(NE) Hide content

Confirmed via PM - it's an uploaded image, which is handled via the attachments settings (it's an attachment) and not via the images settings (that is for 'Linked images' as indicated in the setting)

Anyway....as mentioned, I have spotted an issue in the attachments handling as there appears to have been a change somewhere along the line with how IPS now add uploaded images in to the HTML for handling via the lightbox. It's no longer an image wrapped in an <a> element, it's now explicitly just an image.

Update will be ready later.

Edited by Nathan Explosion
  • 2 weeks later...

What's new in 2.3.0

• functionality has been extended to the database records in Pages, allowing the hiding of content with the record itself and comments added to that record.

What's fixed in 2.3.0

• changes made to better handle hiding of images, both remotely linked and uploaded as attachments.

If anyone has any issues with this then please do not contact me via PM unless requested - use this support topic to report issues.

links are visible in All Activity (*/discover/ url) section os IPS Community, but are locked in topic view - by design ?

1 hour ago, Nathan Explosion said:

allowing the hiding of content with the record itself and comments added to that record

any chance to include comments but exclude records content (articles in database) ? fine solution for articles that has linked topics in forums (topics stores comments for article) - both sections will have blocked links.

The plugin hides content when viewing topics and database records only.

5 minutes ago, Qubabos said:

any chance to include comments but exclude records content (articles in database) ? fine solution for articles that has linked topics in forums (topics stores comments for article) - both sections will have blocked links.

Maybe...taking a little break from this plugin for a few days to work on other items, so will revisit that then.

On 12/12/2018 at 7:08 PM, Qubabos said:

Just to clarify this request - you want to be able to hide content in the comments on a database record, but not in the main database record itself?

Hi

Just purchased the plugin and I can't figure out where to find the settings! In the plugins page I see an "edit" icon and when I click on that a dialog appears with  "Something went wrong. Please try again.". Can you point me in the right direction? 

Using Invision Community v4.3.6 and plugin version 2.3.1.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What's new in v2.3.2

• addition of new setting to force quoted images to be converted to links (see here for background information)
  • Pages databases functionality now allows control over Records and Comments separately
    • Want to hide content in database records, but not in comments made on that record?
    • Want to hide content in comments in some databases, but not on any of the records?
    • What to hide content in all records and comments?

Support requirements for issues with the above:

Images in quotes: I will need to be able to view the content to take a closer look at the linked image to see if there is something different about the html code

Pages: will need to see a screenshot of your settings for 'Pages databases' and will need a link to page with the relevant content being shown.

Thanks for this plugin and the updates. I would like to suggest a feature where for forum posts, instead of showing replacement text for every reply, only the original post is shown and underneath it the message requesting the user to log in. Some topics can have many pages of replies and that would be a good improvement.

24 minutes ago, Qubabos said:

leaving content untouched and hide only in comments doesnt work in pages database. 

Works fine for me:

image.thumb.png.b9462c1aca032ba0f025dea3585a2662.png

So as already stated.......

Support requirements for issues with the above:

Images in quotes: I will need to be able to view the content to take a closer look at the linked image to see if there is something different about the html code

Pages: will need to see a screenshot of your settings for 'Pages databases' and will need a link to page with the relevant content being shown.

56 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Pages: will need to see a screenshot of your settings for 'Pages databases'

2019-02-09_183827.thumb.png.b940d08bb97fe3faf3ea3e41016dcc31.png

56 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

and will need a link to page with the relevant content being shown.

hxxps://bit.ly/edited - I use forums posts as comments in pages articles. Maybe this is the issue here. I doesnt work at all for all hidden content - spoilers, code boxes and links. In forums topcis works fine.

Edited by Qubabos

That's a link to a forum topic, so can I have a link to a pages databaae please?

If, by any chance (you've not indicated this so it's a guess), you are using the functionality which posts comments on a record in the forum then you will need to handle that using the Forums and topics tab, with the pages side handled via the Pages database tab.