When I go in as a Super Moderator, I can hide the quiz, see the quiz while it is hidden, and also unhide the quiz.

As far as I can see, the settings for hiding content for both Test Quiz Master and me as a Super Moderator are the same.

Just adding that additional info hoping it might help diagnose the problem.

Sorry for the confusion. What I should have said was that I have a member group called "Super Mod." I am in that group for day-to-day management of the site. Here are the settings I have for the Super Mod Group, and in this group I can hide and unhide quizzes, and also see the hidden quizzes:

super-mod.thumb.png.527a0466233acd9d3ddee1f0b4903555.png

Here are the settings I have for the Quiz Masters group. "Test Quiz Master" is a member in the Quiz Masters group. While the setting seems to allow "Test Quiz Master" to hide his quiz, as soon as he does, the error message appears, and the quiz disappears. The settings look different here because when I click "Customize" a drop-down list of applications appears, and I have "Quizzes" checked:

test-quiz-master.thumb.png.18270c7378626a9db5bdd8022bdf0a30.png

I hope that makes sense.

Hi Adriano, can you check for this issue please, this error desappear when I desable Quizzes and Classified apps.

SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS * FROM( ( SELECT 'IPS\\forums\\Topic' AS class, forums_topics.tid AS id, GREATEST( IFNULL( forums_topics.last_post, 0 ), IFNULL( forums_topics.last_real_post, 0 ), IFNULL( forums_topics.last_post, 0 ), IFNULL( forums_topics.start_date, 0 )) AS date, forums_topics.starter_id AS author, 10 AS hidden FROM `forums_topics`  LEFT JOIN `forums_forums` ON forums_topics.forum_id=forums_forums.id WHERE forums_forums.collab_id=1 AND forums_topics.forum_id IN(1,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,15,16,17,18,20,21,22,23,25) AND forums_topics.state!='link' ) UNION ( SELECT 'IPS\\gallery\\Album\\Item' AS class, gallery_albums.album_id AS id, GREATEST( IFNULL( gallery_albums.album_last_img_date, 0 ), IFNULL( gallery_albums.album_last_comment, 0 ), IFNULL( gallery_albums.album_last_review, 0 ), IFNULL( gallery_albums.album_last_img_date, 0 )) AS date, gallery_albums.album_owner_id AS author, 10 AS hidden FROM `gallery_albums`  LEFT JOIN `gallery_categories` ON gallery_albums.album_category_id=gallery_categories.category_id WHERE gallery_categories.category_collab_id=1 AND gallery_albums.album_category_id IN(1,3,6) ) UNION ( SELECT 'IPS\\cms\\Records1' AS class, cms_custom_database_1.primary_id_field AS id, GREATEST( IFNULL( cms_custom_database_1.record_last_comment, 0 ), IFNULL( cms_custom_database_1.record_last_comment, 0 ), IFNULL( cms_custom_database_1.record_last_review, 0 ), IFNULL( cms_custom_database_1.record_publish_date, 0 )) AS date, cms_custom_database_1.member_id AS author, 10 AS hidden FROM `cms_custom_database_1`  LEFT JOIN `cms_database_categories` ON cms_custom_database_1.category_id=cms_database_categories.category_id WHERE cms_database_categories.category_collab_id=1 AND cms_custom_database_1.category_id IN(1,4,5,6) ) UNION ( SELECT 'IPS\\blog\\Entry' AS class, blog_entries.entry_id AS id, GREATEST( IFNULL( blog_entries.entry_last_update, 0 ), IFNULL( blog_entries.entry_last_update, 0 ), IFNULL( blog_entries.entry_date, 0 )) AS date, blog_entries.entry_author_id AS author, 10 AS hidden FROM `blog_entries`  LEFT JOIN `blog_blogs` ON blog_entries.entry_blog_id=blog_blogs.blog_id WHERE blog_blogs.blog_collab_id=1 ) UNION ( SELECT 'IPS\\calendar\\Event' AS class, calendar_events.event_id AS id, GREATEST( IFNULL( calendar_events.event_lastupdated, 0 ), IFNULL( calendar_events.event_last_comment, 0 ), IFNULL( calendar_events.event_last_review, 0 ), IFNULL( calendar_events.event_saved, 0 )) AS date, calendar_events.event_member_id AS author, 10 AS hidden FROM `calendar_events`  LEFT JOIN `calendar_calendars` ON calendar_events.event_calendar_id=calendar_calendars.cal_id WHERE calendar_calendars.cal_collab_id=1 AND calendar_events.event_calendar_id IN(1) ) UNION ( SELECT 'IPS\\downloads\\File' AS class, downloads_files.file_id AS id, GREATEST( IFNULL( downloads_files.file_updated, 0 ), IFNULL( downloads_files.file_last_comment, 0 ), IFNULL( downloads_files.file_last_review, 0 ), IFNULL( downloads_files.file_submitted, 0 )) AS date, downloads_files.file_submitter AS author, 10 AS hidden FROM `downloads_files`  LEFT JOIN `downloads_categories` ON downloads_files.file_cat=downloads_categories.cid WHERE downloads_categories.ccollab_id=1 AND downloads_files.file_cat IN(1) ) UNION ( SELECT 'IPS\\quizzes\\Quiz' AS class, quizzes_quizzes.quizz_id AS id, GREATEST( IFNULL( quizzes_quizzes.quizz_updated, 0 ), IFNULL( quizzes_quizzes.quizz_last_comment, 0 ), IFNULL( quizzes_quizzes.quizz_last_review, 0 ), IFNULL( quizzes_quizzes.quizz_submitted, 0 )) AS date, quizzes_quizzes.quizz_mid AS author, 10 AS hidden FROM `quizzes_quizzes`  LEFT JOIN `quizzes_categories` ON quizzes_quizzes.quizz_cat=quizzes_categories.q_cid WHERE quizzes_categories.q_ccollab_id=1 AND quizzes_quizzes.quizz_cat=0 )) derivedTable  ORDER BY date DESC LIMIT 0,1
IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column 'quizzes_categories.q_ccollab_id' in 'where clause' (1054)
#0 /var/www/html/r276798/system/Db/Select.php(371): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\collab\\_C...', Array, true)
#1 /var/www/html/r276798/system/Db/Select.php(433): IPS\Db\_Select->runQuery()
#2 /var/www/html/r276798/applications/collab/sources/Collab/Collab.php(911): IPS\Db\_Select->rewind()
#3 /var/www/html/r276798/system/Theme/Theme.php(809) : eval()'d code(2989): IPS\collab\_Collab->getLatestContent(1)
#4 /var/www/html/r276798/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(56): IPS\Theme\class_collab_front_components->collabRow(Object(IPS\Helpers\Table\Content), Array, Array)
#5 /var/www/html/r276798/system/Theme/Theme.php(809) : eval()'d code(681): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('collabRow', Array)
#6 /var/www/html/r276798/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(56): IPS\Theme\class_collab_front_components->categoryTable(Object(IPS\Helpers\Table\Content), Array, Array, NULL, true)
#7 [internal function]: IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('categoryTable', Array)
#8 /var/www/html/r276798/system/Helpers/Table/Table.php(543): call_user_func(Array, Object(IPS\Helpers\Table\Content), Array, Array, NULL, true)
#9 /var/www/html/r276798/system/Theme/Theme.php(809) : eval()'d code(70): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Table->__toString()
#10 /var/www/html/r276798/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(56): IPS\Theme\class_collab_front_layouts->category(Object(IPS\collab\Category), Object(IPS\Helpers\Table\Content))
#11 /var/www/html/r276798/applications/collab/modules/front/collab/categories.php(236): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('category', Array)
#12 /var/www/html/r276798/applications/collab/modules/front/collab/categories.php(53): IPS\collab\modules\front\collab\_categories->_category(Object(IPS\collab\Category))
#13 /var/www/html/r276798/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\collab\modules\front\collab\_categories->manage()
#14 /var/www/html/r276798/applications/collab/modules/front/collab/categories.php(25): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#15 /var/www/html/r276798/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\collab\modules\front\collab\_categories->execute()
#16 /var/www/html/r276798/index.php(12): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#17 {main}

1 minute ago, kmk said:

can you check for this issue please, this error desappear when I desable Quizzes and Classified apps

You probably have a custom edit in the app:

Unknown column 'quizzes_categories.q_ccollab_id' in 'where clause'

Judging by its name, it's something related to Group Collaboration, which isn't part of the app, thus unsupported. I suggest you to re upload all quizzes unmodified files in order to get support. 

10 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Will it work well with just one question?  I want to implement a question of the day feature.

No. Mininum questions is 3, otherwise it's not a quiz; it's a TIP OF THE DAY. Let me know if you want me to tell you how you edit your install to make it accept only one question.

After the user answers the question, is there a page that I can create to show them the correct answer and the rational for that answer?

No. After complete the quiz, a RESULT page is displayed with questions, right and wrong asnwers.

Edited by Adriano Faria
35 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

No. Mininum questions is 3, otherwise it's not a quiz; it's a TIP OF THE DAY. Let me know if you want me to tell you how you edit your install to make it accept only one question.

No. After complete the quiz, a RESULT page is displayed with questions, right and wrong asnwers.

Thanks, after I install I'll ask how toy get it to show only one question, or feel free to post it or PM it when it works for you.

When the right and wrong answers are shown, is there and rational that is listed?

1 minute ago, Square Wheels said:

I install I'll ask how toy get it to show only one question, or feel free to post it or PM it when it works for you.

I can change that in the app... honestly, all admins may use it as they want. Not a big deal. I'll decrease it to one 1 question in next version.

1 minute ago, Square Wheels said:

When the right and wrong answers are shown, is there and rational that is listed?

This is the result screen:

58518d92360dc_10-Results.png.648282ab35d

On 14/08/2017 at 2:53 PM, Bendensin said:

Sorry for the confusion. What I should have said was that I have a member group called "Super Mod." I am in that group for day-to-day management of the site. Here are the settings I have for the Super Mod Group, and in this group I can hide and unhide quizzes, and also see the hidden quizzes:

super-mod.thumb.png.527a0466233acd9d3ddee1f0b4903555.png

Here are the settings I have for the Quiz Masters group. "Test Quiz Master" is a member in the Quiz Masters group. While the setting seems to allow "Test Quiz Master" to hide his quiz, as soon as he does, the error message appears, and the quiz disappears. The settings look different here because when I click "Customize" a drop-down list of applications appears, and I have "Quizzes" checked:

test-quiz-master.thumb.png.18270c7378626a9db5bdd8022bdf0a30.png

I hope that makes sense.

Hi there, just tested this on Downloads and Pages (articles) and the same happens:

Capturar.png

Capturar1.png

Probably will happen in all other apps too, so this is a not a bug in the Quizzes app since this is a Core thing. But I believe the user can only HIDE it and not view it, since this is a moderator permission.

I will report this a bug and will post here when I got some reply.

Edited by Adriano Faria
35 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

I will report this a bug and will post here when I got some reply.

@Bendensin, Charles just replied and it is like I thought:

BUG_REPORT_Group_setting_can_hide_own_co

You can hide but you need moderator permisison to view, so that's not a bug.

You are free to post a feedback to IPS so they change it in a future version: https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/forum/499-feedback-and-ideas/

15 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Can I not have an image with each quiz?

Not sure what you mean. You have an upload field in the quiz post screen. 

15 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Really long questions scroll left / right when reviewing the score at the end.  Is that intended?

I never used "really long" questions. Show a screenshot.

7 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Not sure what you mean. You have an upload field in the quiz post screen. 

I'd prefer not to have an icon for each quiz.  Also, the one with the blood drop, I tried to edit it and delete the image, I could not.  I clicked save, but the image remained.

5996154f71d94_quizimage.thumb.png.913875312c81e65c9dc15e3f1e04fbb4.png

8 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

I never used "really long" questions. Show a screenshot.

This scrolls really far to the right.

scroll.thumb.png.e37810bf964f362298c85c1f4a098c23.png

3 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

'Id prefer not to have an icon for each quiz. 

Sorry, that won't change. It is like that since version 1.0.0 and it is used in a bunch of other places, like search, activity streams, notifications, topic, etc.

It's just a template anyway. You can change yours in your ACP to fit your need. 

5 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Also, the one with the blood drop, I tried to edit it and delete the image, I could not.  I clicked save, but the image remained.

I'll need to test this. 

Doesn't happen in the test I've made and I already used long questions, which would add lines below, like the screenshot below:

58518d92360dc_10-Results.png.648282ab35d

Anyway, can't do much today as I'm on a mobile device now. 

I'll test both tomorrow in the morning. 

13 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Also, the one with the blood drop, I tried to edit it and delete the image, I could not.  I clicked save, but the image remained.

Had to add a new option in the form:

Capturar.png

That won't save an image/will remove the existing one.

13 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

True. That broke somehow in 4.2. Fixed:

Capturar1.png

Capturar2.png

11 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

If you are looking for suggestions, for the timed quiz, maybe make the timer smaller, an icon on the top maybe?  It currently takes up most of the screen, significantly more than the actual quiz does.  Since this is a quiz system, I feel most of the screen should be the actual quiz.

I will give you a couple of days to test the app more then I'll update it... in the meantime, I'll see what I can do regarding above.

3 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

I will give you a couple of days to test the app more then I'll update it... in the meantime, I'll see what I can do regarding above.

Thank you, and sorry for being "needy".  I am excited about using this on my site.

I currently participate in a question of the day on another site.  They are using a custom app for their question, but I really like it.

I'd prefer the clock to be smaller as I mentioned, or even better, optional.  If I'm only doing one or two questions, I don't see the utility in a clock, but I want people to get scored.

I also want them to be able to learn from their test.  With the untimed test I can offer explanations to them as to what the correct answer was, but they don't get a score saved.  With the timed test, I can't offer an explanation, but they get a score.

Here is what the questions and then answers look like for the quiz I just took.  I am not trying to recreate this, but really like its design.  The question and answer take up most of the screen.  Just a thought if you were to make modifications in the future.

Question.thumb.png.eb97b48bf382b9374c536ce99f5b5523.pngAnswer.thumb.png.c437797d98c286bf9064758b885bf96a.png

Thanks!