Mod_sec issue

anyone else have issues with mod sec?

981257: Detects MySQL comment-/space-obfuscated injections and backtick termination
Description: Access denied with redirection to http://tacticalgeeks.net/ using status 302 (phase 2).
Justification: Pattern match "(?i:(?:,.?)\da-f\"'][\"' )|(?:\Wselect.+\W ?from)|((?:select|create|rename|truncate|load|alter|delete|update|insert|desc)\s?\(\s ?space\s*?\())" at REQUEST_COOKIES:ips4_acpTabs.

deleted cookie got un ip blocked by host and as soon as i logged into admin cp and cookie appeared again i was  blocked again anyone know a solution besides disabling mod sec?

support hasnt been much help

Your host should be the one to help you with this, They may have the rules set to strict or may just not allow what you are doing. In any case, you need to contact them and have them correct this for you. If you're on anything other than a dedicated server account I highly doubt they will remove mod-sec..

Kind Regards

On 12/1/2016 at 7:25 AM, Tactical Geeks said:

anyone else have issues with mod sec?

981257: Detects MySQL comment-/space-obfuscated injections and backtick termination
Description: Access denied with redirection to http://tacticalgeeks.net/ using status 302 (phase 2).
Justification: Pattern match "(?i:(?:,.?)\da-f\"'][\"' )|(?:\Wselect.+\W ?from)|((?:select|create|rename|truncate|load|alter|delete|update|insert|desc)\s?\(\s ?space\s*?\())" at REQUEST_COOKIES:ips4_acpTabs.

deleted cookie got un ip blocked by host and as soon as i logged into admin cp and cookie appeared again i was  blocked again anyone know a solution besides disabling mod sec?

support hasnt been much help

Your hosting company has their mod_sec configured improperly and way to strict.

IPS probably won't be able to offer much help. Try contacting your hosting, or consider changing hosting providers.

Archived