Pages SuperGrid support

3 hours ago, LDDG said:

@opentype

What Goes Here? {
  	font-size: 8px;
	text-transform: capitalize;
}

This is all I am asking for.

If I knew, I wouldn't be inconveniencing you. I searched via Inspect Element but I have no idea which one to use.

Try this in custom.css

body[data-pageapp="cms"][ data-pagelocation="front"][data-pagemodule="pages"][ data-pagecontroller="page"] .ipsType_normal:not( .ipsType_richText ) {
}

5 hours ago, AlexWebsites said:

Try this in custom.css

body[data-pageapp="cms"][ data-pagelocation="front"][data-pagemodule="pages"][ data-pagecontroller="page"] .ipsType_normal:not( .ipsType_richText ) {
}

Hi @AlexWebsites, thank you so much for your response! I tried and even though it adjusts the font size, the capitalize part of it does not work. The titles remain in all caps. But thanks for the response, I really appreciate it.

7 hours ago, LDDG said:

Hi @AlexWebsites, thank you so much for your response! I tried and even though it adjusts the font size, the capitalize part of it does not work. The titles remain in all caps. But thanks for the response, I really appreciate it.

All your title text is written in all CAPS. The capitalize element capitalizes the first letter, but all your letters are capitalized already. Here's one of your titles:

<div class="ipsType_break">
<a href="https://www.losdurosdelgenero.com/reggaeton/descargar-musica/atilas-roman-feat-dvenshy-la-frequencia-hagamoslo-lento-r10404/" title="Read more about ATILAS ROMAN FEAT. D'VENSHY 'LA FREQUENCIA' - &quot;HAGAMOSLO LENTO&quot;">
ATILAS ROMAN FEAT. D'VENSHY 'LA FREQUENCIA' - "HAGAMOSLO LENTO"
</a>
</div>

You should go back into each article and rewrite your titles to not be all in caps. Text transform will only work like so:

image.png.7f7bf5a2b4b3bdb9e87cd476e18571c4.png

16 hours ago, LDDG said:

Just to follow up on my prior post, I tried it with the default, stock theme and now everything displays properly. I guess something changed in IPS 4.3.4 that renders my IPFocus Dimensions theme not play nice with SuperGrid. I did install a fresh, new version of that theme that is compatible with IPS 4.3.4... This is a real bummer.

There was a bug fix posted on the IPS Focus forum, add this to your custom.css

@supports (display:grid){

[data-ipsgrid=""]:not([data-ipsgrid-minitemsize]){
		--grid-fill: auto-fit;
	}

.ipsGrid + .ipsGrid{
		margin-top: var(--grid-gap) !important;
	}

.ipsApp .SG_wrapper, .ipsApp .SG_category_container{
		padding-bottom: 15px;
	}

}

Hi @crmarks

Thanks for that find! It fixed the alignment issue but still not working correctly. Let me explain.

The following code in the Supergrid Frontpage | index template will display 1 large entry per row since ipsGrid_span is set to 12:

<section class='ipsType_normal ipsSpacer_both ipsBox'>
	{{if count($articles)}}
  <div class="ipsAreaBackground_light SG_wrapper">
    <div class="ipsList_reset ipsGrid ipsGrid_collapsePhone" data-ipsGrid data-ipsGrid-equalHeights='row'>
		{{foreach $articles as $id => $record}}
       		<div class="SG_card ipsPad ipsGrid_span12 ipsAreaBackground_reset ipsType_left {{if settings.SuperGrid_use_ipsbox}}ipsBox{{endif}}">  
              {template="entry" app="cms" location="database" group="supergrid_frontpage" params="$record, $database"}
            </div>
      	{{endforeach}}
    </div>
  </div>
	{{endif}}
</section>

This results in the following display as displayed with the stock theme AND IPS Focus themes PRIOR to the IPS 4.3.4 upgrade:

Capture.thumb.JPG.048f624020dab4a08529a457f79c16cf.JPG

Now, when I switch over to the IPS Focus theme, even though the template is set to ipsGrid_span12, it will show the records in 3 columns, 3 entries per row. Usually this is accomplished by setting ipsGrid_span4.

Capture2.thumb.JPG.31254f51b7f5f06f2054f57cd07cd810.JPG

This is how it is being displayed even though ipsGrid_span12 is set.

Do you have a link to that fix in IPSFocus? I can go over there and post this. Maybe this will help them with the issue.

Edited by LDDG
4 hours ago, AlexWebsites said:

All your title text is written in all CAPS. The capitalize element capitalizes the first letter, but all your letters are capitalized already. Here's one of your titles:

<div class="ipsType_break">
<a href="https://www.losdurosdelgenero.com/reggaeton/descargar-musica/atilas-roman-feat-dvenshy-la-frequencia-hagamoslo-lento-r10404/" title="Read more about ATILAS ROMAN FEAT. D'VENSHY 'LA FREQUENCIA' - &quot;HAGAMOSLO LENTO&quot;">
ATILAS ROMAN FEAT. D'VENSHY 'LA FREQUENCIA' - "HAGAMOSLO LENTO"
</a>
</div>

You should go back into each article and rewrite your titles to not be all in caps. Text transform will only work like so:

image.png.7f7bf5a2b4b3bdb9e87cd476e18571c4.png

Hi @AlexWebsites

Don't shoot me, but the properties for the Title Field were set to make them all caps! *facepalm*

I removed the formatting option to the title field input box and now the titles are displaying the way I wanted them to without the need for any code in custom.css... Thanks for your help though. I really appreciate it!

33 minutes ago, LDDG said:

Hi @AlexWebsites

Don't shoot me, but the properties for the Title Field were set to make them all caps! *facepalm*

I removed the formatting option to the title field input box and now the titles are displaying the way I wanted them to without the need for any code in custom.css... Thanks for your help though. I really appreciate it!

Glad you found your issue!

On 6/22/2018 at 11:49 AM, opentype said:

Sorry, I am not following that. 
In general, the SuperGrid block is just a different styling for “Pages record feeds”. There is nothing special about it and it shouldn’t depend on any other blocks. You should be able to create a regular feed block – see it working – and then add the SuperGrid theme later to it. That should change the appearance, but show exactly the same entries as before. 

Your comment gives me somewhere to start. This has me scratching my head. I followed the supergrid install instructions as stated in the document. Then I attempted to created a new block, choose the desired database feed, clicked on the content tab, but I'm not getting a preview of the database. Changing to the supergrid theme isn't going to make it start working.

8 hours ago, mightypilot said:

Your comment gives me somewhere to start. This has me scratching my head. I followed the supergrid install instructions as stated in the document. Then I attempted to created a new block, choose the desired database feed, clicked on the content tab, but I'm not getting a preview of the database. Changing to the supergrid theme isn't going to make it start working.

The preview isn’t very reliable. Don’t count on that. Test it on the site. 
And test it without a SuperGrid template first. If you can’t get a regular Pages block with the stock block template and a record feed working, I would suggest to open a support ticket with IPS. 

Edited by opentype
1 hour ago, opentype said:

The preview isn’t very reliable. Don’t count on that. Test it on the site. 
And test it without a SuperGrid template first. If you can’t get a regular Pages block with the stock block template and a record feed not working, I would suggest to open a support ticket with IPS. 

Thank you for the suggestion.

I'm getting a similar error as someone a page or so before me got, however I've checked the database and nothing seems to be amiss? I might just be dumb...

Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX0

TECHNICAL DETAILS

Error: Call to undefined method IPS\cms\Records1::reputation() (0)
#0 /var/www/html/w282497/applications/cms/sources/Theme/Theme.php(610) : eval()'d code(697): IPS\Theme\class_cms_database_Supergrid_FrontPage->entry(Object(IPS\cms\Records1), Object(IPS\cms\Databases))
#1 /var/www/html/w282497/applications/cms/modules/front/database/index.php(142): IPS\Theme\class_cms_database_Supergrid_FrontPage->index(Object(IPS\cms\Databases), Object(IPS\Patterns\ActiveRecordIterator), Object(IPS\Http\Url\Friendly), Array)
#2 /var/www/html/w282497/applications/cms/modules/front/database/index.php(51): IPS\cms\modules\front\database\_index->view()
#3 /var/www/html/w282497/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\cms\modules\front\database\_index->manage()
#4 /var/www/html/w282497/applications/cms/sources/Databases/Dispatcher.php(325): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /var/www/html/w282497/applications/cms/widgets/Database.php(130): IPS\cms\Databases\_Dispatcher->run()
#6 /var/www/html/w282497/applications/cms/sources/Pages/Page.php(1257): IPS\cms\widgets\_Database->render()
#7 /var/www/html/w282497/applications/cms/sources/Pages/Page.php(2191): IPS\cms\Pages\_Page->getWidgets()
#8 /var/www/html/w282497/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(73): IPS\cms\Pages\_Page->output()
#9 /var/www/html/w282497/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(43): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->view()
#10 /var/www/html/w282497/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->manage()
#11 /var/www/html/w282497/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(33): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#12 /var/www/html/w282497/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->execute()
#13 /var/www/html/w282497/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#14 {main}

24 minutes ago, LoriLovesLore said:

I'm getting a similar error as someone a page or so before me got, however I've checked the database and nothing seems to be amiss? I might just be dumb...

You need to delete the old templates and install the latest ones. 

Open,

Seems my SuperGrid in Record View is not working anymore, as far as the nice offset is concerned, where the body of the page content overlays onto the header image. Can you please see this link at https://thepatriotwoodworker.com/administrative_topics/who-we-are-r1/

You'll see the header sitting atop the article content instead of the content overlaying the bottom portion of the header image. Thanks for any direction on this.

John

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Peter L McCormick said:

Any plans for SuperBlogs? I'm using SuperGrid recorddisplay for Pages news items and would like to style blog entries accordingly. (Hopefully I've missed something and it's available already... :biggrin:)

At the moment, this style is only available for Pages record feeds and Forum posts/topics. Doing it for Blogs is certainly possible, but I am not sure there is enough demand for it to release it as a Marketplace product. 

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, opentype said:

You have errors in your custom.css. That’s why the SuperGrid CSS isn’t executed at all. 
At first glance, the styling for “.ipsNavBar_primary > ul > li > a ” is missing a bracket. But there might be more. 

Thanks for pointing out that and it fixed the spacing issue on a landing page, big relief. 

Is the left spacing on record listing is normally this huge or there is some issue with my custom.css there too?

image.thumb.png.8e1f5da2509887e71b07e7e885b98095.png