How to disable store group/category?

TheGreyWizard

I have created a few groups with multiple products within them.  I know how to disable individual products, but how do I disable entire groups/categories?  It's only giving me the option to delete them and I don't want to have to re-do all of my work, but I don't want them showing in the store right now.

I'm not an IP.Commerce expert so others are welcome to jump in, but I unfortunately don't see a way to disable an entire category.  

I think this might be worthy of a feature suggestion to suggest:

• Permissions to see products and categories
  • Ability to hide

Commerce hasn't been developed as fully as the other apps, and it shows.  

3 hours ago, Joel R said:

I'll strongly agree with this.  It's VERY site specific with no thought to much more than 1 party (the site) selling product(s).

It's like it was "written for our company use -and hey let's also tweak it a little and sell it as an add-on" basis for it.  There are many levels that it could be expanded upon in addition to the feature mentioned above.

3 hours ago, Joel R said:

I'll strongly agree with this.  It's VERY site specific with no thought to much more than 1 party (the site) selling product(s).

It's like it was "written for our company use -and hey let's also tweak it a little and sell it as an add-on" basis for it.  
This is readily apparent simply with the mandatory "hosting" area that's in the Commerce package.  Sorry, I don't offer hosting via my site.. so why's that still in my ACP - huh?   And why can't I easily remove it? :rofl:

There are many levels that it could be expanded upon in addition to the feature mentioned above.

Archived