Inactive Members & Real Last Activity Supporttopic

14 hours ago, Cyboman said:

Works as described! :) 

One feature addon:

If I use the email variable {suite_url} in email texts and I try to link the {suite_url} text to {suite_url} (=will be inserted as link), I get the following link in the preview email:

http://%7bsuite_url%7d%20/

Is this only in preview? I think it doesn't parse the variable as soon as it is used in links.

This sounds like a bug.  I can't test this right now, but I've posted this to our bugtracker to not forget about it https://addons.invisionzone.com/projects/item/432-url-email-variable/ 

I have rules with 3, 8, 15... days of inactivity to send out e-mails.

In the new Inactive Members Logs I'm experiencing the following issues:

• Triggered Rule 3 & 8 both listed for the same member on the same day BUT at different times (=2 log entries on same day)
  • Triggered Rule 3 listed for the same member twice on the same day AND at same time (=duplicate log entry or duplicate email?)
  • Triggered Rule 8 listed for the same member twice on the same day AND at same time (=duplicate log entry or duplicate email?)
  • Triggered Rule 3 for a "nameless member" (=no member name), twice at the same time (=no existing member)

I haven't asked my members who received 2 emails at once so far, but I will observe it.

Edited by Cyboman
  • 3 weeks later...
On 21.7.2017 at 6:47 PM, Cyboman said:

Works as described! :) 

One feature addon:

If I use the email variable {suite_url} in email texts and I try to link the {suite_url} text to {suite_url} (=will be inserted as link), I get the following link in the preview email:

http://%7bsuite_url%7d%20/

Is this only in preview? I think it doesn't parse the variable as soon as it is used in links.

Are you still seeing this? It works fine for me

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Fosters

Love the app, however i'm having some weird issues with the tasks running on the back end.  I've got multiple tasks that have started and are running but aren't completing for the Inactive Members app.  Can you assist on clearing these out and getting it working?

Thanks

Adam

2017-08-29 14_25_09-Dashboard.jpg

46 minutes ago, Adam_S said:

Hi @Fosters

Love the app, however i'm having some weird issues with the tasks running on the back end.  I've got multiple tasks that have started and are running but aren't completing for the Inactive Members app.  Can you assist on clearing these out and getting it working?

Thanks

Adam

2017-08-29 14_25_09-Dashboard.jpg

Could I please get a PM with acp access details to take a look at this 

• 2 weeks later...

59bb297d83073_FostersFlashSale.png.e311ce0696894a2fed03eb8a38ba2f62.png

Awesome news!  

Our "Inactive Members" is featured on the homepage of the IPS Marketplace!  Many thanks to @AndyF of the IPS Marketplace for featuring one of our files.  And that means ... this app's price is slashed for a flash sale!!  

59bb29f7d5537_2017.0914InactiveMembersFeaturedonMarketplace.thumb.JPG.ee2e8d16a734b8194cb95f9767a8e83d.JPG

As a special "thank you" to our clients and in support of the amazing IPS community, we're running a 25% flash sale on the file for a limited time, so pick up a copy!  This will be the lowest discount you will ever see, so Buy Now >>

Get your copy in our Flash Sale as a token of our appreciation to the IPS Marketplace!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for this useful application @Fosters but is it supposed to send out inactive emails more than once? I’ve set it to 7 days and it’s since sent out the email twice in 12 hours to the same people. Is this a bug with the log or is it actually emailing twice? I don’t want to spam peoples’ inboxes. 

5 minutes ago, WG Mojo said:

Thanks for this useful application @Fosters but is it supposed to send out inactive emails more than once? I’ve set it to 7 days and it’s since sent out the email twice in 12 hours to the same people. Is this a bug with the log or is it actually emailing twice? I don’t want to spam peoples’ inboxes. 

It doesn't sendout multiple times though showing as if: the logs still don't work properly. Already told me to investigate after ACP access. :) 

Reported here:

On 19/10/2017 at 1:50 AM, WG Mojo said:

On 19/10/2017 at 3:38 AM, DSystem said:

This application leaves the tasks of the forum congested. It must be because of the large number of members I have.

Would you like to reduce the number of emails that he sends in each process?

Tasks.thumb.png.0d9cc9b316e15eed97d8b11029d65bf0.png

I'm having the same issue as these two people as well.  My users are getting spammed with multiple emails in a short period in time, even though i have it set to 1 week, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, and 1 year.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 23/10/2017 at 1:18 AM, Adam_S said:

I'm having the same issue as these two people as well.  My users are getting spammed with multiple emails in a short period in time, even though i have it set to 1 week, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, and 1 year.

I am getting this aswell.

James

Is there away to clear the log?

James

1 hour ago, Legion of Honor said:

@Fosters

I get this error when I try to install it: 

5a5d240151a56_Screenshot-2018-1-15Sorryyoudonothavepermissionforthat.thumb.png.6b991d91660e8c65e85bde23d10cb7c7.png

Never mind, I had to remove the old version before installing the new version.  Thanks anyways :D

I'm glad you were able to resolve your issue.  Just curious, do you know from what prior version you were upgrading?  

1 hour ago, Legion of Honor said:

@Fosters  It worked with 3.4.7 so it had to be 1.4.1-3 or later I think, thats all I could find in my previous 3.4.7 install upgrade folder on my desktop.

hope it helped

Jim

Hi Jim, to make sure I understand, were you trying to install on IPB 3.4.7?  I'm confused by your reference to 3.4.7.

FostersJ

Edited by Fosters

Hi, Im using the latest version from IPS and I have installed this application version 1.2.3 and it installed properly I guess.  I created a new usergroup called Awol-Inactive and that is where I want to move those selected in my rule called Purge 1 to.  Nothing seems to be happening.  In the images below you can see how I set it up but basically I want to move any member not protected and has not had any activity in the past 365 days.  I am not sending any sort of email. 

Im sure that Im doing something wrong but would like some guidance.  I can provide ACP access if desired.

I think, as shown in image #2, that I may be targeting an empty membergroup but this is where it is confusing me.  "Action" I get but if I dont Target Membergoup the way that I have selected then I see no option for sending those to be moved to the membergroup that I desire to send them to.

Thanks

inact1.thumb.PNG.f929908c67d5769bb0c5a052bdcad67f.PNG

inact2.thumb.PNG.5266ddee45fc9c06056ad290f33f95fe.PNG

inact3.thumb.PNG.c3881e484fc5e4616b59bc0f0a22255f.PNG

inact4.thumb.PNG.e857874c3e57674cf73627ad3dd4598e.PNG

Edited by Steve-Ray
added info