subscribers" from the menu option on the right. You should see all current subscribers and you can remove anyone on the list.

On 10/22/2017 at 12:41 PM, Janyour said:

Hello,

can we send newsletters with latest topics for example to members being active in the last 30 days ?

Can we also send email to members who had not visited the website in last 30 days to invite and renagge them ?

Not at this time. You can send to individual member groups, but there is no other filtering available.

6 minutes ago, Kjell Iver Johansen said:

Just a tip from me regarding Unsubscribe link @CheersnGears. I had the same issue earlier on the IPS bulkmail, and the cause for me was that there was something wrong with the languagefile. HAve to use english in ACP.. just a guess. 

Since I don't know what error they're getting, I can't tell if this is relevant. I'm not sure why the language would be a factor, though. Thanks for the tip, though. :) 

Edited by HeadStand