Modify billing agreements

inkredible

Hello,

first of all: Great step supporting developers here with a new documentation and decent technical staff! Pretty hard to get technical answers by asking via support.

The use case:

I would like to enhance the nexus features by writing a new adminpanel plugin. For Board admins who use expiring groups as "softwarelicensing" there are lots of missing options. One example: You would like to do a giveaway or some kind of compensation for users who bought a specific expiring package (let's call it vip access). Right now there is no feature which would allow to add time until VIP access expires.

My idea:

It looks like I want to update tablerows for the nexus_purchases table for specific ps_item_id's. However I wonder what will happen to the billing agreements? Unfortunately I don't know how billing agreements work right now and I think it has changed since IPB4. Do we send an "invoice request" and the customer will agree to this automatically if he has setup a billing agreement or are customers automatically paying every x days to our paypal when a billing agreement is set up? And in short: When I am going to add time to ps_expire will it also charge the user at a later time or is it still the same time then?

Is there a chance to read up on this as I am planning some more stuff to enhance the nexus stuff for Board admins who use expiring packages / groups

If you're using PayPal Billing Agreements, the terms are specified at the time the billing agreement is created. Commerce itself doesn't have any mechanism to change the terms of the Billing Agreement. I think this is a restriction on PayPal's end (changes need to be reconfirmed by the user) but that might have changed since the last time I looked, so you may need to check PayPal's developer documentation.

If you're using stored credit cards through a different gateway, it's much simpler. You can indeed just change ps_expire.

Archived