CleanTalk.org

iacas

For the past few days, based on comments in another topic, I've been using CleanTalk.org to help filter spam.

Overall, it's been pretty great, and I strongly recommend it.

The Pros:

• It's greatly reduced the amount of time my moderators need to spend working and moderating posts, users, etc. by flagging them as spammers, issuing warnings, etc.
  • It stops posts as well as registrations.
  • It has a relatively simple interface that lets you mark things as NOT spam.
  • I haven't seen any false positives yet. Those, as you can imagine, are MUCH worse than false negatives as real users can get upset.
  • You can block entire countries from posting and/or registering.
  • Their database seems to be fairly large and/or complete, resulting in high accuracy.
  • I haven't noticed any slowdown of posts.
  • It's pretty darn inexpensive.
  • Established members don't seem to have their posts vetted. That's good.
  • I'm able to remove CAPTCHAs and other things that reduce the odds of a valid user registering and posting.

The Cons:

• The first night, I got a 502 Gateway error every other or third time I loaded up the log. This hasn't happened since.
  • There's not as much transparency as I'd like. I don't even know right now how many posts a user has to make before they're considered established and their posts aren't scanned.
  • https://community.cleantalk.org/index.php Their forum isn't particularly busy. Which could be seen as a good thing…

Thanks! We do our best to keep spammers away.

• The first night, I got a 502 Gateway error every other or third time I loaded up the log. This hasn't happened since.

Resolved 2 days ago. Please check the Dashboard and Log again,

http://cleantalk.org/my

17 hours ago, iacas said:

There's not as much transparency as I'd like. I don't even know right now how many posts a user has to make before they're considered established and their posts aren't scanned.

The hook checks every post for a member until the member has 3 approved posts.

17 hours ago, iacas said:

Thanks. We are going to do some changes to "activate" the community.

14 hours ago, CleanTalk said:

Thanks! We do our best to keep spammers away.

Resolved 2 days ago. Please check the Dashboard and Log again,

http://cleantalk.org/my

The hook checks every post for a member until the member has 3 approved posts.

Thanks. We are going to do some changes to "activate" the community.

I don't use CleanTalk myself but I wanted to take a moment and express my appreciation that a third-party vendor like yourself maintains direct interaction on the IPS support site.  That reflects very highly of you.

Archived