Move from MySQL to MariaDB

PedroNL

14 minutes ago, RevengeFNF said:

Not even 10.0 is needed to run ips ;)

I know, I was just trying yo keep up with the latest releases to be on safe side. I know that MySQL 5.6.35 has an end-of-life for 2018 and that day would come soon.

While upgrading I read that ( see screen shot above ) 10.0 was recommended and 10.1 was stable release. Do you really advice the upgrade ? Do you think it is worth ?

7 minutes ago, ABGenc said:

I know, I was just trying yo keep up with the latest releases to be on safe side. I know that MySQL 5.6.35 has an end-of-life for 2018 and that day would come soon.

While upgrading I read that ( see screen shot above ) 10.0 was recommended and 10.1 was stable release. Do you really advice the upgrade ? Do you think it is worth ?

I like to use the last stable version.

You can check here the main diferences: https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/what-is-mariadb-101/

17 minutes ago, RevengeFNF said:

I like to use the last stable version.

You can check here the main diferences: https://mariadb.com/kb/en/mariadb/what-is-mariadb-101/

The next step I am considering it to switch MyISAM tables to InnoDB. I am planning to convert my test site's DB first to see how it goes. Do you think I can test the real performance difference between MyISAM and InnoDB on a test site so that it gives me an idea for production ?

11 minutes ago, ABGenc said:

The next step I am considering it to switch MyISAM tables to InnoDB. I am planning to convert my test site's DB first to see how it goes. Do you think I can test the real performance difference between MyISAM and InnoDB on a test site so that it gives me an idea for production ?

You would need to generate the same traffic to have a 100% exact idea how it would work. 

But convert it, it will be better and safer.

On 11/17/2016 at 9:36 AM, Rhett said:

MariahDB Has been the default DB for Centos7, it's a drop in replacement for mysql, recommended, and works great. What questions do you have? 

Just want to know if it is officially supported?

Archived