Setting up PayPal in IPS Commerce

HappySmoking

I've been trying to setup PayPal in our IPS Commerce application for a little over a week. It looks like PayPal has updated their website's pages and navigation so I spent a good number of emails back and forth with IPS support to get this working. Perhaps i was too dumb to figure it out on my own but I thought to share the instructions with you guys. 

Step 1 (IPS Admin)

AdminCP --> Commerce -- > Settings --> Payment Setting --> PayPal (Edit)

Step_1.png

Step 2 (PayPal API)

Log into PayPal --> Go to My Apps & Credentials: https://developer.paypal.com/developer/applications/

Step_2.png

Step 3: Create New App

Step_3.png

Step 4: Get API Credentials

Step_4.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
56 minutes ago, MADMAN32395 said:

what? well, they are not going to give you support for it. as the sandbox is mostly for devs. 

its not just for devs, its for people to check the connections are OK before going live.

Stripe you can do a sandbox with IPS I am not sure about the others. But I do agree that they need to support sandbox for PayPal as you would want to know that all the API is working correctly before going live with it, It shocked me to find out I could not try it in test mode and then gave a error code when trying.

10 minutes ago, Fosters said:

IPS supports the paypal sandbox . Just use the NEXUS_TEST_GATEWAY constant.

should be a Yes/No option, I have made paypal php scripts years ago and it's not that hard, Plus it's a lot easier then creating a constants.php and then having to edit it each time you want to change it.

Plus I bet 90% of users don't know about the constants.php and if they did the cloud users can not access it and then requires IPS support to get it done

2 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

should be a Yes/No option, I have made paypal php scripts years ago and it's not that hard, Plus it's a lot easier then creating a constants.php and then having to edit it each time you want to change it

how hard is it to create a file called 'constants.php' then add 

<?php
define( 'NEXUS_TEST_GATEWAYS', TRUE );

then toggle the true to false or comment it out when not needed? should take less than a few minutes.

1 minute ago, MADMAN32395 said:

how hard is it to create a file called 'constants.php' then add 

<?php
define( 'NEXUS_TEST_GATEWAYS', TRUE );

then toggle the true to false or comment it out when not needed? should take less than a few minutes.

OK like I said, I might be a cloud user, Now how do I do it? Contact IPS and wait for them to do it?

Would rather toggle a button

• 2 weeks later...

Archived