1 minute ago, Gabriel Torres said:

@Adriano Faria A suggestion. At each quiz, we have a user ranking for that quiz. My suggestion is a block for the main category list to display the global rankings, i.e., the rankings for all users for all quizzes, showing the same data that is already displayed at the ranking for each quiz, plus the name of the quiz. Thanks!

I thought in do something like that but it doesn't make much sense. A top ranking wouldn't reflect the truth because one quiz can have 10 questions in 5 minutes. Another 20 questions in 10 minutes. Or worst: 5 questions in 3 minutes, etc.

10 hours ago, JEFF MACK said:

Yes I would like to see the option to randomize the questions

I know @Adriano Faria you've already initially considered this suggestion, but I feel like this is an especially important suggestion.  If you have a quiz in the same exact order of questions, people can develop "muscle memory" of knowing the right answers based on when the question is coming up.  I know you randomize the answers (which is great, I don't think v3 even did that), but people with good memory will begin to learn the order of questions. 

I think it's important to build as much randomness into the quiz as possible.  That's why I also support the suggestion that you allow (for example) people to build a "test bank" of 200 questions and you build a quiz of 10 random questions from the bank.  

22 hours ago, Joel R said:

I think it's important to build as much randomness into the quiz as possible.  That's why I also support the suggestion that you allow (for example) people to build a "test bank" of 200 questions and you build a quiz of 10 random questions from the bank.  

In the future, this is something I want. Not only that, but an integration with Commerce. Because this would create the perfect solution for the certification project we have on our website. Instead of having a separate system doing this, we would have everything integrated:

• The user who wants to take the certification quiz pays it through Commerce
  • He takes the quiz, which will be comprised of x questions randomized and pulled from a pool with hundreds or even thousands questions
  • If he reaches the minimum approval mark, he gets his certification, meaning that he is moved to a new usergroup (e.g., Certified Users)

This is the basic idea. However, this is a hell of a job, and I don't expect Adriano to add all those features, but I am willing to pay him to do this as a custom job whenever we are ready to move on with this idea.

19 hours ago, Noni said:

I do also need the option to import questions / answers

I created a PHP script for importing the questions/answers that we had from the custom system we had running before.

2 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

The Commerce integration is something I already have in mind. The problem is the import tool. This absolutely isn't so simple as people think it is, due to how I've built things (questions, answers, etc.) and will take some time to get it done. 

I don't know if it helped but @Mikey used an XML import / export in his v3 quizzes.  It was pretty good actually.  

10 hours ago, Joel R said:

I don't know if it helped but @Mikey used an XML import / export in his v3 quizzes.  It was pretty good actually. 

That helped, tks. The doubt was really about the file "XML format" I should receive... but I guess this is not my problem. I mean, my app will accept a specific XML structure. If it's right then things will be imported. It is like import a theme: it HAS to be in a valid "theme" format.

Already started:

Capturar.png

Export is done. Will try the import during the weekend.

2 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

That helped, tks. The doubt was really about the file "XML format" I should receive... but I guess this is not my problem. I mean, my app will accept a specific XML structure. If it's right then things will be imported. It is like import a theme: it HAS to be in a valid "theme" format.

Already started:

Capturar.png

Export is done. Will try the import during the weekend.

Just remember to give a default template for us to use :)

3 hours ago, Joel R said:

Just remember to give a default template for us to use

Oh, you mean the XML "template", right? If so, it will be on documentation but it will be something like that:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<export>
	<quiz>
		<title>Testing a New Quiz</title>
		<questions>
			<right>AAAAAAA</right>
			<wrong>BBBBBB</wrong>
			<wrong>CCCCCCCCC</wrong>
			<wrong>DDDDDDDD</wrong>
			<wrong>EEEEEEEEEEEE</wrong>
		</questions>
	</quiz>
</export>

This is the exported... It will be the same to import.

5 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Oh, you mean the XML "template", right? If so, it will be on documentation but it will be something like that:

<export>
	<quiz>
		<title>Testing a New Quiz</title>
		<questions>
			<right>AAAAAAA</right>
			<wrong>BBBBBB</wrong>
			<wrong>CCCCCCCCC</wrong>
			<wrong>DDDDDDDD</wrong>
			<wrong>EEEEEEEEEEEE</wrong>
		</questions>
	</quiz>
</export>

This is the exported... It will be the same to import.

Yeah an empty XML template for us to fill out :)

Just now, Joel R said:

Yeah an empty XML template for us to fill out :)

This was a "hand free" XML. This is the right one, exported by the app:

<export>
  <quiz>
    <title>333333333333333</title>
    <questions>3</questions>
    <time>5</time>
    <questions>
      <question>
        <title>AAAAAAAAAAA</title>
        <right>1111111</right>
        <wrong>222222</wrong>
        <wrong>3333</wrong>
        <wrong>444444444</wrong>
        <wrong>5555555555</wrong>
      </question>
      <question>
        <title>BBBBBB</title>
        <right>111111111</right>
        <wrong>22222222</wrong>
        <wrong>333333333</wrong>
        <wrong>444444444</wrong>
        <wrong>5555555555</wrong>
      </question>
      <question>
        <title>333333</title>
        <right>AAA</right>
        <wrong>BBBB</wrong>
        <wrong>CCCC</wrong>
        <wrong>DDDDD</wrong>
        <wrong>EEEEE</wrong>
      </question>
    </questions>
  </quiz>
</export>

It will in documentation.

Also started the IMPORT. The form:

Capturar.png

Import/Export done: http://www.screencast.com/t/eVpTMEAr84X

This is the XML template:

<quizzes>
  <quiz title="{quizz_title}" questions="{quizz_questions}" time="{quizz_time}" description="{quizz_description}">
    <questions>
      <question question_title="{question_title}" answer_correct="{question_correct}" answer_wrong="['wrong 1','wrong 2', 'etc']"/>
    </questions>
  </quiz>
</quizzes>

In brackets, these are the column names from tables. Of course, you can loop the quiz questions into questions.

- Export:

Capturar.png

- Import:

Capturar_PNG.png

- For Admins:

Capturar.png

50 minutes ago, Noni said:

Does the xml import / export support adding images to quizes?

I don't really understand how you can support adding images since the XML file is ... just a text file.  It would need to somehow references images (either via URL or in the same upload folder).