Email domain blacklist on registration

NoGi

I'm seeing an increasing number of registrations on my forum with people trying to use disposable email addresses. Would be good to stop them a step back before they can even register by not allowing certain email domains to be used.

Just now, Daniel F said:

You can do this already with the ban filter.

But doesn't this still let them register? I'm talking about actually preventing the registration in the first place. 9/10 times it's going to be a spammer but for that 1 in 10, I'd like them to have the opportunity to put in a valid address instead of being banned.

7 minutes ago, NoGi said:

But doesn't this still let them register? I'm talking about actually preventing the registration in the first place. 9/10 times it's going to be a spammer but for that 1 in 10, I'd like them to have the opportunity to put in a valid address instead of being banned.

No, it won't let them register

Registration - IPS Community Suite - Google Chrome 2016-12-05 13.43.17.png

Edit: Sorry, I just remember that this was broken and that I fixed this for 4.1.17. 

• 2 years later...

Hmm to iterate on this: is it possible to ban multiple domains at once? Adding one-by-one would be tedious work, as there's A LOT of those. Sure I could do that via SQL query but if there's another option I'd prefer that.

Archived