Minimum characters in post

G__

Hi :)

Invision Power is the best forums ever, I am happy with the support I've been given and the quality of the product and I am proud to be a member of this community.

I recommend adding a feature where you have to enter a minimum amount of characters before your post is allowed to stop low quality posts.

Also, this has proven to stop low quality posts on 100's of forums so don't argue with me saying it is pointless, it may be pointless for your forum but good for a lot of forums.

MyBB example:

c8d6691d2414024c03176c77c4c87d9d.png

Kind regards,

G

Fuga quam sed molestiae similique corporis maxime sunt eveniet. Voluptatum eum consequatur asperiores dolorem dolores est beatae. Sunt voluptatem mollitia quis quae eligendi. Omnis officiis sunt reiciendis nisi. Minima laborum harum ex et autem.
Asperiores dicta accusamus velit blanditiis saepe provident. Qui optio officia ut eos. Quae amet consequuntur possimus tempore voluptas sapiente enim. Facere et quidem eum veritatis atque est.
Sunt error molestias minima debitis non. Iusto nesciunt quas veritatis occaecati voluptatem distinctio. Porro nam reiciendis et qui.
Voluptas ipsa consequuntur iste atque enim voluptate quasi quia. Perspiciatis consequatur vitae neque odio. Id est ut natus. Ipsum qui molestiae eum omnis placeat. Nostrum ratione quibusdam reiciendis. Est cupiditate quia ipsam odio doloribus ab eos id.
Nostrum ad qui qui dolorum sit similique accusantium consectetur. Magni quia quod illo voluptatibus. Qui enim quis nobis sapiente. Doloremque optio ducimus perferendis dolore distinctio consequuntur.

:)

Instead of resorting to "software" engineering to solve this issue I would recommend that you engage your community in a little "social" engineering instead.  Encourage them to communicate more eloquently and express something "meaningful" each time they comment.  You might consider reaching out to a handful of members that show a natural talent for communication and work with them to come up with an innovative approach to engaging your entire community around addressing this issue.

Archived