Arrowchat

Stormlilly

Hey peoples,

I'd like to open up a discussion about Arrowchat.

It seems to be a viable option moving forward considering IPS' decision to discontinue the chat module in 2017

Is anyone else moving in this direction, or have you tried Arrowchat on your own forum?

I wrote to them and the support was very quick and helpful.  

The platform seems stable, has some nice features and already addresses a few of the problems that members have reported with Cometchat.

Also, is there a reason that IPS did not recommend this to us? @Lindy 

My experience with Cometchat was very poor, as it seems for many other IPS members who took the plunge.

It would be nice if IPS worked with Arrowchat to ensure a smooth integration. One member mentioned some forum lag issues with the addon, things like this might be able to be resolved if working in unison.

I know for one I would appreciate a better option than Cometchat.

Would love to hear thoughts on this from other members looking to replace their chat module next year.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/14/2016 at 10:43 AM, Stormlilly said:

The platform seems stable, has some nice features and already addresses a few of the problems that members have reported with Cometchat.

What were the problems...

As cometchat i full of extensive features... and has cloud version as well.............

I was thinking to move with cometchat.....as it has mobile app too...

pl advise

You can read recent member experiences with CometChat in this thread here: 

I used it before migrating to IPS and found it buggy and hard to use, I cannot recall the exact errors now but had to uninstall it.

I counted it as a loss in my quest to find a chat platform that our community liked and could use on all devices. I was dissatisfied with the experience.

Archived