Jump to content

Pages SuperGrid support


opentype

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, sobrenome said:

You are right. The problem is within the text when the hero image is off.

That’s how IPS has designed it. It falls back to that behavior, when you turn the SuperGrid image display off. Not sure I want to mess with that at the moment. But I can revisit it for a future update. Sure. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, opentype said:

That’s how IPS has designed it. It falls back to that behavior, when you turn the SuperGrid image display off. Not sure I want to mess with that at the moment. But I can revisit it for a future update. Sure. 

Thanks a lot. Maybe a simple custom CSS?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, ibaker said:

Not sure if this happens to everyone or not but when I click the checkbox to delete an entry or move etc when in thread list view it shows the normal IPS menu at the bottom of the screen to delete, move etc but after a couple of seconds the screen goes to the full entry:

I can’t replicate this problem. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, opentype said:

I can’t replicate this problem. 

Here is a video showing the issue. You can see when I click the check box in Category View of records in an IPS Database the menu comes up across the bottom of the screen then the page goes to the actual listing:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, ibaker said:

Here is a video showing the issue. You can see when I click the check box in Category View of records in an IPS Database the menu comes up across the bottom of the screen then the page goes to the actual listing:

Okay. I can’t see the behavior in my main browser (Safari), but  I do see it in Firefox. I make a note and probably resolve it in the next maintenance release. The issue is too minor to offer a new version just for this I’m afraid. In the meantime, you can either perform these actions in the ACP or you can (temporarily or permanently) turn off the plugin setting to turn the images into links.  That also resolves the issue. 

Edited by opentype
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/14/2019 at 5:53 AM, opentype said:

Okay. I can’t see the behavior in my main browser (Safari), but  I do see it in Firefox. I make a note and probably resolve it in the next maintenance release. The issue is too minor to offer a new version just for this I’m afraid. In the meantime, you can either perform these actions in the ACP or you can (temporarily or permanently) turn off the plugin setting to turn the images into links.  That also resolves the issue. 

https://www.fighting13th.com/games/ I have the same issue. Not a big issue for me though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Any idea how I can have the supergrid view for a category view?

On the landing page I have a supergrid view:

1.thumb.jpg.d0ebbf3a8e695c071f380231673d3d25.jpg

On the Category Page I only get the default Page:

2.thumb.jpg.f3904632f79c8e03f41874d8499df2b8.jpg

On the sub category view I get the supergrid view:

3.thumb.jpg.81f6065b737793809805e7fafed1e9fc.jpg

So basically I need the Category page to show a supergrid view with a picture and the category name...is this possible

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Daniel B. said:

Hello!

I purchased the template. However, to be honest, I was hoping to use the Filter controls over the records listing, but I can't see the block when trying to add it.

2019-07-27_21h43_35.png.9be2373f8c51c4689ced1cac100f019c.png

It isn't compatible?

Regards.

It was my bad 🙂 I had a problem with the page wrapper I had built. Sorry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/30/2018 at 11:11 AM, opentype said:

For the listing view, adding custom fields below the title was added as an option in the latest release. For the display view, you would need to turn off the “badge mode” and pick a different styling like “no formatting” or “Custom”. But as mentioned before: That’s not really a SuperGrid issue. It’s how to use custom fields in Pages so a separate peer-to-peer topic would be better to ask for help. Neither a new 4.x stock database nor SuperGrid come with a teaser field. 

Hi, I know this is an older response, but it deals with what I'm trying to do. First, how would I use that option to display a custom field below the title in the Supergrid listings, and second, how do I hide the 'Summary:' label when there is no summary value entered? I'm trying to allow members to include a short summary viewable on the listing, like this:

https://worldsmyths.com/library/public/

But the 'Summary:' bit shows up even when there is no summary entered. So I'm looking to hide the summary field when there is no value entered, and/or display the summary under the title instead of over the image. I don't mind it over the image -- I tweaked the CSS to make it work okay -- but it limits it to something very short.

I appreciate any help you can offer, thank you!

Edited by kherezae
Clarification
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, kherezae said:

But the 'Summary:' bit shows up even when there is no summary entered. So I'm looking to hide the summary field when there is no value entered …

You would need to pick “Custom” as field output type and add a code like this to the empty field:

{{if $formValue}}
{$value}
{{endif}}

Or if it is an HTML field:

{{if $formValue}}
{$value|raw}
{{endif}}

6 hours ago, kherezae said:

, and/or display the summary under the title instead of over the image.

There is a plugin setting for that: “Listing fields position”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Is there any way we can tell how many times an article has been viewed, or any code that can be updated /added to the template to show how many times an article has been viewed?

In the same way members can view how many times their topic has been viewed in the forums?

Don't worry found it thanks

 

Edited by Unlucky
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, DanLemX said:

Tried to look for answer, but how do I adjust the column width in the recorddisplay template to have the author column smaller? It's taking up too much space on my site. I just want it about as wide as the user avatar.  Thanks for any input. 

Capture.thumb.JPG.8d6df5afcf5340db69492cfe394a0f82.JPG

Try this:

In the pages template Supergrid Recorddisplay -> record you will find an instance of "ipsGrid_span3" about line 16 change this to ipsGrid_span2

Next about line 30 you will find "ipsGrid_span9" change this to ipsGrid_span10

See if that solves your issue enough

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, ibaker said:

Try this:

In the pages template Supergrid Recorddisplay -> record you will find an instance of "ipsGrid_span3" about line 16 change this to ipsGrid_span2

Next about line 30 you will find "ipsGrid_span9" change this to ipsGrid_span10

See if that solves your issue enough

Thanks for this! It reduced the area to a better size, almost perfect!   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello,
Sorry if I post in the wrong place, I'm French and do not speak English very well, so the search is difficult 😕 
I also thank google translate of all this translation ^_^ 

My question ? there she is :

I would like to hide the number of views of articles to visitors (or to everyone at worst) how can I do?

Thank you for your help 😚

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...