Paid Subscription Setup

jackijean

I have searched all over and I cannot find how to set up two memberships...one basic membership for limited access and one paid advanced membership for full forum access....Can someone please help me? I have submitted a ticket on Friday as well and still waiting back as well, but need to get this thing off the ground and running.

Thank you in advance!! 

JJ

You probably want to use the existing default member group for the “basic membership”. Now you go ahead and create a new membergroup for you paying members. Then you need an app like Commerce, where you add a (subscription) product, which moves members into this additional membergroup. That’s the general idea. Is that helping or do you struggle with a particular step of that process? 

2 minutes ago, opentype said:

You probably want to use the existing default member group for the “basic membership”. Now you go ahead and create a new membergroup for you paying members. Then you need an app like Commerce, where you add a (subscription) product, which moves members into this additional membergroup. That’s the general idea. Is that helping or do you struggle with a particular step of that process? 

Where do I find the app? I see a commerce section in my settings, though there isn't anyway for me to create a new membership with paid recurring subscription. I looked for the app in the marketplace and found lots of things but that. 

and thank you :)

7 minutes ago, opentype said:

If you have Commerce, then you are good to go. The process of creating the membership (ACP → Members → Groups) is a separate step from selling access to it (ACP → Commerce → Products). Create the membergroup first. Then add a new product in Commerce. Here is help on that:

https://invisionpower.com/4guides/commerce/

thank you! I am checking that out now

26 minutes ago, opentype said:

If you have Commerce, then you are good to go. The process of creating the membership (ACP → Members → Groups) is a separate step from selling access to it (ACP → Commerce → Products). Create the membergroup first. Then add a new product in Commerce. Here is help on that:

https://invisionpower.com/4guides/commerce/

I guess this is where I am getting hung up...I did create membership groups, but trying to figure out to create a recurring payment setup?

I am seeing this as my only option in commerce and in the link you sent me. I apologize if this is right under my nose, it would make it a bit easier if I was selling an actual product rather than a membership 

Normal Products, but if you want to sell Advertisements or Hosting Plans

Archived