Application Forms - Supporttopic

59863cbbde328_FostersFull.thumb.png.87750582836ef286ff817628e471b4d0.png

PRICING ALERT

This resource has a lot of potential, which we would like to tap into in the future. Unfortunately, due to the evolving nature of the product, the app demands a lot of support time and development work. For this reason, we have decided to change the pricing model with the next release.

This change won't affect current clients! The price will increase with Application Forms 2.0 and will affect only new clients!  Buy now, save later!

We at Fosters believe in transparency with our products, which is why we are announcing the Price Alert in advance.  

Edited by Fosters

UPDATE `applicationform_fields` applicationform_fields  SET `type`='Radio',`options`='["Yes","No"]',`multiple`=true,`required`=false,`search_type`='exact' WHERE id=24 
IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column 'search_type' in 'field list' (1054)
#0 /home/vtcrecruiter/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(990): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\Node\\_Mod...', Array)
#1 /home/vtcrecruiter/public_html/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(492): IPS\_Db->update('`applicationfor...', '`type`=?,`optio...', 'WHERE id=?')
#2 /home/vtcrecruiter/public_html/system/Node/Model.php(2183): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
#3 [internal function]: IPS\Node\_Model->save()
#4 /home/vtcrecruiter/public_html/init.php(447) : eval()'d code(882): call_user_func_array('parent::save', Array)
#5 /home/vtcrecruiter/public_html/system/Node/Model.php(2967): IPS\Node\collab_hook_ipsNodeModel->save()
#6 /home/vtcrecruiter/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(391): IPS\Node\_Model->saveForm(Array)
#7 /home/vtcrecruiter/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\Node\_Controller->form()
#8 /home/vtcrecruiter/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(62): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#9 /home/vtcrecruiter/public_html/applications/applicationform/modules/admin/forms/position.php(35): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#10 /home/vtcrecruiter/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\applicationform\modules\admin\forms\_position->execute()
#11 /home/vtcrecruiter/public_html/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#12 {main}

55 minutes ago, Logan Ferezy said:

UPDATE `applicationform_fields` applicationform_fields  SET `type`='Radio',`options`='["Yes","No"]',`multiple`=true,`required`=false,`search_type`='exact' WHERE id=24 
IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column 'search_type' in 'field list' (1054)
#0 /home/vtcrecruiter/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(990): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\Node\\_Mod...', Array)
#1 /home/vtcrecruiter/public_html/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(492): IPS\_Db->update('`applicationfor...', '`type`=?,`optio...', 'WHERE id=?')
#2 /home/vtcrecruiter/public_html/system/Node/Model.php(2183): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
#3 [internal function]: IPS\Node\_Model->save()
#4 /home/vtcrecruiter/public_html/init.php(447) : eval()'d code(882): call_user_func_array('parent::save', Array)
#5 /home/vtcrecruiter/public_html/system/Node/Model.php(2967): IPS\Node\collab_hook_ipsNodeModel->save()
#6 /home/vtcrecruiter/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(391): IPS\Node\_Model->saveForm(Array)
#7 /home/vtcrecruiter/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\Node\_Controller->form()
#8 /home/vtcrecruiter/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(62): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#9 /home/vtcrecruiter/public_html/applications/applicationform/modules/admin/forms/position.php(35): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#10 /home/vtcrecruiter/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\applicationform\modules\admin\forms\_position->execute()
#11 /home/vtcrecruiter/public_html/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#12 {main}

Hm, I wasn't able to reproduce this, but I've found another bug which will be fixed in the next release.
If you want to fix it now, please open file applications/applicationform/sources/Position/Field.php
Search for 

public function form(&$form)
    {
        parent::form( $form );
        unset( $form->elements['']['pf_search_type'] );
    }

replace it with

public function form(&$form)
    {
        parent::form( $form );

unset( $form->elements['']['pf_search_type'] );
        unset( $form->elements['']['pf_search_type_on_off'] );
    }

59863aa2e3560_FostersFull.thumb.png.7d61afe52e1581029ef6741d1507460a.png

SNEAK PREVIEW

As an early preview of Application Forms 2.0, I wanted to share teasers of new features in the brand new Application Forms.  The application is being refactored with many changes, including some highly-requested new features on the front-end!  

Check out these teasers and stay tuned for more news!  

cb82a74b098eee8365f282f68c20508b.gif

Create unique Application Forms with text, calendar dates, and list.  Once you submit, get a congratulation message to let you know you've Submitted!

1d32d755f72ab678d2e624805d293803.gif

Give power to your Moderators to manage application forms! With brand new abilities in ModCP, your moderators can read, approve, and deny submissions all on the front-end!  

As a last update (but no screenshot - sorry!), the data from Application Forms will be stored to the database.  This means that a forum topic topic won't be necessary, but can still be utilized for further team discussions and polling.

If you'd like to update, renew, or buy Application Forms before the new version comes out (and the prices goes up!), lock in your version today in the IPS Marketplace: 

Edited by Fosters

Is there any plans for an update on the block styling ? 

currently mine looks like a579c82f0375cdb93d790ea14cb1cf2f.png

Which does the job, however, it would be good to have some styling or for it to show minimised version of the open applications page itself with an image etc. 

just a thought for maybe in the future. 

Hi, 

I purchased a copy of your applications forms. 

I should note, I have a Community in the Cloud IPB package and all uploads are done through either "Applications" or "Plugins" on the Admin control panel. The former only accepts .tar files, the latter accepts only .xml files. I am unsure how to install this as I see no .tar file and a commenter on your marketplace posting suggested that this should be uploaded as an application but again I do not see a .tar file. 

I contacted support as I was told that they would upload files for us (since community in the cloud packages are not allowed access to FTP) and I was told that I would have to contact you:

Hello,

You would then need to contact the author of the application for assistance in this case, as the instructions you provided specifically refer to a tar file to be installed there.

Kind Regards,
Marc Stridgen

If you could help me install this I would be very grateful. 

Thank you for your time. 

1 hour ago, Vanucci said:

Is there any plans for an update on the block styling ? 

currently mine looks like a579c82f0375cdb93d790ea14cb1cf2f.png

Which does the job, however, it would be good to have some styling or for it to show minimised version of the open applications page itself with an image etc. 

just a thought for maybe in the future. 

Yes, 2.0 got a design overhaul ;)

The file which you get from https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/8394-application-forms/ is the tar file. This file needs to be uploaded via the ACP => Applications => Install

Fosters Crew is pleased to present the latest version of Application Forms v2.0.0 available immediately in the IPS Marketplace for purchase!  The updated version is 4.2 compatible, which means it's ready to be installed on all 4.2.x installations and betas.  

Buy now or upgrade your existing copy:

https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/8394-application-forms/

MAJOR UPDATE

Application Forms v2.0.0 is a major rewrite of the application, with refactored code and significantly new features.  Application Forms is one of the most popular applications in the IPS Marketplace, so we wanted to ensure we added the most popular and requested features.  This required us to refactor our code from scratch and ensure we had a stable codebase to develop on for the future.  We will continue to maintain and develop off the application's 2.x line, and we hope you will continue to be delighted with its ongoing development.  If you like our products, please give us a 5-star review in the IPS Marketplace so other users can discover our products too!  

Moderator Approval

As one of the biggest feature updates in 2.0.0, Moderators and staff members can approve application forms from the front-end!  Give new permissions to your Moderator groups and to specific Moderators in the ACP.  This will enable your moderators to manage, approve, and decline submissions in the ModCP.  

New permissions for ACP > Members > Moderators

5988f65803355_ModeratorPermissions.png.d96e4b7eebe8fd3787a56e5f9e861987.thumb.png.7e489894909e57e4711f8471bfb9f83b.png

ABOUT

Application Forms opens up a world of possibility for you and your community by designing, curating, and managing custom application forms.  Application forms can be designed from scratch with an infinite number of custom field types in over 20 different types, enabling you to fill any need you or your community might have.  Let your community submit their application for your position, proposal, project, or idea!  

5988f671ea756_AppPermissions.png.e8de6f2e440c2756defb28626fefee66.png

Whoop, thanks for this update, very excited for it. 

Edit 

4ba920d2284c959abac1a95865c9c2de.png

I uploaded " New Version" so i didnt uninstall and install from new. 

I edited some fields for already existing applications

redid the post to topic settings. 

Now when i go to applications page i get this error. 

Edited by Vanucci
21 minutes ago, Vanucci said:

Whoop, thanks for this update, very excited for it. 

Edit 

4ba920d2284c959abac1a95865c9c2de.png

I uploaded " New Version" so i didnt uninstall and install from new. 

I edited some fields for already existing applications

redid the post to topic settings. 

Now when i go to applications page i get this error. 

I'm sorry for this, please upgrade to the new version which should fix this.

37 minutes ago, Josiah Wallingford said:

Feature Request: Maybe this is already possible and I am just not figuring it out but could we have a block that allows us to choose exactly which application form to show instead of just all open applications? Maybe there is a break down of that already available but when I click to edit the block the dropdown does not show the content.

Screenshot at Aug 12 13-49-49.png

Sorry, that's not possible, but it's a great idea.I've posted it to ur suggestion tracker and make sure to include it into the next feature release.

Edited by Fosters

@ZatroX sorry for this. We planed to remove the ACP area and move everything to the frontend, but then we changed our plans and have forgotten to finish this.

8 hours ago, Josiah Wallingford said:

How do I set this up to allow specific members or roles approve the application? Right now only my moderators can do so. I don't want all of the roles that need to approve applications to also have full moderator access.

If this is not possible could you please add that functionality?

That's not possible yet and I'm not sure if I would really want to do this.
They don't need full mod access. You can give the members modpermissions to only handle the submissions and nothing else.

4 minutes ago, Josiah Wallingford said:

That is great! If they have permission to approve but do not have moderator access where do they approve the application?

You could remove all the permissions except the one to manage applications.
Click on "Uncheck All" to remove all and then give them only "Application Forms" perms.

599077f24e72c_Bildschirmfoto2017-08-13um18_01_33.thumb.png.1abbc2c5e07bcc51c73bf01743127e8b.png

Edited by Fosters

Error: Cannot use object of type IPS\applicationform\Position\Data as array (0)
#0 /home3/abarca/public_html/core/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(86): IPS\applicationform\modules\admin\forms\_position->approve()
#1 /home3/abarca/public_html/core/system/Node/Controller.php(63): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#2 /home3/abarca/public_html/core/applications/applicationform/modules/admin/forms/position.php(35): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#3 /home3/abarca/public_html/core/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\applicationform\modules\admin\forms\_position->execute()
#4 /home3/abarca/public_html/core/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#5 {main}

I get the following error when i try to approve a application... I'm running 2.0.1