(NE) Hide content

About This File

• Plugin which allows administrators to control the display of topic replies to guest viewers, showing a custom editable message to guests.
  • Guests must register & sign-in to be able to view the replies.
  • Can be set on all or specific forums.
  • Topic exceptions can be made using a comma-separated listing of the topic IDs which will not be affected.
  • Developed & tested on IPS 4.1.6.1, and actively being tested on 4.1.7 Beta

• 2 months later...

I will gladly pay 4x what you're asking if you can figure out a way to make this hide inserted images from guest and members. IPB is missing a HUGE feature for forums that work off of paid memberships. Currently, there is no way to prevent guest from seeing images that have been uploaded as attachments and then inserted into posts

Edited by ProSkill
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/2/2017 at 3:55 PM, Nathan Explosion said:

No - maybe at a later stage (you are first person to request it) 

I'll second this. I just noticed something where pages (articles) that are configured to also post in the forum and have  topic replies as comments and vice versa, just show 0 comments when you look at the article page. Would be good to disallow to hide if possible for pages app. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The plugin is now called '(NE) Hide post content from guests', and version 2.0 is now available with quite a few additional features - check it out:

Many thanks to @AlexWebsites for assistance over the past few weeks as development of these new features has been completed and tested out.

Edited by Nathan Explosion
  • 1 month later...

I dont need any refund, maybe we can sort this out in a later time :) I noticed that internal images that are to big to fit the post in topic view have links to bigger, original size. After hide only links those images disappear from post with http 404 and "FileStorage" string in source post. And this happen for logged users, guests still see hidden message. Try yourself in this scenario. Hide only links, attach some big dimensions images to post and reload topic view.

56 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Just for the record here - I am offering assistance if you need it

of course, I know - thank you :) 

Edited by Qubabos
26 minutes ago, Qubabos said:

I dont need any refund, maybe we can sort this out in a later time :) I noticed that internal images that are to big to fit the post in topic view have links to bigger, original size. After hide only links those images disappear from post with http 404 and "FileStorage" string in source post. And this happen for logged users, guests still see hidden message. Try yourself in this scenario. Hide only links, attach some big dimensions images to post and reload topic view.

I can't reproduce - hence why I requested what I did. If you wish to investigate at a later point, send me the requested details so I can take a closer look.

Update: may have reproduced what I think you are explaining. I'll fix what I've spotted and release an update in a couple of days....likely to include that other item you asked for via PM too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

v2.1.0 has been released - what's new?

• modified the 'Apply to forum(s)' setting functionality
    • original behaviour: admin chose which forums would be affected by the plugin ('All forums' or select forums from list - therefore inclusive)
    • new behaviour: An include or exclude option is now available. 'Include' is the default, and behaves as above. 'Exclude', when choosing, will allow an admin to select which forums won't be affected by the plugin.
    • this feature will be useful to those who have a large number of forums and want to apply the plugin to a large percentage of those forums.
      • Example: 100 forums total, but apply plugin to 97 of those. So instead of selecting the 97 forums to include, it's easier/quicker to just select the 3 forums to exclude.
  • added ability to hide content from member groups, instead of just guests.
    • Please review your replacement content to ensure that it is relevant to this new functionality. For example - the default value for this used to indicate "You must be signed in.....", which will no longer be correct if you use the member group functionality.
  • fixed issue with non-image attachments not being affected by the 'Hide attachments' functionality.
  • name change to '(NE) Hide post content'

Planned for next 'non-bug fix' version:

• Modifying the settings page to provide translatable functionality for the replacement content shown to users

Thank you for doing this. Expending the plugin to be used with other user groups opens its possibilities a great deal; particularly when thinking of different membership levels.

I tested it (albeit very quickly) and it works really well. :thumbsup:

PS, not to mention the possibility of excluding subforums. I wish IPS did exactly the same you did for the streams content.

Edited by PPlanet
  • 2 months later...

What's new in 2.2

• Settings have been modified to allow the 'Replacement content to display' fields to be translated (please review plugin settings after upgrade to populate the fields with required information - old values will continue to work until plugin settings have been updated)

Support for IPS Community Suite 4.3:

• this plugin has not been tested on IPS 4.3 as of yet, and will be tested during the beta phase of IPS 4.3
  • if you decide to upgrade your live site to IPS 4.3 during the beta phase, then please do not expect support for this plugin if there are any issues.
  • if any updates are required for this plugin then they will be released as IPS 4.3 approaches later betas, and is closer to final release.
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What's fixed in 2.2.3

• further enhancement to previous fix: fixed a DOM parsing issue that resulted in emojis being presented in their ASCII format, causing a display issue if Twitter style or EmojiOne style emojis were being used.

What's new in 2.2.2

• emojis can now be hidden using the modified 'Also hide emoticons' setting on the Images tab (now titled 'Also hide emoticons/emojis')
Update for 2.2.3