(NE) Hide content

What's new/fixed in v3.1.2? (currently pending approval)

• NEW: Ability to limit the number of replies/comments shown in a topic/database record, if using the 'Hide all content' functionality.
  • NEW: Content within an embed is hidden if the embedded post is in a forum where the viewer is not allowed to view that content.
  • FIX: Hiding of content in a topic's search results is no longer erroneously tied to enabling the 'Hide content in a topic's first post' setting.

I have an exception in the latest version:

OutOfRangeException:  (0)
#0 /home/xxxxxxx.com/public_html/boards/init.php(893) : eval()'d code(22): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load()
#1 /home/xxxxxxx.com/public_html/boards/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(230): IPS\forums\nehidecontent_hook_neapp_hidecontent_forums_topic->comments()
#2 /home/xxxxxxx.com/public_html/boards/init.php(893) : eval()'d code(31): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->manage()
#3 /home/xxxxxxx.com/public_html/boards/init.php(893) : eval()'d code(15): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\marktopic_hook_code_forums_modules_front_topic->manage()
#4 /home/xxxxxxx.com/public_html/boards/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\hook448->manage()
#5 /home/xxxxxxx.com/public_html/boards/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/xxxxxxx.com/public_html/boards/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(39): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/xxxxxxx.com/public_html/boards/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->execute()
#8 /home/xxxxxxx.com/public_html/boards/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

Backtrace

#0 /home/xxxxxxx.com/public_html/boards/init.php(995): IPS\_Log::log()
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler()
#2 {main}

Can I have some context to this please - I am assuming that you are reading a forum topic, but please confirm.

What are you doing at the time? Anything other than reading? What are your settings?

EDIT:

In amongst that stack is the following:

#3 /home/xxxxxxx.com/public_html/boards/init.php(893) : eval()'d code(15): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\marktopic_hook_code_forums_modules_front_topic->manage()
#4 /home/xxxxxxx.com/public_html/boards/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\hook448->manage()

So this might be a conflict with another plugin/application -> 'marktopic' - so I am going to need more detail from you on this one please.

Edited by Nathan Explosion
On 12/6/2020 at 9:10 AM, Nathan Explosion said:

Can I have some context to this please - I am assuming that you are reading a forum topic, but please confirm.

What are you doing at the time? Anything other than reading? What are your settings?

EDIT:

In amongst that stack is the following:

So this might be a conflict with another plugin/application -> 'marktopic' - so I am going to need more detail from you on this one please.

Yes, you're right about the reading topic, and yes, I have this application installed too...

The settings:

image.png.afce705a9572990f7143ea586688d700.png

image.png.3a9c7495b60731dd2fb49b4643d61a22.png

image.thumb.png.14c5fc581fbdfc8ac9a242e252b42fcc.png

image.png.a11995cb475c4e3f90ebaee4e2e2cac8.png

image.png.c293c090c34acabc8c309f86541be25f.png

image.png.ded8cf67e8fd7382b03cbcb550b2f022.png

image.png.dbf4a91a375012bb4962c43c3a526a8e.png

image.thumb.png.2946002b6e96d9f33ec2afe751675a9f.png

2 minutes ago, IceCore said:

Yes, you're right about the reading topic, and yes, I have this application installed too...

Thanks - just to rule it out of the equation, please do the following:

1. Disable this 'marktopics' application (I don't know what application this actually is, so I am not going to assume it is called 'Mark Topics')
  2. Wait a minute
  3. Open up a topic that will trigger this error and confirm, yes or no, if the issue still occurs
    • Provide a full screenshot of the error being displayed, not a copy/paste or a cutdown version of it, please.

26 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Thanks - just to rule it out of the equation, please do the following:

1. Disable this 'marktopics' application (I don't know what application this actually is, so I am not going to assume it is called 'Mark Topics')
  2. Wait a minute
  3. Open up a topic that will trigger this error and confirm, yes or no, if the issue still occurs
    • Provide a full screenshot of the error being displayed, not a copy/paste or a cutdown version of it, please.

This is what I see in the topic:

image.thumb.png.72f8033e6ac4e04f0a9f5e2b4926f2d7.png

OutOfRangeException:  (0)
#0 /home/devhub.co.il/public_html/boards/init.php(893) : eval()'d code(22): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load()
#1 /home/devhub.co.il/public_html/boards/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(230): IPS\forums\nehidecontent_hook_neapp_hidecontent_forums_topic->comments()
#2 /home/devhub.co.il/public_html/boards/init.php(893) : eval()'d code(15): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->manage()
#3 /home/devhub.co.il/public_html/boards/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\hook448->manage()
#4 /home/devhub.co.il/public_html/boards/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /home/devhub.co.il/public_html/boards/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(39): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/devhub.co.il/public_html/boards/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->execute()
#7 /home/devhub.co.il/public_html/boards/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

@IceCore  - I can't reproduce this yet. Can you answer the following questions for me please?

1. When you are viewing the topic, are you a 'guest' or are you logged in?
  2. On your 'Forum's tab, you are excluding some forums from being affected by the application. With regards to the topic you are viewing
    1. is it in one of those excluded forums?
    2. Is the forum, in which the topic is located, configured for normal discussion or is it a Q&A forum?
  3. You have Pages installed, which means that you could store comments for Pages records in a forum topic. Is the topic you are viewing associated with a Pages database for this purpose?

If you can send me a link to a topic then I can take a closer look too.

Anyone else receiving an error: "[[Template forums/front/forums/topicRow is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]"

Showing up in the forums.

Here is my system log for an out of range exception:

#0 /var/www/html/105119/init.php(893) : eval()'d code(22): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load(NULL)
#1 [internal function]: IPS\forums\nehidecontent_hook_neapp_hidecontent_forums_topic->comments(1, 0)
#2 /var/www/html/105119/init.php(893) : eval()'d code(23): call_user_func_array('parent::comment...', Array)
#3 /var/www/html/105119/system/Theme/Theme.php(860) : eval()'d code(5736): IPS\forums\hook215->comments(1, 0)
#4 /var/www/html/105119/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_forums_front_forums->topicRow(Object(IPS\Helpers\Table\Content), Array, Array)
#5 /var/www/html/105119/system/Theme/Theme.php(860) : eval()'d code(1479): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('topicRow', Array)
#6 /var/www/html/105119/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_forums_front_forums->forumTable(Object(IPS\Helpers\Table\Content), Array, Array, NULL, true)
#7 /var/www/html/105119/system/Helpers/Table/Table.php(564): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('forumTable', Array)
#8 /var/www/html/105119/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/forums.php(406): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Table->__toString()
#9 /var/www/html/105119/init.php(893) : eval()'d code(19): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_forums->_forum(Object(IPS\forums\Forum))
#10 /var/www/html/105119/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/forums.php(38): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\topicfeed_hook_forums_module_forums->_forum(Object(IPS\forums\Forum))
#11 /var/www/html/105119/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_forums->manage()
#12 /var/www/html/105119/init.php(893) : eval()'d code(20): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#13 /var/www/html/105119/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\ignoretopics_hook_forumController->execute()
#14 /var/www/html/105119/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#15 {main}

Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 22.09.08.png

Edited by typography
8 minutes ago, typography said:

Anyone else receiving an error: "[[Template forums/front/forums/topicRow is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]"

Showing up in the forums.

Here is my system log for an out of range exception:

#0 /var/www/html/105119/init.php(893) : eval()'d code(22): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load(NULL)
#1 [internal function]: IPS\forums\nehidecontent_hook_neapp_hidecontent_forums_topic->comments(1, 0)
#2 /var/www/html/105119/init.php(893) : eval()'d code(23): call_user_func_array('parent::comment...', Array)
#3 /var/www/html/105119/system/Theme/Theme.php(860) : eval()'d code(5736): IPS\forums\hook215->comments(1, 0)
#4 /var/www/html/105119/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_forums_front_forums->topicRow(Object(IPS\Helpers\Table\Content), Array, Array)
#5 /var/www/html/105119/system/Theme/Theme.php(860) : eval()'d code(1479): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('topicRow', Array)
#6 /var/www/html/105119/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_forums_front_forums->forumTable(Object(IPS\Helpers\Table\Content), Array, Array, NULL, true)
#7 /var/www/html/105119/system/Helpers/Table/Table.php(564): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('forumTable', Array)
#8 /var/www/html/105119/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/forums.php(406): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Table->__toString()
#9 /var/www/html/105119/init.php(893) : eval()'d code(19): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_forums->_forum(Object(IPS\forums\Forum))
#10 /var/www/html/105119/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/forums.php(38): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\topicfeed_hook_forums_module_forums->_forum(Object(IPS\forums\Forum))
#11 /var/www/html/105119/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_forums->manage()
#12 /var/www/html/105119/init.php(893) : eval()'d code(20): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#13 /var/www/html/105119/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\ignoretopics_hook_forumController->execute()
#14 /var/www/html/105119/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#15 {main}

Screen Shot 2020-12-07 at 22.09.08.png

I got the same error couple of hours ago. I was forced to deactivate the app.

16 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

@IceCore  - I can't reproduce this yet. Can you answer the following questions for me please?

1. When you are viewing the topic, are you a 'guest' or are you logged in?
  2. On your 'Forum's tab, you are excluding some forums from being affected by the application. With regards to the topic you are viewing
    1. is it in one of those excluded forums?
    2. Is the forum, in which the topic is located, configured for normal discussion or is it a Q&A forum?
  3. You have Pages installed, which means that you could store comments for Pages records in a forum topic. Is the topic you are viewing associated with a Pages database for this purpose?

If you can send me a link to a topic then I can take a closer look too.

1. I'm logged in as Administrator

2.1. No

2.2. Q&A type
3. No

The topic is hidden from the guests and members, may be viewed by the staff only on staff members forum.

The topic started via API, and it includes 3 links that was sent by API by HTML formatting

The content of the topic:

<p>
	איך מתקינים וינדוס 10<br>
	<br>
	קישורים שתאהבו:<br>
	1. <a href="https://www.geektime.co.il/windows-10-installation-from-a-flash-drive/" rel="external">כך תתקינו חלונות 10 מה&#39;דיסק-און-קי&#39; שלכם [מדריך] | גיקטיים</a><br>
	2. <a href="https://www.geektime.co.il/how-to-install-windows-10-technical-preview-on-your-computer/" rel="external">כך תתקינו את Windows 10 כבר עכשיו על מחשבכם [מדריך] | גיקטיים</a>3. <a href="https://devhub.co.il/boards/search/" rel="">חיפוש בפורום</a><br>
	<br>
	נשלח על ידי <a href="https://t.me/xxxxxxx" rel="external">xxxxxxx</a> via Telegram.
</p>

Great information - I'll take a look at lunch time.

Again, great information - I've reproduced your issue using a Q&A forum, so can work on a fix for that one for v3.1.3

@typography@mark2012 - please review the last few posts and determine if the error message you are seeing matches up to IceCore's scenario. If it doesn't then please provide me with more detail on how to reproduce your issue.

1 hour ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Great information - I'll take a look at lunch time.

Again, great information - I've reproduced your issue using a Q&A forum, so can work on a fix for that one for v3.1.3

@typography@mark2012 - please review the last few posts and determine if the error message you are seeing matches up to IceCore's scenario. If it doesn't then please provide me with more detail on how to reproduce your issue.

Nathan the error occur immediatly after ihave installed the app. The setting i had was only to limit guests viewing the images/attachments. It happen in all forums/questions forums as well not having.

And this error i get : [Template forums/front/forums/topicRow is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

along with the error message mentioned by typography

18 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Show me ALL your settings.

Also...

Only restrict guest for view attachment/images
Hide emoticons : No
Hide Code: No
Hide Spilers No
Quotes : No
Apply to ALL forums
Exclude topics 0
Hide content in first post - disable
Allow search enginee to view hidden countent - No

The error occur when i was logged in as administrators, members or guests. I have tested on those three circumstances.

1 hour ago, mark2012 said:

along with the error message mentioned by typography

Can't reproduce so far. I'd like to see your error message, please - there is something in the one you say is exactly the same which I want to check on your side too.

Also, can you send me a link to a topic so that I can look at the actual content of it?

14 minutes ago, typography said:

And probably rather helpful to know, I do have the Mark Topic application active.

Yes, helpful but it's not that one that I am wondering about actually. This is of more interest in your error stack:

Do you have Adriano's "Ignore Topics" application installed? Or is it something else - if so, what is it?

And the final thing - disable whatever that is. Does the issue still occur?

21 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Yes, helpful but it's not that one that I am wondering about actually. This is of more interest in your error stack:

Do you have Adriano's "Ignore Topics" application installed? Or is it a something else - if so, what is it?

And the final thing - disable whatever that is. Does the issue still occur?

Yes, I do have Adriano's 'Ignore Topics app installed. I have disabled IGNORE TOPICS and activated your APP and no error is generated. 

Edited by typography
Just now, typography said:

I have disabled and activated yours and no error is generated

Thanks for that - just to confirm:

1. "Ignore Topics" enabled
  2. "(NE) Hide Content" enabled
  3. No settings applied in "(NE) Hide Content" (as per your provided screenshots)
  4. Result: the error you are seeing.

Is that correct?

@mark2012 - as you've said that you have the same error...do you have "Ignore Topics" also installed?

No typo - I am seeking to confirm when you can generate the error. Your last post there goes against this statement now:

I have disabled and activated yours and no error is generated. 

Are you now saying that you DO get an error when "Ignore Topics" is disabled?

OK - seen your edit now might confirm my suspicion.