Application Forms - Supporttopic

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/6/2018 at 2:41 AM, Edward Collins Jr. said:

@Fosters, is there a way to turn off notifications via Mod CP? All of our administration members are getting notifications and we don't want everyone to get notifications! 

Thanks!

With "everyone" do you really mean everyone? Only moderators with permissions to manage the application submissions should get them

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/13/2018 at 12:02 AM, Edward Collins Jr. said:

Apologies! We were able to fix the issue. It's because all moderation members who were sorted under the moderation mask were getting notifications on the application submissions. 

Could you please clarify this? The way how you describe it, it sounds like a bug, but I can't reproduce it. So when member X submitted the submission, he got a notification about his own submission?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/21/2019 at 12:48 PM, Fosters said:

It’s not compatible yet, but if you take a look at our profile, you’ll see that we’ve started releasing the 4.4 versions 😀. This is a huge app and needs some further testing,  but I’m expecting that it’s ready by end of the week 

Thank you for your response.

Edited by Kyle F
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi There... I just installed this recently and so far it works as advertised, as a shed load easier that using page templates to create application forms like I was...

But I have noticed a few things... In the Mod CP where someone can Approve or Deny, I've noticed when clicking approve, I get a popup stating that it is already approved do you want to continue. This is the same for Deny, but it states they are already denied.

image.png.f0bd79a8b6daa1be1bc67a954e665e9a.png

Another thing is I was wondering if you can remove the Approve button if it is already approved and the deny button if it is denied. See this example where it is approved but the approve button is still available... This can cause someone to be "approved" by multiple people, filling up the topic the application creates.

image.thumb.png.0cacded79fc6fb592feae6939b11bd47.png

There is also the way it keeps the record in the AdminCP... each user that applies, has a separate page. As seen in the image below, there are 5 pages (five applicants.)

image.thumb.png.2c70b57df65f239fd16b1eae83231295.png

And this is an example of the record database for the previous method I was using for applications, It's a bit hard to find a particular applicant but its a quick click on each, the way your app stores the records, you need to go through multiple pages. So if you could store all records on the one sheet, with the Applicants name, it would be awesome!

image.thumb.png.b95b2069c3305448cd3938e3214484d5.png

And I think this is the last thing I had.. I created a Form that essentially created a post in a set way (something it stated on the box - nice) but for this particular form, I'm not concerned about "Approving" the form/application, just happy for it to make the topic... so I tried having no groups on the manage permission, hoping it wouldn't ask for approval or notifications... but it still shows both. (Or would this be because I'm the super admin?)

image.thumb.png.4e6da1d9d9fdbe69c91e643269cc58a1.pngimage.thumb.png.af1b078072123f6047c8c6aee795a34c.png 

image.thumb.png.485b0d06218e1a62b926bd6846855980.png

Could we have an option where if there is a form application that doesn't need Approving, then it can just be "Auto-Approved"?

Oh, One last thing. I have multiple application forms post topics to a single location, but in that location it has a button Called "New Application" This is a nice feature, but only allows the first application form hooked to that forum to open when clicking it. Could it be so that if there are multiple application forms on the one forum, when you click it you get a selection drop down so you can select which application

Wait, another one... In the fields, can wee  have a field where we as the creator adds text. You have the instructions text, but I wanted to add another text section after some user input fields, but I could not find a field that we can enter text to, but to the submitter of the form, it is essentially read only for them. For example section titles for different  sections of questions.

Another thing I noticed, that if I wanted to use a redirect link, I had to first add the application forms block from the block manager (or setup topic/post for the application to a specific forum) and get the link to the actual form from there. Is there any way to obtain this link when setting up the form... e.g. in the edit page after the first save, it shows the link to the application form somewhere? Maybe under the forum name field?

I promise that's all...

Thanks for the App and your consideration of these bugs/feature requests.

Cheers

Azza

23 hours ago, SerialNoob said:

@Azza276 you're awesome... It would be awesome to have all these implemented!

Thanks 🙂

4 hours ago, Fosters said:

Amazing feedback!

Cheers. I'm want to thankyou for the App as it is already, it's made managing the members so much easier.

I'm glad I have been able to help. Let me know if there is anything else I can do, or provide if it helps.

Pagination issue fixed (stupid testing 🙈 )

I've also implemented the first part from @Azza276, will need to make some further minds and planing about

Could we have an option where if there is a form application that doesn't need Approving, then it can just be "Auto-Approved"?

Oh, One last thing. I have multiple application forms post topics to a single location, but in that location it has a button Called "New Application" This is a nice feature, but only allows the first application form hooked to that forum to open when clicking it. Could it be so that if there are multiple application forms on the one forum, when you click it you get a selection drop down so you can select which application

Wait, another one... In the fields, can wee  have a field where we as the creator adds text. You have the instructions text, but I wanted to add another text section after some user input fields, but I could not find a field that we can enter text to, but to the submitter of the form, it is essentially read only for them. For example section titles for different  sections of questions.

Another thing I noticed, that if I wanted to use a redirect link, I had to first add the application forms block from the block manager (or setup topic/post for the application to a specific forum) and get the link to the actual form from there. Is there any way to obtain this link when setting up the form... e.g. in the edit page after the first save, it shows the link to the application form somewhere? Maybe under the forum name field?

I promise that's all...

Thanks for the App and your consideration of these bugs/feature requests.

Hello @Fosters!
I love this app and all the updates you have provided, and it works just the way i need it to!

Although i do have a quick question for you:

Am I able to edit the text for the error message received when a guest tries to apply? I'd like to reword it to encourage them to register/apply.

I looked in the globaltemplate etc and i was unsuccessful in my search.

Thanks for your time!

-Tim

• 3 weeks later...

@Fosters i have a weird issue with the form. I have made two forms as a test the first one shows up where i want it, the second i make does not show up. In the AdminCP i switch the order of how they view and both show up. But after x time only one show up and its the one that is sorted atop of the order. What ever you try after it happens you can only access that form and not the other one.

What i really hoped for was that you got a menu item and pull down menu so you can access the forms like that.