Pages SuperGrid support

Hi,

Since the lastest upgrade of IPS and this plugin, due to the new follow and promote being added it is causing your template to really squeeze the title.

IE - https://www.walkingfootball.com/interviews/malewalkingfootballplayers/interview-with-tameside-striders-central-defender-david-partington-r103/

Would it be possible to have the title start underneath the promote and follow buttons so it is back to normal as in previous versions?

In category listing I would recommend adding clickable images if you use category image ? 

{{if $category->pcimage}}<a href="{$category->url()}" alt="{$category->_title}"><div class="SG_cat_image" style="background-image:url('{file='$category->pcimage'}');"></div><a>{{endif}}

On 5/17/2018 at 9:18 PM, Meddysong said:

Have you checked permissions to make sure that guests can see these articles? I get an error when I try your first link and in the second can see the page and an array of blocks but no article.

It might help if you post a screenshot of what you see so that we can compare. If there's something appearing on your screen but not on ours, that would indicate a permissions issue.

Hi,

Been away on holiday so couldn't get on this until now. So i dont want it live to people yet. I want to set it up in the back ground so i know its right, then publish to other users. This will be why people cannot see articles.

Is there a process tree on how to make a page that i can then dissect to understand how this all works? Like, do i do a page then an article, database means what, does it only work with a standard theme as i currently use Agile 4.3.x.  What i would like is a knowledge base which has repair guides, models of cars with detailed info and pics etc etc.  How this all gets built from the Forum Admin area i dont know .....

God i feel like such a newbie ?

1 hour ago, Simon Watton said:

Hi,

Been away on holiday so couldn't get on this until now. So i dont want it live to people yet. I want to set it up in the back ground so i know its right, then publish to other users. This will be why people cannot see articles.

Is there a process tree on how to make a page that i can then dissect to understand how this all works? Like, do i do a page then an article, database means what, does it only work with a standard theme as i currently use Agile 4.3.x.  What i would like is a knowledge base which has repair guides, models of cars with detailed info and pics etc etc.  How this all gets built from the Forum Admin area i dont know .....

God i feel like such a newbie ?

You can write articles and immediately hide them.  That's what I do with my daily articles that drip out over the week.  

However, you can set up databases and categories anytime.  Think of a database as a self-contained repository of records.  It has its own set of permissions and templates.  You must assign a database to a page, so it can appear on the front-end.  

17 hours ago, Meddysong said:

Give the links on this page a read to get your head around the terminology:

https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/suite-applications/pages/core-concepts/

Then after that have a go at building a very simply database using this guide:

https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/suite-applications/pages/building-a-recipe-section_360/

@Meddysong this has helped massively! Ive set up the Recipe database and had a play with it, made some errors and found how to fix them to enable me to get the look i wanted. Now i should be able to tweek this database to get what i want. Thank you ?

Does anyone know how to make an error page for those accessing a page they are not permitted to see.

For instance, we have pages that only paid members can see, but we want to tease them to viewing the page but only faced with "You need to be a paid member to view this content" 

I have SuperGrid installed.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone knows why this could be happening?

Capture.thumb.JPG.8d3a317e40fbc3bb9ee690d86d5040dc.JPG

If you notice, the avatar, author and posted date appear twice in the records view.

This is with a fresh install of SuperGrid and I also have a fresh install of SuperShow installed.

Hi there,

I have SuperGrid installed, but it is showing an error when used with articles. When I try to view an article it gives the following error:

Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX0

Technical Details:

ErrorException: template_store_missing template_cms_d262041bb2b0df100e04be4050ef0a8d_s1_two_column_first_featured (0)
#0 /home4/marklong/public_html/community/applications/cms/modules/front/database/record.php(76): IPS\cms\_Theme->getTemplate('s1_two_column_f...', 'cms', 'database')
#1 /home4/marklong/public_html/community/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\cms\modules\front\database\_record->manage()
#2 /home4/marklong/public_html/community/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#3 /home4/marklong/public_html/community/applications/cms/sources/Databases/Dispatcher.php(325): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#4 /home4/marklong/public_html/community/system/Theme/Theme.php(4311) : eval()'d code(31): IPS\cms\Databases\_Dispatcher->run()
#5 [internal function]: IPS\Theme\content_pages_2()
#6 /home4/marklong/public_html/community/applications/cms/sources/Pages/Page.php(1218): call_user_func('IPS\\Theme\\conte...')
#7 /home4/marklong/public_html/community/applications/cms/sources/Pages/Page.php(2198): IPS\cms\Pages\_Page->getHtmlContent()
#8 /home4/marklong/public_html/community/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(73): IPS\cms\Pages\_Page->output()
#9 /home4/marklong/public_html/community/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(43): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->view()
#10 /home4/marklong/public_html/community/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->manage()
#11 /home4/marklong/public_html/community/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(33): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#12 /home4/marklong/public_html/community/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->execute()
#13 /home4/marklong/public_html/community/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#14 {main}

Please could you advise what needs to be done to fix this?

19 minutes ago, Maalong said:

Hi there,

I have SuperGrid installed, but it is showing an error when used with articles. When I try to view an article it gives the following error:

Technical Details:

ErrorException: template_store_missing template_cms_d262041bb2b0df100e04be4050ef0a8d_s1_two_column_first_featured (0)
#0 /home4/marklong/public_html/community/applications/cms/modules/front/database/record.php(76): IPS\cms\_Theme->getTemplate('s1_two_column_f...', 'cms', 'database')
#1 /home4/marklong/public_html/community/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\cms\modules\front\database\_record->manage()
#2 /home4/marklong/public_html/community/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#3 /home4/marklong/public_html/community/applications/cms/sources/Databases/Dispatcher.php(325): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#4 /home4/marklong/public_html/community/system/Theme/Theme.php(4311) : eval()'d code(31): IPS\cms\Databases\_Dispatcher->run()
#5 [internal function]: IPS\Theme\content_pages_2()
#6 /home4/marklong/public_html/community/applications/cms/sources/Pages/Page.php(1218): call_user_func('IPS\\Theme\\conte...')
#7 /home4/marklong/public_html/community/applications/cms/sources/Pages/Page.php(2198): IPS\cms\Pages\_Page->getHtmlContent()
#8 /home4/marklong/public_html/community/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(73): IPS\cms\Pages\_Page->output()
#9 /home4/marklong/public_html/community/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(43): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->view()
#10 /home4/marklong/public_html/community/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->manage()
#11 /home4/marklong/public_html/community/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(33): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#12 /home4/marklong/public_html/community/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->execute()
#13 /home4/marklong/public_html/community/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#14 {main}

Please could you advise what needs to be done to fix this?

You are still referencing a template from another plugin. The s1_two_column_first_featured template is I believe from the A Different Styles Template plugin.

Just go to your database and make sure nothing is referencing the s1_two_column_first_featured template.

2 minutes ago, LDDG said:

You are still referencing a template from another plugin. The s1_two_column_first_featured template is I believe from the A Different Styles Template plugin.

Just go to your database and make sure nothing is referencing the s1_two_column_first_featured template.

Thanks for that. I have just had two sites merged, and I think this may be left over from the merged site. Will look into this with the merge guy.

Hi @opentype

Not sure if this is a supergrid or theme issue but figured I would start here as I just installed. When adding new records they match the theme correctly until I add an image then it goes to a white background. It should look like the one titled Grid 1

thanks in advance

Grid 2.png

Grid 1.png

Edited by Chris Purcell
39 minutes ago, Chris Purcell said:

Hi @opentype

Not sure if this is a supergrid or theme issue but figured I would start here as I just installed. When adding new records they match the theme correctly until I add an image then it goes to a white background. It should look like the one titled Grid 1

thanks in advance

Go to the SuperGrid settings. There is a color selector there to change that default white background to your dark background color. 

Hello @opentype,

How can I edit the titles for the SuperGrid articles when shown on the frontpage?

I need to make the font a bit smaller and also not have them in all uppercase.

I know it can easily be done via the custom.css file but I just don't know which css selector to reference. I am guessing ipsType_blank but of course, that's just me speculating.

Thanks in advance!

I bought Supergrid a few months back and was able to quickly get it working on my site and love the results. I initially tried to install the Supergrid Block so I could utilize the shuffle feature. It refused to show any records, and I switched to a regular database feed using Supergrid settings to display records.

Today just for fun I thought I'd give the Supergrid block another try. I added the Supergrid block underneath a database feed and the block worked! Zahzam!

After fiddling with the block settings and getting the display set to my liking, I removed the database feed--and the Supergrid block display also stopped working. What what?

I re-enabled the database feed for the time being until I figure out what I am missing here. Any suggestions? I am running ISP 4.3.3 and "Supergrid_3_0_for_IPS4_3_only."

6 hours ago, LDDG said:

but I just don't know which css selector to reference.

Please use browser inspector options or plugins to find them like we would do it with any other CSS customizations as well. 

24 minutes ago, mightypilot said:

I bought Supergrid a few months back and was able to quickly get it working on my site and love the results. I initially tried to install the Supergrid Block so I could utilize the shuffle feature. It refused to show any records, and I switched to a regular database feed using Supergrid settings to display records.

Today just for fun I thought I'd give the Supergrid block another try. I added the Supergrid block underneath a database feed and the block worked! Zahzam!

After fiddling with the block settings and getting the display set to my liking, I removed the database feed--and the Supergrid block display also stopped working. What what?

I re-enabled the database feed for the time being until I figure out what I am missing here. Any suggestions? I am running ISP 4.3.3 and "Supergrid_3_0_for_IPS4_3_only."

Sorry, I am not following that. 
In general, the SuperGrid block is just a different styling for “Pages record feeds”. There is nothing special about it and it shouldn’t depend on any other blocks. You should be able to create a regular feed block – see it working – and then add the SuperGrid theme later to it. That should change the appearance, but show exactly the same entries as before. 

24 minutes ago, opentype said:

Please use browser inspector options or plugins to find them like we would do it with any other CSS customizations as well.

@opentype

What Goes Here? {
  	font-size: 8px;
	text-transform: capitalize;
}

This is all I am asking for.

If I knew, I wouldn't be inconveniencing you. I searched via Inspect Element but I have no idea which one to use.

Hello,

I just upgraded to IPS 4.3.4 and my SuperGrid and SuperShow plugins do not display correctly anymore. For instance, in SuperShow, I have a block setup for just 1 record to be show and 1 column display selected. Prior to upgrading, SuperShow would show the 1 record the width of the entire column. Now it shows the record in a smaller box as if the block was setup to display 3 columns. The same goes for SuperPages. Both plugins will only display content in a 3 column setup, regardless of how many records are to be shown.

Capture.thumb.JPG.cd3c12edbbe8753134e51dfa7643c8de.JPG

Capture2.thumb.JPG.94c6e9f7a16e4d9eb140ba17693186ea.JPG

Prior to the update to IPS 4.3.4, the same exact settings as listed above, would show the thumbnail the full width of the block.

Just to follow up on my prior post, I tried it with the default, stock theme and now everything displays properly. I guess something changed in IPS 4.3.4 that renders my IPFocus Dimensions theme not play nice with SuperGrid. I did install a fresh, new version of that theme that is compatible with IPS 4.3.4... This is a real bummer.