1 minute ago, Steph Jensen said:

maybe only display the "create a quiz" inside the categories?

It follows IPS partterns. Forums, for example, works like that.

1 minute ago, Steph Jensen said:

Also, if i only have one category, for all quizes, then the quiz page looks a bit strange with only one box/listing

Same here: if you use grid view in Forums and have only one category, it will look strange.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Everybody loves quizzes. It is not important to store the score for guests.

Quizzes are a magnificent way to engage people.  A way to  get in touch and a way to exist in opposite to social media platform, especially Facebook.

Quizzes for guests a the best thing you can realize.

Edited by mark007

I just realized that anyone can view the right answers after taking the quiz one time.

The option to allow members to play more than 1 time become useless as the second time they already know all the answers. Not good.

Also, I think that it was better when the leaderboard was updated with the latest score... I understand that not everyone likes it that but IMHO it should have been made optional.

7 hours ago, SerialNoob said:

I just realized that anyone can view the right answers after taking the quiz one time

Yes, results screen shows the right answers just like any other known quiz in the world. Anyway, there’s a setting to not show right answers. Disable it in your install. 

7 hours ago, SerialNoob said:

The option to allow members to play more than 1 time become useless as the second time they already know all the answers. Not good.

OBVIOUSLY only the first play is recorded in the leaderboard so he can play thousands of times, their score won’t change. It was very requested on my support board and here in this topic so that won’t change for now. I can add a setting in 4.3 version to keep recording then you simply doesn’t show results.

I can send you a PM with some edit to allow keep recording then you just not show the right answers (setting). Let me know if you’re interested. 

Edited by Adriano Faria
3 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Yes, results screen shows the right answers just like any other known quiz in the world. Anyway, there’s a setting to not show right answers. Disable it in your install. 

Where is that setting please?

3 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

I can send you a PM with some edit to allow keep recording then you just not show the right answers (setting). Let me know if you’re interested. 

Yes, please. 

4 minutes ago, SerialNoob said:

Where is that setting please?

N9o1sbB.png

4 minutes ago, SerialNoob said:

Yes, please. 

Open applications\quizzes\modules\front\quizzes\view.php and find:

if( $this->quiz->type == 'gradeone' AND !$this->quiz->iPlayed() )
				{
					$this->quiz->saveGame( $score, $time );
				}

Change to:

if( $this->quiz->type == 'gradeone' )
				{
					$this->quiz->saveGame( $score, $time );
				}

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2018 at 2:39 PM, SerialNoob said:

I wish I had noticed that before making a quiz with gift cards rewards :rofl: damn cheaters :lol::lol: 

Unfortunately, there is an easy way to deceive the game system on time. Only need to on the last question cross in the same card to the main page of the website or the general address of the quizzes, and then return to the quiz, that just left and play in it from the beginning, but you already know the questions and proposed answers. The protection of the quiz works only when the card is changed, unfortunately it does not protect against the above mentioned way.

In my opinion, the beginning of the quiz for the first time should make it impossible to renew it regardless of the circumstances of quiz exits.