Limit Emoticons Allowed (Support)

Michael.J

• 8 months later...
41 minutes ago, Mike John said:

Any issues I can look at patching?

Nope. I think I just need to wait for some Ips things to be patched before I try again.

@Mike John in fact just in case someone else complains... I have a bug with and without this plugin in which if you trigger the emoticon limit, or the field required editor message then the buttons in the editor become unusable until refresh. Happens without this plugin but in case someone thought it was this... a heads up!

On 7/28/2017 at 9:34 AM, Netherlord said:

in fact just in case someone else complains... I have a bug with and without this plugin in which if you trigger the emoticon limit, or the field required editor message then the buttons in the editor become unusable until refresh. Happens without this plugin but in case someone thought it was this... a heads up!

I don't seem to be able to reproduce this... But I assume you've got IPS to confirm this?

On 7/28/2017 at 10:04 AM, Netherlord said:

I do however have a question... Any plans to limit videos too? I'm always having someone posting 20+ videos...  so it would be handy.

Technically it shouldn't be a problem. Would it need to extend to other video sites or just Youtube? I want to finish up these IPB 4.2 updates first but if you can remind me afterwards I'll look into this and see if this can be done in a new mod or perhaps expand the "limit emoticons allowed" to cover stuff like videos and other content.

5 hours ago, Mike John said:

I don't seem to be able to reproduce this... But I assume you've got IPS to confirm this?

Just waiting on IPS tickets to come back. I have a few they've yet to get to that one :D

5 hours ago, Mike John said:

Technically it shouldn't be a problem. Would it need to extend to other video sites or just Youtube? I want to finish up these IPB 4.2 updates first but if you can remind me afterwards I'll look into this and see if this can be done in a new mod or perhaps expand the "limit emoticons allowed" to cover stuff like videos and other content.

Probably best to keep it all in one :p I only use youtube. But it's probably best to limit all videos. example: Youtube, Vimeo, Dailymotion. As I'm sure others will use them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/7/2017 at 1:34 AM, Netherlord said:

Nope. I think I just need to wait for some Ips things to be patched before I try again.

@Mike John in fact just in case someone else complains... I have a bug with and without this plugin in which if you trigger the emoticon limit, or the field required editor message then the buttons in the editor become unusable until refresh. Happens without this plugin but in case someone thought it was this... a heads up!

I have the same problem. :( 

2 minutes ago, Deep Blue 76 said:

I installed the update but the problem is still present. It's been fixed if you create a new topic but if you answer and put more than the allowed emoticons, even if the editor seems to work, if you click does not work. I hope you can solve this as well so it will be perfect.

I was able to reproduce this without this plugin installed like the above user. As such, I believe this to be an issue with IPB 4 itself.

• 1 year later...

Archived