(NE) Hide content

Hi, just bought this. I have one question. My settings is hide everything (Hide all content) to all. But if I do so, I was hoping for guest should be able to view the profile. But now if a guest click any member username he will be able to see the replie post from the members here in www.my-domain/profile/username that is hide in the forum. Do I need to hide the profile from the guests now, to make this to work? Are there any settings that I need to do to hide the replie posts here?

Hi,

I'm interested in using the plugin:

Basically I am looking for a well made and maintained plugin to hide images, i.e. embedded and attachment images, from guests leaving a note to sign-up.

As far as I can judge this plugin would help me to implement that, right?

Thanks,
Thomas

12 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

As far as I can judge this plugin would help me to implement that, right?

Thanks,
Thomas

Yup

On 4/28/2019 at 3:12 PM, tomwin said:

Hi, just bought this. I have one question. My settings is hide everything (Hide all content) to all. But if I do so, I was hoping for guest should be able to view the profile. But now if a guest click any member username he will be able to see the replie post from the members here in www.my-domain/profile/username that is hide in the forum. Do I need to hide the profile from the guests now, to make this to work? Are there any settings that I need to do to hide the replie posts here?

For clarification - are you referring to the content being displayed when viewing the 'Activity' tab on the profile? If so, I'll build something in to the plugin to handle that - in the meantime, modifying the permissions to view profiles would suffice.

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

And that error is?

Sorry, here the error :

UPDATE `forums_posts` forums_posts  SET `reportData`=false,`post`='
<p>
	xxxxx ,
</p>

<p>
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</p>

<p>
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</p>

<p>
xxxxxxx</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>

</p>
' WHERE pid=136747 
IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column 'reportData' in 'field list' (1054)
#0 /srv/users//apps//public/system/Db/Db.php(1150): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\Patterns\\...', Array)
#1 /srv/users//apps//public/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(520): IPS\_Db->update('`forums_posts` ...', '`reportData`=?,...', 'WHERE pid=?')
#2 [internal function]: IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
#3 /srv/users//apps//public/init.php(816) : eval()'d code(68): call_user_func_array('parent::save', Array)
#4 [internal function]: IPS\Patterns\rules_hook_ipsPatternsActiveRecord->save()
#5 /srv/users//apps//public/init.php(816) : eval()'d code(315): call_user_func_array('parent::save', Array)
#6 /srv/users//apps//public/applications/forums/sources/Topic/Post.php(339): IPS\rules_hook_ipsContent->save()
#7 /srv/users//apps//public/system/Content/Item.php(1050): IPS\forums\Topic\_Post->save()
#8 /srv/users//apps//public/applications/forums/sources/Topic/Topic.php(600): IPS\Content\_Item->processAfterEdit(Array)
#9 /srv/users//apps//public/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(528): IPS\forums\_Topic->processAfterEdit(Array)
#10 /srv/users//apps//public/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->edit()
#11 /srv/users//apps//public/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#12 /srv/users/serverpilot/apps//public/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(39): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#13 /srv/users//apps//public/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->execute()
#14 /srv/users//apps//public/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#15 {main}

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello @Nathan Explosion. I've just bought your plugin and it is great. However, I'm facing an issue.

My aim is to hide for guests all answers to every topic and  only this. In this goal, I'm going to the tab "Forums & Topics" (1) and select all forums. Then, in the tab "General Options", I activate "Merge multiple messages" option (2). Nothing happens. Guests still have access to answers.

For fixing this, in the tab "All content", I activate "Hide all content" (3). If answers are well hide, there are not merged in one simple message (4). Strangely, the option "Merge multiple messages" disappear when I hide all content.

So, my question is simple : how can I hide for guests all answers and merge the replacement content to display in one simple message instead one by hidden answer.

Thanks for you help.

exemple.png

Edited by Eathanor
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all - it's been quite a while since I have been on here but I am finding my way back in to the wild now. I've had some issues with my eyes which has severely impacted my ability to do pretty much anything screen related but we've got this under control over the last few months and I've recently been given the OK to get back to my proper day job (I work in IT) as long as I take proper rests instead of ignoring what my head is telling me it needs.

Just want to update on what I've got planned for this plugin - it has being converted to an application, which is currently being used live on my own site, and I'm hoping to release it very soon.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Update on IPS 4.5 version for you...

I've got the following at near-completion and/or being tested:

1. (NE) Hide Content
  2. (NE) HTML5 Audio/Video Player
  3. (NE) oembedServices Management

I'm now going to stop working on several at once, and concentrate specifically on them in the order above. Following the release of the first, I will move on to the next and so on. With a bit of luck (i.e. my day job doesn't get in the way) I am hoping to get (NE) Hide Content finished over the next few days with a submission to the MarketPlace early next week.

Note: all of the above have been converted from Plugins to Applications, and they each contain functionality which would now be under much closer scrutiny for MarketPlace release - as such, they need to be right so I am taking my time with them.

Once I've got those out of the way, I can move on to a few other items on my list.

I've completed my testing of the application and all is good. As this will be an upgrade of a plugin to an application, I now just need to perfect the upgrade routine. But as I have done this for a few plugins previously, without issues, it is pretty straightforward and I fully expect to upload this one to the MP tomorrow....then we await the approval process!!

Edited by Nathan Explosion

Right, coming back to potential new features:

On 6/12/2020 at 5:33 PM, Olmyster said:

So, my question is simple : how can I hide for guests all answers and merge the replacement content to display in one simple message instead one by hidden answer.

To be clear - 'Message' in the context of this application is the message displayed within a post when a replacement has been performed. In the case of 'Hide all content', there is only one message displayed within the post but in the case of something else being hidden (for example, links) then if there are more than one link in the post then turning on the 'Merge multiple messages' feature will display only one message, instead of several of them within the post (ie one for each link)

I think what you are asking for here is the ability to limit the number of replies to a topic - am I correct?