Application Forms - Supporttopic

So I used this app on my last site, and I love it. However, when I installed it this time, it appears that the tab at the top of the page has disappeared from this version? The only way I can find to access the application is through the widget. If that's how it has to be, I suppose that's fine. But I kind of liked it the way it was before.

Additionally, if there is a way to have the option to expand the description box to a text field for longer descriptions, and have the description under the form title instead of below the box, I feel like that would be slightly more beneficial for the purpose I'm trying to use it for. Though if it's not I can just continue to PM them the longer interview questions.

You have to place it to the menu via the menu manager https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/global-settings/setting-up-your-menu-r27/

54 minutes ago, Lilythe said:

dditionally, if there is a way to have the option to expand the description box to a text field for longer descriptions, and have the description under the form title instead of below the box, I feel like that would be slightly more beneficial for the purpose I'm trying to use it for.

That's a great idea

Thank you so much! 

Glad you liked my idea. I generally have a very long application process for my admin applications (to make sure that we're all on the same page, I generally detail a tough administrative situation and see how they would respond, etc.) so it would definitely be useful for me to have it that way. Other than that I absolutely love your app. It's the most user friendly app system I've seen on here. So thank you for your hard work!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm having an issue when a new user submits an application:

Error: Call to a member function item() on null (0)
#0 [internal function]: IPS\Theme\email_html_applicationform_notification_submission(Object(IPS\applicationform\Position\Data), Object(IPS\Email\Outgoing\SendGrid))
#1 /home/cnmg09x66icu/public_html/ac3s.us/system/Email/Email.php(683): call_user_func_array('IPS\\Theme\\email...', Array)
#2 /home/cnmg09x66icu/public_html/ac3s.us/system/Email/Email.php(266): IPS\_Email::template('applicationform', 'notification_su...', 'html', Array)
#3 /home/cnmg09x66icu/public_html/ac3s.us/system/Email/Outgoing/SendGrid.php(145): IPS\_Email->compileContent('html', false, Object(IPS\Lang))
#4 /home/cnmg09x66icu/public_html/ac3s.us/system/Notification/Notification.php(507): IPS\Email\Outgoing\_SendGrid->mergeAndSend(Array, NULL, NULL, Array, Object(IPS\Lang))
#5 /home/cnmg09x66icu/public_html/ac3s.us/system/Notification/Notification.php(488): IPS\_Notification->sendEmails(Array, Array)
#6 /home/cnmg09x66icu/public_html/ac3s.us/applications/applicationform/sources/Helper/Notification.php(62): IPS\_Notification->send()
#7 /home/cnmg09x66icu/public_html/ac3s.us/applications/applicationform/sources/Position/Position.php(425): IPS\applicationform\Helper\_Notification::sendNotificationForSubmission(Object(IPS\applicationform\Position\Data))
#8 /home/cnmg09x66icu/public_html/ac3s.us/applications/applicationform/modules/front/applications/form.php(54): IPS\applicationform\_Position->handleForm(Array)
#9 /home/cnmg09x66icu/public_html/ac3s.us/applications/applicationform/modules/front/applications/form.php(29): IPS\applicationform\modules\front\applications\_form->_showForm()
#10 /home/cnmg09x66icu/public_html/ac3s.us/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\applicationform\modules\front\applications\_form->manage()
#11 /home/cnmg09x66icu/public_html/ac3s.us/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#12 /home/cnmg09x66icu/public_html/ac3s.us/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#13 {main}

Any ideas? 

On 6/14/2018 at 12:25 AM, Lilythe said:

So I used this app on my last site, and I love it. However, when I installed it this time, it appears that the tab at the top of the page has disappeared from this version? The only way I can find to access the application is through the widget. If that's how it has to be, I suppose that's fine. But I kind of liked it the way it was before.

Additionally, if there is a way to have the option to expand the description box to a text field for longer descriptions, and have the description under the form title instead of below the box, I feel like that would be slightly more beneficial for the purpose I'm trying to use it for. Though if it's not I can just continue to PM them the longer interview questions.

Hi @Lilythe You might need to re-add Application Forms to the menu.  Simply go to your Menu Manager and add in either Application Forms or a specific form.  

For your second point, I'm confused.  The description box is a normal Editor, and you can type anything you want including multiple paragraphs.  The description is also  under the form title.  Can you attach a screenshot for us to investigate?  

FostersJ

On 6/23/2018 at 6:09 AM, Ramsesx said:

Interesting application, so far as I have seen in the screenshots it can work similar like having custom form fields, where the user fills out and it then shows formatted (to my linking) inside the posting?

Yes, you can add as many custom form fields as you want.  You add a new field of any type you want: address, date, editor, text, multiple choice, radio.  

1099001561_ApplicationFormfieldtypes.thumb.jpg.4ac254da0f254e380ecd7d93cc9b8a79.jpg

There's customization of the topic title, automatic poll, and automatic post when the form gets approved.  There's no customization of the topic post itself though.  

FostersJ

Edited by Fosters
On 6/25/2018 at 10:47 PM, JohnCourt said:

Hello Fosters, can forms be used to create articles? I would like to use forms for tools and machinery reviews. A structured review, when submitted will create an article with image and fields.

Thanks

It can.  You could create a new application form called "Tools & Machinery Reviews," and in the form define some custom fields.  Here are some ideas for you:  

• Address - for the place and location of business
  • Number - if you have any measurements or metrics
  • Editor - main review
  • Upload - where users could upload spec sheets or other files
  • URL - link to the business
  • Yes / No - if the business is recommended

It's ultimately up to you how you want to craft and design Application Forms.  You start with a blank slate, and can add as many or as few custom fields as you want.  They'll be outputted into a topic, which you can then promote into an IP.Pages Article or put into a feed for your homepage.  Hope that helps!

FostersJ

1 hour ago, BrendanTA said:

I'm having an issue when a new user submits an application:

Error: Call to a member function item() on null (0)
#0 [internal function]: IPS\Theme\email_html_applicationform_notification_submission(Object(IPS\applicationform\Position\Data), Object(IPS\Email\Outgoing\SendGrid))
#1 /home/cnmg09x66icu/public_html/ac3s.us/system/Email/Email.php(683): call_user_func_array('IPS\\Theme\\email...', Array)
#2 /home/cnmg09x66icu/public_html/ac3s.us/system/Email/Email.php(266): IPS\_Email::template('applicationform', 'notification_su...', 'html', Array)
#3 /home/cnmg09x66icu/public_html/ac3s.us/system/Email/Outgoing/SendGrid.php(145): IPS\_Email->compileContent('html', false, Object(IPS\Lang))
#4 /home/cnmg09x66icu/public_html/ac3s.us/system/Notification/Notification.php(507): IPS\Email\Outgoing\_SendGrid->mergeAndSend(Array, NULL, NULL, Array, Object(IPS\Lang))
#5 /home/cnmg09x66icu/public_html/ac3s.us/system/Notification/Notification.php(488): IPS\_Notification->sendEmails(Array, Array)
#6 /home/cnmg09x66icu/public_html/ac3s.us/applications/applicationform/sources/Helper/Notification.php(62): IPS\_Notification->send()
#7 /home/cnmg09x66icu/public_html/ac3s.us/applications/applicationform/sources/Position/Position.php(425): IPS\applicationform\Helper\_Notification::sendNotificationForSubmission(Object(IPS\applicationform\Position\Data))
#8 /home/cnmg09x66icu/public_html/ac3s.us/applications/applicationform/modules/front/applications/form.php(54): IPS\applicationform\_Position->handleForm(Array)
#9 /home/cnmg09x66icu/public_html/ac3s.us/applications/applicationform/modules/front/applications/form.php(29): IPS\applicationform\modules\front\applications\_form->_showForm()
#10 /home/cnmg09x66icu/public_html/ac3s.us/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\applicationform\modules\front\applications\_form->manage()
#11 /home/cnmg09x66icu/public_html/ac3s.us/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#12 /home/cnmg09x66icu/public_html/ac3s.us/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#13 {main}

Any ideas? 

I'll need to investigate in further detail later today, but there seems to be an issue with Email.  

Go to ACP > System > Email Settings.  In top right corner, click on Test Settings button to send yourself a test email.  Also check your Email Error Logs.  

FostersJ

2 hours ago, Fosters said:

It can.  You could create a new application form called "Tools & Machinery Reviews," and in the form define some custom fields.  Here are some ideas for you:  

• Address - for the place and location of business
  • Number - if you have any measurements or metrics
  • Editor - main review
  • Upload - where users could upload spec sheets or other files
  • URL - link to the business
  • Yes / No - if the business is recommended

It's ultimately up to you how you want to craft and design Application Forms.  You start with a blank slate, and can add as many or as few custom fields as you want.  They'll be outputted into a topic, which you can then promote into an IP.Pages Article or put into a feed for your homepage.  Hope that helps!

FostersJ

I'll need to investigate in further detail later today, but there seems to be an issue with Email.  

Go to ACP > System > Email Settings.  In top right corner, click on Test Settings button to send yourself a test email.  Also check your Email Error Logs.  

FostersJ

I checked my email settings and there is no error logs for emails and all of my emails have been delivered from what I can tell, I swapped between sendgrid and php method of email sending and the error still persists just a little bit different between the two.

7 hours ago, Fosters said:

Thanks, this is indeed a valid bug. I'll see if we can release a bugfix release later today to fix this. Until then please just disable the notification email 

Do you mean disable the notification email for just the applications? If so how or do you mean disable all email notifications?

23 hours ago, BrendanTA said:

Do you mean disable the notification email for just the applications? If so how or do you mean disable all email notifications?

If anyone is having the same problem as me just go to the Notifications section in the Admin CP as shown below

QiMXBDk.png

Then once you've clicked on Notifications, scroll all the way down to the bottom and make your notification settings look like this for the application forms:

sw2gdy3.png

Then click Save and you should see applications start to go through again. NOTE: This is just meant as a temporary workaround until the Developer can get out a fix.

Thanks,
Brendan

On 7/9/2018 at 4:12 PM, Fosters said:

Hi @Lilythe You might need to re-add Application Forms to the menu.  Simply go to your Menu Manager and add in either Application Forms or a specific form.  

For your second point, I'm confused.  The description box is a normal Editor, and you can type anything you want including multiple paragraphs.  The description is also  under the form title.  Can you attach a screenshot for us to investigate?  

FostersJ

@Fosters You'd already responded to me so I got the tab fixed forever ago xD , and as for the second part you had said

On 6/13/2018 at 11:19 PM, Fosters said:

That's a great idea

so I thought you had understood xD but I'll elaborate :3

Basically I was just thinking of having the description box be the larger text editor like this, because mine looks like: 

Sizeofbox.png

And instead I was wondering if we could make it like:

Texteditor.png

So that people could see what they wrote to fix it for larger prompts. I was also wondering if, there could be an option where instead of the description being underneath the question, being on top. 

Positioning.png

Because, basically, one of the types of questions I have is that I show them a poorly written prompt, and ask them to correct it to, essentially, measure their ability to provide constructive criticism, since my board is a roleplaying board and often we need to give constructive criticism on character applications, etc. And if the prompt is below the text box it might be confusing for them.

I hope that clears up what I'd meant :3

My friend also owns this plugin but doesn't answer my questions, so I'll ask them here before buying: 

Does this plugin come with an option to add Approvals to the topic that is submitted via the application system?

When applications are approved on another forum, it posts something like "Username" approved this submission or something, can I change it to an "Approved" picture instead? Same with Denied? If so, how would I do this?

33 minutes ago, Brian Rooney said:

My friend also owns this plugin but doesn't answer my questions, so I'll ask them here before buying: 

Does this plugin come with an option to add Approvals to the topic that is submitted via the application system?

When applications are approved on another forum, it posts something like "Username" approved this submission or something, can I change it to an "Approved" picture instead? Same with Denied? If so, how would I do this?

No, but rules application could be used for this.

4 hours ago, Lilythe said:

Basically I was just thinking of having the description box be the larger text editor like this, because mine looks like: 

Sure, just change it to Field Type "Editor".

2.Am I correct that you want to have the FIELD DESCRIPTION under the title and before the input field? Sorry, that's not possible in IPS.

BTW, this account is being used by up to 3 people, so sometimes the same question is being asked twice or sometimes sometimes we'll disagree with one of our own posts..:ph34r:?

Just now, Fosters said:

Sure, just change it to Field Type "Editor".

Oh, no, I meant on the app creation side so that I can use the editor when I create the description, not the application. I know how to do that.

2 minutes ago, Fosters said:

2.Am I correct that you want to have the FIELD DESCRIPTION under the title and before the input field? Sorry, that's not possible in IPS.

Really? That's unfortunate ? I was hoping it was just a matter of moving the coding placement >.< 

3 minutes ago, Fosters said:

BTW, this account is being used by up to 3 people, so sometimes the same question is being asked twice or sometimes sometimes we'll disagree with one of our own posts..:ph34r:?

xD Oh my! 

We'd like to thank @Wayne B for an amazing idea, which resulted in a brand-new app.

This application and Inactive Members are going to support a brand-new app, which is going to be shipped as free with application forms and inactive members (and it will also be released as separate app, but that shouldn't matter for all clients of application forms and inactive members )  .

This will allow people, to set up further rules, which will "remove the additional groups" which people got by the application or inactive members app ?

Huge KUDOS to @Wayne B ? !