(NE) Hide content

Any chance of customizing how hidden content is displayed? I enjoy some of the sites that utilize the style of redacted content to give a sort of preview to guests and encourage them to sign in to view the unredacted content;  I believe the term for the technique(s) is either "Skeleton Loading" or "Placeholders"

I think this would give some extra UI points to the experience for guests vs just the single sentence of text. 

See demonstrations below from SwiftUI and React:

screen-shot-2020-10-06-at-6.44.59-pm.png?resize=333%2C667&ssl=1screen-shot-2020-10-06-at-6.47.35-pm.png?resize=333%2C667&ssl=1

View of quotes.Icons showing with placeholder text.

Cover image for Speed Up Your UX with Skeleton Loading ☠️

On 5/31/2022 at 12:40 PM, Nathan Explosion said:
  • Fixed issue where HTML content was included in the meta 'description' & 'og:description', resulting in it being printed as text at the top of the page.

This is still happening to me after the latest update when I have the first post hidden

Could contain: Text, Face

I reckon there is something else hooking in that results in a failure in a check I added - should have taken into account possibility of this, so modifying the check.

If you have FTP access to your site, download the following file and send it to me via PM and I'll patch it for you.

applications\nehidecontent\sources\ProcessStuff.php

Edited by Nathan Explosion
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm here to report a bug.

I had version 3.2 of the plugin, it had problems but it hid the images and attachments that the forum had.

Update to the current version and it presents these errors:

1. The images became public and are only hidden when you mark "Also hide emoticons/emojis", they are hidden and a message is displayed but with a link that when clicked the image is displayed.

2. In the configuration of miscellaneous Check the option when clicking on the image a login window is shown, but nothing is shown and only the image is seen.

Please this is urgent, the content is being viewed by everyone and I had to close the forum until it is resolved.

No need on the above (but please provide them next time you are reporting an issue) as I've reproduced the following:

19 hours ago, MataVirgenes said:

The images became public and are only hidden when you mark "Also hide emoticons/emojis", they are hidden and a message is displayed but with a link that when clicked the image is displayed.

I have not reproduced the following though - mainly because it doesn't clearly make sense ("Nothing is shown" but "image is seen") and possibly because what you are trying to describe may be related to the previous issue:

19 hours ago, MataVirgenes said:

In the configuration of miscellaneous Check the option when clicking on the image a login window is shown, but nothing is shown and only the image is seen.

Anyway, v4.0.3 will be released shortly - if you have FTP access to your site, I can provide a patched file.

Edited by Nathan Explosion
  • 1 month later...

Here's the listing directly on here:

https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/8395-ne-hide-content/View the 'Compatabilty' field.

Want to know when the compatibility was added?

Try checking ALL the change log information (there are prior ones - here's the specific one you need)

https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/8395-ne-hide-content/?changelog=26308Want to see the compatibility information in the ACP? Go ask IPS to add it in:

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/forum/499-feature-suggestions/

Are you having an actual issue with the app's functionality when installed on IPS 4.7? If so, please provide details.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...