Custom acceptance email to new Members

Allen Bradford

I have my registration set so I/Admin need to authorize newly registered Members after I review the registration info. I understand those newly registered Members receive an email stating their registration is waiting to be authorized.

Question 1: Once I authorize new Members, do they get another email stating they have been authorized to participate on the Forums?

Question 2: If they do get that second email is there any way I can customize the content, like "Welcome, please review Board Guidelines etc., etc., etc.?

I'll try again.

I am wondering if there is a native Admin function in IPS4 to customize the auto email (if that even exists) that is sent to newly authorized Members. I haven't been able to find it.

Actually I'd also like to know if and how to customize the native IPS4 auto email sent when a person registers telling them they need to be authorized.

{$email->language->addToStack("email_reg_complete", FALSE, array( 'sprintf' => array( \IPS\Settings::i()->board_name ) ) )}

That means "Add the email_reg_complete language string to the email" - go in to Languages -> Translate and search for email_reg_complete and that it was gets placed in the email.

You can create your own language string and add it in, or you can edit the language string itself. Or you can actually just type directly in to the email template itself.....the top field is HTML so just go ahead and add something in a <p></p> and your're done. With the plain text field, you just type in what you want to add.

Archived