Restore IPS forum

Riksa

So you're talking about instead of upgrading an existing forum, do a clean install and then import the database and files from the old forum into it?

If you are not concerned about losing user accounts and posts and other content, then starting fresh would be the best way to go.

Yes, I mean the existing platform, a service provider can not operate the site can not I log. The page is white and only the address is correct. Can I get something through the management?

I'm not worried because I have done accounts on pages 2 days ago, and users are not like me :)

perhaps the best way to install the platform again?

If you're seeing a white page, usually this means there is a suppressed PHP error that you should be able to see in the PHP error_log (or by enabling display_errors temporarily). Ultimately I would not recommend performing a clean installation and then trying to copy data over at the database level. If you prefer to perform a clean installation and then start your site fresh, that is fine (although it is probable if you submit a ticket in your client area we can simply help you resolve the error that is occurring on your site now).

• 8 months later...
On 12/1/2016 at 7:38 AM, bfarber said:

Ultimately I would not recommend performing a clean installation and then trying to copy data over at the database level.

Has IPS gotten the ability to import an existing IPS forum into another?  That's one of the features of XenForo that I really like as you can pull the users and posts (and 1st party data) into a new XF site from an older one.

12 hours ago, Tracy Perry said:

Has IPS gotten the ability to import an existing IPS forum into another?  That's one of the features of XenForo that I really like as you can pull the users and posts (and 1st party data) into a new XF site from an older one.

There's something in the works for this - feel free to submit a ticket if you have an immediate need for this.

7 hours ago, bfarber said:

There's something in the works for this - feel free to submit a ticket if you have an immediate need for this.

I really lucked out.. when I brought my sites down, I had put all of the stuff into one BIG archive which I finally remembered after I was digging through the HD's.  So I was able to find what I needed (old site files and the DB to correspond) and then install (4.1 series) it and run the upgrade process... but it would be a VERY nice benefit for cases where the actual physical files are not available... but with missing avatars/images I can see that may present an issue that would need to be addressed.

Archived