3 hours ago, Joel R said:

[ACP > Quizzes > Settings] Type of Content field = Editor WYSIWYG.  But quiz still uses Textarea.

No thumbnail on quiz listing, even though picture is uploaded.  See screenshot.  

Weird. Both works fine for me:

Capturar.PNG

Anyone else with any of those issues?

Increase maximum questions per quiz.  

It can be any number, actually. I tested with 20. It wasn't good due to my screen resolution, nothing else. I'll increase it.

Minimum answers per question: allow 2.  

Multiple choices coming in a future version.

Allow owner to test, but not count in score

I like it. Next version.

When create question, show as many empty 'answer fields' as allowed by default

Not sure if the "field" used the allows it. Will check.

Check if 'correct' answer is duplicated with 'incorrect' answers.  

It can be done.

I don't really like the IPS steps.  And that should not stop us from creating quizzes with many questions.  

Please think about making your own simple counter (eg. "You are on 2 out of 40 questions.")

That would change EVERYTHING. This is something I really don't want to even think about now. :)

8 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Weird. Both works fine for me:

Let me test again tonight.  

Multiple choices coming in a future version.

To clarify, I mean minimum possible answer choices = 2, but still only 1 correct and 1 incorrect.  (Not multiple answers)  This way, you can do True / False.  I think 3 is minimum right now.  

Not sure if the "field" used the allows it. Will check.

(Just wanted to makes sure you understood request).  To clarify, if category allows 5 answers per question ... then when write question, show 1 empty space for Correct and 4 empty spaces for Incorrect  that I fill in.

Otherwise, I need to "+Add another," and "+Add another," and "+Add another" up to 4 times.  Too many clicks to add empty spaces.  Hope that makes sense

Just now, Joel R said:

(Just wanted to makes sure you understood request).  To clarify, if category allows 5 answers per question ... then when write question, show 1 empty space for Correct and 4 empty spaces for Incorrect  that I fill in.

Otherwise, I need to "+Add another," and "+Add another," and "+Add another" up to 4 times.  Too many clicks to add empty spaces.  Hope that makes sense

Yes, that's how it works. Personally I don't think it's possible and will require IPS to change it in the core but I'll check it anyway.

@Adriano Faria The Quizzes app allows the use of the WYSIWYG editor, however I am wondering if this is enabled only for typing in the quiz description or also for questions and answers. Because here even with this option enabled, questions and anwers must be entered as plaintext.

One feature that is missing is the ability to add an optional image per question, so we can have questions such as "Observe the picture/diagram below, based on it, which is correct to say (...)"

Cheers!

2 hours ago, Gabriel Torres said:

Quizzes app allows the use of the WYSIWYG editor, however I am wondering if this is enabled only for typing in the quiz description or also for questions and answers. Because here even with this option enabled, questions and anwers must be entered as plaintext

Descriptions only as stated in the setting: content field.

2 hours ago, Joel R said:

That's the same bug I found.

That's not a bug; that's how it was designed. It's a text field, not an editor. 

-----

Sorry guys, this (and the steps) won't change, at least so soon. Basically a total rewrite would be required in questions/answers form. It may seems a simple form but a LOT of things runs behind that. This is something I'm really not ready to do right now. 

Images and other quizzes types will come in a future version. 

43 minutes ago, Gabriel Torres said:

Apparently the "Quiz sorting" setting is not working. See attached screenshots. The quizzes are sorted in descending order even when I set it to "ascending".

I'll check it.

I will give a week or so to release a version to fix those issues, unless something big appears.

1 hour ago, Gabriel Torres said:

@Adriano Faria

Apparently the "Quiz sorting" setting is not working. See attached screenshots. The quizzes are sorted in descending order even when I set it to "ascending".

quiz1.png

quiz2.png

My bad. If you don't want to wait for the next version, download and edit applications\quizzes\sources\Category\Category.php. Find:

/**
	 * Get order by
	 * @return	string
	 */
	public function get__sortOrder()
	{
		return $this->csortby;
	}

Change to:

/**
	 * Get order by
	 * @return	string
	 */
	public function get__sortOrder()
	{
		return $this->sortby;
	}

I'll add options to sort by number of QUESTIONS and number of PLAYERS in next version.

On 11/11/2016 at 2:52 AM, Gabriel Torres said:

There are two language strings missing:

perm_quiz_perm__label

Not sure what is the issue here. This lang exists but it is empty indeed. It appears here:

Capturar.png

It is empty in all apps, official and most of 3rd-party apps. See:

Capturar.png

I mean, you can add something there if you wish. Example:

'perm_quiz_perm__label'					=> "Category Permission",

Will result:

Capturar.png

Not necessary, IMO.

On 11/11/2016 at 2:55 AM, Gabriel Torres said:

@Adriano Faria I've just found the second missing string:  quizz_auto_follow

Same for this one. It is empty in all apps, otherwise it will add a text above the checkbox:

'quizz_auto_follow'						=> "SOMETHING",
	'quizz_auto_follow_suffix'				=> "Notify me when other comments are posted",

Results:

Capturar.png

On 11/11/2016 at 2:54 AM, Adam_S said:

- Increase the number of questions from 15 to something a bit higher (maybe 20 or 30)?

On 11/11/2016 at 4:38 AM, Joel R said:

Increase maximum questions per quiz.  

Set to 30. It works with more, as I said. The problem is the screen resolution.

Minimum answers per question: allow 2.  

Done.

Allow owner to test, but not count in score

Done. A message will be shown when the submitter takes the quiz:

Capturar.png

It's a lang bit; you change it in your install. Anyway, I accept suggestions for a better text.

-----------------------------------------

Other suggestions posted in this topic can (and some will) be added in a further version. Those were added now because they don't require some kind of rework/rewrite.

7 hours ago, Gabriel Torres said:

@Adriano Faria I was able to add an image to the question by simply adding the HTML code to the question. It worked fine! See screenshots.

quiz3.png

quiz4.png

That's very nice to know. Haven't tested it like that. :)

6 hours ago, Gabriel Torres said:

@Adriano Faria found a style issue, see screenshot. The title is too close to the image. Thanks! PS: It would also be great to inform the ideal image size somewhere (e.g., below the upload box).

quiz5.png

Weird. Worked fine on my install:

5824b434e1c95_3-QuizView.png.0b5ab89259c

But i'll add some CSS thingy to avoid that and probably some image control, like size and dimensions.

51 minutes ago, Gabriel Torres said:

@Adriano Faria A few tweaks to the main page are necessary, please see the attached screenshot. (I have it set so only admins can see the app while I am still setting it up. As soon as I make it live, I will let you know, so you can see what I am talking about at a live install.)

quiz6.png

Gabriel, I believe your date format is breaking the layout. See how it appears on my live (offline) board:

Capturar.png

Then I changed the date to another year (like yours):

Capturar.png

Below is how it is used on Forums app:

Capturar1.png

They are pretty much the same.

I confirm the submitted date. I'l keep it if the quiz isn't updated. When it is, then I'll show the update date.

Edited by Adriano Faria