Backup

Riksa

Are you self hosted or using a Cloud package ? :)

If you're using Cloud then backups are handled automatically. You'd need to contact Support via the Client Area if you wished to discuss / obtain a backup manually.

If you're self hosted, then you should be able to take a manual backup via CPanel or whatever webhosting control panel your host has provided.

I wrote this guide a few years ago for CPanel , you can find it here (note this guide is on a third party site), but I had the link to hand.

Although quite dated, the article is still relatively valid. If you are not able to find / login to your control panel (this is not the Admin Control Panel of your community) contact your host to ask them.

Thanks for the answer. Hehh I noticed that the service provider has upgraded cpanel and at the moment there does not exist a backup ?? Do I have the possibility to backup another way?

Should I be getting an additional service to a cloud service provider in the backup because I have a little bit unsure :)

4 hours ago, Riksa said:

Thanks for the answer. Hehh I noticed that the service provider has upgraded cpanel and at the moment there does not exist a backup ?? Do I have the possibility to backup another way?

Should I be getting an additional service to a cloud service provider in the backup because I have a little bit unsure :)

If you're self hosted (with a host of your choice) then you'd just need to ask them how you would perform a manual backup. Tell them as Rhett has said you want both the file system and the database.

I'm not sure why they have disabled manual backups though, seems a bit unusual to do that, this is something they will be able to tell you.

9 hours ago, Riksa said:

Most budget hosts will disable backups as it can be a resource item, to prevent you from using too many resources, they block/disable it. 

Archived