(NE) Hide content

v3.2.1 has been submitted for approval

• Fixes
    • Fixed PHP 8 related issue
    • Fixed issue where images, which had an alignment action applied to them at any time, are not hidden if configured.
  • Changes
    • None
  • New
    • None

Still need to get to this FE at some point: https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/434067-ne-hide-replies-from-guests/?do=findComment&comment=2869307

• 2 months later...
On 11/22/2021 at 9:31 AM, Nathan Explosion said:

The previous times I looked at your request, I decided against adding it in to this application and I don't envisage me changing my mind on it - if/when I am doing a new version, I will have a think about it.

I know you said no prevously but just want to keep it on the "wish list" for this app 😁  - A hide content posted by group setting. 

On 4/8/2022 at 1:48 PM, Nathan Explosion said:

Hiding links, based on group membership, is already a feature having been added in v2.0 several years ago.

I bought the plugin believing that I could choose which group I can hide the external links from in a specific forum what I mean is I would like to hide the links only to a specific forum example guest and members in the box forum that's what I mean

1 hour ago, Hostingunlock said:

I bought the plugin believing that I could choose which group I can hide the external links from in a specific forum what I mean is I would like to hide the links only to a specific forum example guest and members in the box forum that's what I mean

So use the 'Forums' tab functionality provided to include/exclude specific forums...

image.png.44c077bea0c3c34f716e9fe9ef43aab5.png

See, opening with that is a better way of reporting an issue...you asked about 'Links', I answered about 'Links' You then commented again stating 'Links' and I answered again. But your actual issue is with 'Videos'...

Provide full screenshots of the following settings tabs, please, and I will do some testing to see if anything has changed with IPS updates since that functionality was added:

• Main
  • Forums
  • Videos

Also provide a link to the post containing the video.

Edited by Nathan Explosion

When selecting the forums to hide the guests it works well but there is a specific forum in which I want to hide the external links to the registered member and to the guest when I select the external links to member and guest, the selected forum is also selected in the list it seems that some update to the previous versions does not let it work what is to hide the videos to the guests example you tube

Edited by Hostingunlock

Thanks - I'll take a closer look at this on Wednesday

A quick test on my own live site indicates it's caused by having the 'Spoilers' setting toggled on too - turn that (Spoilers) off for now, and the video should be hidden.

Will look further into it on Wednesday when back at my PC

On 4/17/2022 at 6:30 AM, Hostingunlock said:

I have the spoiler off and the ad is not hidden yet

Just taken a look at the post you previously provided - and something is hidden. As it only contained a video, then I assume that the workaround of turning off the spoiler check is indeed working for you?

I'll be getting back to this one over the next week - taking the opportunity to do a re-write of the code, and also remove some kludges that are no longer required.

On 1/20/2022 at 8:24 PM, Nathan Explosion said:

v3.2.1 has been submitted for approval

• Fixes
    • Fixed PHP 8 related issue
    • Fixed issue where images, which had an alignment action applied to them at any time, are not hidden if configured.
  • Changes
    • None
  • New
    • None

Still need to get to this FE at some point: https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/434067-ne-hide-replies-from-guests/?do=findComment&comment=2869307

Thx for the update! Now all works perfect.

8 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Acabo de echar un vistazo a la publicación que proporcionó anteriormente, y algo está oculto. Como solo contenía un video, supongo que la solución alternativa de desactivar la verificación de spoilers realmente funciona para usted.

Volveré a este durante la próxima semana, aprovechando la oportunidad para volver a escribir el código y también eliminar algunos errores que ya no son necesarios.

if hidden thanks for answering it was a mistake on my part

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a way to manage the application's usergroup permission? Nothing happens when I drop down the arrow under apps. 

Could contain: White Board, Text

I was thiking of shutting off to certain usergroups to try and achieve what I want to do and hide content created by only some usergroups. Is this possible to shut the app off to certain usergroups in this manner via overall app permission?

1 minute ago, AlexWebsites said:

Is there a way to manage the application's usergroup permission? Nothing happens when I drop down the arrow under apps. 

Could contain: White Board, Text

I was thiking of shutting off to certain usergroups to try and achieve what I want to do and hide content created by only some usergroups. Is this possible to shut the app off to certain usergroups in this manner via overall app permission?

That only works if the app has a public module, which doesn’t seem to be the case here.

10 minutes ago, AlexWebsites said:

Is there a way to manage the application's usergroup permission?

The app's settings contain the groups from whom items are hidden - each item that can be hidden based on the viewer's group membership.

If you are trying to achieve the item you repeatedly have asked for, this app doesn't currently do it for you.

Will it in the future? Maybe/maybe not - this is the last comment I made about it, and it still stands.

• 2 weeks later...

v4.0.1 is currently pending approval

This is a big rewrite of the application - since it began life in November 2016 as my first attempt at a plugin, it has turned into a bit of a beast. And this beast needed taming to change how the content was inspected, to simplify adding in additional items to be hidden should it need to be done and also to remove some kludges that were in place to achieve certain things requested over the years.

v4.0.1 also includes the following:

NEW

• added ability for audio attachments to be hidden
  • added ability to hide content in Pages database reviews (was already possible with comments)
  • added ability to limit number of Pages database reviews shown when using the 'Hide all content' functionality (was already possible with comments)
  • added ability to hide content in Calendar events/comments/reviews
  • added ability to limit number of Calendar event reviews & comments shown when using the 'Hide all content' functionality
  • content loaded via inline notifications is now processed, and content hidden as configured (see https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/434067-ne-hide-replies-from-guests/?do=findComment&comment=2869307)
  • added ability to suppress the inline 'New replies' notification in topics (if hiding all content & limiting number of replies displayed)
  • added ability to enclose 'Hide all content' message in an "ipsMessage" box

CHANGES

• settings controller name changed to provide uniqueness (note: if administrator restriction has previously been used to restrict access to settings, please revisit to apply restriction again)
  • some minor language string updates
  • removed several redundant language strings

FIXES

• fixed issue with 'Spoiler' account settings impacting ability to hide videos if both spoilers & videos are chosen to be hidden in the content.