Nginx can handle 2 sites dynamics? IPS and WORDPRESS

kmk

Hello, right now I have the DreamCompute instance running Ubuntu 16, Nginx + php7.0-fpm+MariaDB, and I have the IPS installed on, can I install wordpress on it too? and for ips and admin perspect will be convenience and recommended?

You should be fine to start with that size VPS as long as it's not an outrageous amount of traffic.

Unless married to Ubuntu, you may want to give CentOS using CentMin Mod a look.  Pretty much prepares your stack for you and does some optimization of the config options based upon the size of VM/server it's running on.

yes, but the changes are really very simple to do.  Mainly related to friendly URL's and you should already be used to using nginx to protect the directories (in fact, the try_files should be the same as you have now).

I run a myBB forum, an IPS site (using Commerce), 2 XenForo sites and 4 WordPress sites using it with no real issues.

Keep in mind that Centminmod is designed for only one site/forum/cms usage and if you use more domains or plan to use it for share with other people that you don't trust 100% or if any of the domains get hacked then is very easy to jump to other dmains and get all info from them also :(

It doesn't lock domain accounts per user or in any other way :(

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2016 at 10:43 PM, ASTRAPI said:

Keep in mind that Centminmod is designed for only one site/forum/cms usage and if you use more domains or plan to use it for share with other people that you don't trust 100% or if any of the domains get hacked then is very easy to jump to other dmains and get all info from them also :(

It doesn't lock domain accounts per user or in any other way :(

Incorrect wording.. it's not designed for one site/forum/cms usage - as my 2 XF sites, 1 IPS site, 4 WP sites and 2 myBB sites prove.

What it IS targeted at is single admin/owner use (which is what the OP was asking about) as it's not designed/targeted at virtual hosting for multiple users - and wasn't designed to be.  That is something that the author of the script is looking at for a future improvement.

And honestly, not all admins need access to the core server (nor should have access) so if you only needed a site admin, then it's easily do-able with the current config as you can set up a per domain FTP instance and user to allow transfer of files ONLY to that domain.   As for your "hacking" example - that can also occur on a shared host (and does).

If one is needing that granularity then one needs to use cPanel/WHM and LiteSpeed (for performance) or install a VM system (ProxMox as an example) on the server and configure multiple VM's, one for each domain and granting those other users their on VM to have their site in.

I post the exact same thing :)

Maybe my bad english confuse you.....

You can install it and use any application or platform and as many as you want on it but if one get hacked all will get hacked very easy.

Also if you have more than one sites/forums/cms and you want to give any kind of access on one of them then that user will get very easy to all of them.

That's my warning.

Archived