Newsletters

8 hours ago, HeadStand said:

I don't think that would matter. I'm not working this weekend but let me give it another shot next week. 

I only just saw this after doing a clean install lol. Anyway problem is still there.

Fresh install, created a new newsletter, left template blank.

Preview HTML -> works as expected

Test Distribution -> works as expected

Publish Newsletter -> Hi {{member_name}}, is the first line of the email

1 minute ago, Adriano Faria said:

@HeadStand, sorry if I misunderstood the situation here, but I had a similar issue on Invite System. Not sure if is happening the same here, but the Hi {{member_name}} is automatically added in emails. On my app it was showing twice.

That's it and what's happening with me. 

Anyway, I'll let her enjoy her break in peace and will wait till next week when she is back on deck to look at this. Other than that, awesome app @HeadStand

4 hours ago, NoGi said:

Yes I am.

AHA! And now I think I know the problem. Pretty sure this is an IPS bug (which I will report) but I can work around it. 

As a test, can you switch the newsletter to use SMTP and see if it works? You should be able to do this in the newsletter settings. 

Hi @HeadStand

I am thinking of purchasing this addon, but have some questions first:

1) Can I subscribe all my existing members to receive this newsletter on a monthly basis?
2) Can I create a single "template" that will mail them a monthly digest of activity or do I have to create a monthly newsletter manually and mail it out?
3) Will new members who join to my website be automatically subscribed to the newsletter?

Cheers,

Pete

1 hour ago, VR6Pete said:

Hi @HeadStand

I am thinking of purchasing this addon, but have some questions first:

1) Can I subscribe all my existing members to receive this newsletter on a monthly basis?
2) Can I create a single "template" that will mail them a monthly digest of activity or do I have to create a monthly newsletter manually and mail it out?
3) Will new members who join to my website be automatically subscribed to the newsletter?

Cheers,

Pete

1) Yes.

2) templates are not newsletters. A template is just a wrapper. You create one newsletter, define the activity you want to include  (e.g. recent topics, latest articles), then you schedule it to go out monthly and never think about it again. 

3) Yes.

Hi there,

Some feedback:

"Gallery" - would be good if it actually rendered thumb nails instead of links when viewed in HTML to make the email more attractive to view.

loving the plugin so far will be good for my members :) 

Edited by VR6Pete

Also, I have installed bouncer plugin - does this addon ignore members who are subscribed where the preference to prevent emails from sending to invalid email addresses is set?

I don't want to spam sparkpost with invalid emails :) 

Also, how do I know the unsubscribe link is working OK? I did a test distribution to my own email address and it just displayed the text as *|unsubscribe|* is that normal when testing the distribution ?

lastly on the newsletter ACP it says next distribution 01/14/2017 -   on a 2 weekly interval.

The scheduled start date is 01/07/2017 - does this mean that the first newsletter will be emailed out on the 7th Jan?

Thanks.

Pete

1 hour ago, VR6Pete said:

Hi there,

Some feedback:

"Gallery" - would be good if it actually rendered thumb nails instead of links when viewed in HTML to make the email more attractive to view.

loving the plugin so far will be good for my members :) 

You can customize the template for gallery to allow that. I intentionally do not provide specific templates for different content types because the code is written to handle any item you throw at it. If I start customizing, there will be no end. :)

32 minutes ago, VR6Pete said:

Also, I have installed bouncer plugin - does this addon ignore members who are subscribed where the preference to prevent emails from sending to invalid email addresses is set?

I don't want to spam sparkpost with invalid emails

I don't have any integration with 3rd party plugins. Emails that have the "send me email" flag disabled are skipped.

33 minutes ago, VR6Pete said:

so, how do I know the unsubscribe link is working OK? I did a test distribution to my own email address and it just displayed the text as *|unsubscribe|* is that normal when testing the distribution ?

Unsubscribe is not included in the test because it's dependent on the newsletter issue. Issues are not generated until a publish.

34 minutes ago, VR6Pete said:

lastly on the newsletter ACP it says next distribution 01/14/2017 -   on a 2 weekly interval.

The scheduled start date is 01/07/2017 - does this mean that the first newsletter will be emailed out on the 7th Jan?

No. First newsletter will go out on the 14th, like it says... that might be a bug. I'll look into it.