On 4/20/2018 at 6:49 PM, liquidfractal said:

I have upgraded my site to 4.3, but the most recent version of Quizzes crashes my site with an IPS-side error 500 (as in an error 500 that doesn't show up on CPanel logs):

error500.thumb.jpg.416545174509a7f541a84739e94e3e3b.jpg

I can confirm this because I disabled all apps and plugins and re-enabled them until I isolated Quizzes.  Disabling Quizzes returns my site to normal.

I had same problem so Quizzes is temporarily disabled.  Can I send you a login to look at? 

2 hours ago, BradTBP said:

I had same problem so Quizzes is temporarily disabled.  Can I send you a login to look at? 

I think @Adriano Faria would be the one to ask about that.  However, I believe he very recently updated Quizzes to fix that problem; he tested it on my site and it got rid of the issue.

Are you running Quizzes 1.3.2?  That fixed it for me.  Upon checking it doesn't look like it's been made available yet, so try making sure you're using the most recent version.

Edited by liquidfractal
6 hours ago, BradTBP said:

1.3.1 fix the issue. 1.3.2 is “beta” yet and has nothing to do with this issue. I can see you downloaded 1.3.0. Update your install. 

Edited by Adriano Faria

Hi @Adriano Faria just purchased and looks like great potential. ?

Unfortunately the quiz is missing background color because I use 3rd party theme, it is very hard to see the content:

quiz-bg-none.thumb.jpg.2f4f5cefc1f1d9b80f576eac115b7cd8.jpg

quiz-q-no-bg.thumb.jpg.d6058b5dd2bd8ee3803641e0cbe8e2ab.jpg

I understand it is third party theme, but the fix is we just need "ipsBox" CSS class added to template. Then it looks good. Can you add it to the templates? Example I did below:

quiz-bg.thumb.jpg.553ce98842192d3a7b7ac307de3966a9.jpg

quiz-q-bg.thumb.jpg.ad6604b9723ee2f66ee9387273244543.jpg

You already added "ipsBox" everywhere else which looks good already:

first-quiz.thumb.jpg.6b935877c16b46dd7da509d359f1cbc8.jpg

Thank you for your consideration.

Edited by Optic14

Sorry, the default theme is the only one supported, otherwise I would have to release a version for each theme out there, which is totally impracticable. So unless you tell me something isn’t working or missing in default theme/CSS, it’s something you have to do in your  custom theme. 

2 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Sorry, the default theme is the only one supported, otherwise I would have to release a version for each theme out there, which is totally impracticable. So unless you tell me something isn’t working or missing in default theme/CSS, it’s something you have to do in your  custom theme. 

I understand and agree that is fair. I am just trying to reduce the number of extra plugin customisations where possible.

The closest IPS page I could  find that matches your quiz question layout is the IPS error page.

As you can see they include CSS class ipsBox as wrapper:

ips-error-page-example.thumb.png.b3255caa2ea6003469c89741d04482b1.png

In your Quizzes question pages, it is missing ipsBox class.

Everywhere else in Quizzes app is OK - as you include ipsBox.

Edited by Optic14
2 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Sorry, the default theme is the only one supported, otherwise I would have to release a version for each theme out there, which is totally impracticable.

I'm struggling to understand why that would be necessary - that's not true at all. Wrapping the content with .ipsBox or .ipsBox_alt would increase compatibility to all themes. As it currently stands, your app technically isn't compatible with the default IPS theme, since changing the background colour of your site (to #333 for example) will make your app unreadable. Surely you'd support a customer if they changed the background colour of their site - this is essentially the same situation, and certainly isn't a 3rd party theme issue.

IPS failed to wrap content in 4.2, however they acknowledged it in the above topic (as did many other customers) and they fixed it in 4.3. Following their lead would be a smart idea for developers if they wish to maintain compatibility across themes. ?

Edited by ehren.

Hi @Adriano Faria

Sorry, I missed one page, the edit quiz page: (?do=edit) is missing ipsBox class

edit-quiz-missing-ipxbox.thumb.png.51b7d80f4c6ba1f89a9143696feab028.png

Secondly, after I updated to the new version - I have issue when option Enable quiz protection? is enabled.

When I enable it, it always terminates the quiz after Question 1 when you submit your answer, no matter which answer I choose. I tested with other members and they get the same issue - we are making sure we don't click outside the browser tab/window.

I will reupload this version in a couple of hours. It was an attempt of make protecting better and it didn’t work. I forgot to remove it.

6 hours ago, Optic14 said:

Sorry, I missed one page, the edit quiz page: (?do=edit) is missing ipsBox class

Edit the quiz has no “template”. It uses the form directly, like all other apps out there. 

Not sure I can do something here. I’ll take a look. 

PLEASE: take a goooood look around; I won’t release a new version per day because a cosmetic thing. 

Thanks for your prompt response.

9 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Edit the quiz has no “template”. It uses the form directly, like all other apps out there.

Yes, it is a form but on default IPS theme when you edit a forum topic it does have ipsBox wrapper - that is form too right?

edit-topic-ipsbox.thumb.png.d30405b989722a9e8e283071fc491cd1.png

5 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

PLEASE: take a goooood look around; I won’t release a new version per day because a cosmetic thing. 

Will do - and sorry I thought I got them all. Am new to the app. 

I have thoroughly checked now, after the above is fixed that will be all of them. Thanks again.

1 minute ago, Optic14 said:

Yes, it is a form but on default IPS theme when you edit a forum topic it does have ipsBox wrapper - that is form too right?

There’s a model for 3rd party resources which isn’t what Forums app uses. Edit a Downloads files, for example, and you will see what I mean.

I’ll take a look anyway, for the last time. If still there’s another page, you will have to wait for a “real” new version. 

Hi @Adriano Faria thanks for the update.

Sorry to be annoying, but I'm having trouble with Leaders Ranking and Submitting a Review for quizzes.

I have Graded Quiz type, and this is the result after I played it:

quiz-2.thumb.png.f5ec791cf538133c2ba3835fe938541e.png

But my result does not appear in Leaders Ranking on the Quiz page:

quiz1.thumb.jpg.b300bb89b06ab46754001e0e20577b1f.jpg

And I can't submit a Review either below:

quiz3.thumb.png.466a91b648e90e30d0dfb2919d587d65.png

What could be wrong?

We tried this with other quizzes and I got other members to try it and they get same result (no Leaders Ranking / can't submit review)

quiz-leader.thumb.png.942fe4557176477788b621048fdc85af.png

Edited by Optic14