(NB41) My Football

4 hours ago, Keviee. said:

Hello Newbie, 

I am planning to use this app for my none-football tournaments. They consist of both League based tournaments and play-offs brackets. Will there be in the future a play-off brackets based structure? 

Examples: 16 players or teams 

Also, can league tables get embedded to topics? (suggestion if not, show first 3 places and "Click to see full table).  

Hello,

No and no.

This is not tournaments/brackets.

You can embed in content only fixtures.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

Hi,

I have just installed the latest update and it caused my admin area to go completely blank and also the front end completely blank

I have got site back online by renaming the football folder to something else via ftp

Any ideas why it is doing this?

Hello,

Check error logs.

I can't reproduce.

Hi,

Have hit a couple of issues / queries

1 - Do  I have to manually create every league and walking football team name first in the admin acp so people have a list to pick one from?

It would be great if the club owners could create their own league & team names as there are new walking football leagues starting all the time.

---------------------------------

2 - I can't see how to get the clubs have the league table they are members of displayed in their club - Is there something I can do so this happens automatically?

It would be great to make the process as seamless and easy as possible for the members as most of them are not tech savvy.

----------------------------------------------

3 - Also when I try to edit a fixture I get this error message

Error: Call to a member function customFixturesLeague() on null (0)
#0 /home/websitepath/system/Content/Item.php(121): IPS\football\_Fixture::formElements(Object(IPS\football\Fixture), Object(IPS\football\League))
#1 [internal function]: IPS\Content\_Item::buildCreateForm(Object(IPS\football\League), Object(IPS\football\Fixture))
#2 /websitepath/init.php(448) : eval()'d code(22): call_user_func_array('parent::buildCr...', Array)
#3 /home/websitepath/public_html/system/Content/Item.php(153): IPS\Content\hook485::buildCreateForm(Object(IPS\football\League), Object(IPS\football\Fixture))
#4 /home/websitepath/public_html/system/Content/Controller.php(387): IPS\Content\_Item->buildEditForm()
#5 /home/websitepath/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\Content\_Controller->edit()
#6 [internal function]: IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/websitepath/public_html/init.php(448) : eval()'d code(14): call_user_func_array('parent::execute', Array)
#8 /home/websitepath/public_html/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\hook26->execute()
#9 /home/websitepath/public_html/applications/football/modules/front/fixtures/fixture.php(48): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#10 /home/websitepath/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\football\modules\front\fixtures\_fixture->execute()
#11 /home/websitepath/public_html/index.php(12): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#12 {main}

thanks

leagues-1.jpg

Hello,

14 hours ago, Unlucky said:

1 - Do  I have to manually create every league and walking football team name first in the admin acp so people have a list to pick one from?

Yes, on ACP only

2 - I can't see how to get the clubs have the league table they are members of displayed in their club - Is there something I can do so this happens automatically?

Not sure what you mean. League table is a widget.

3 - Also when I try to edit a fixture I get this error message

I have an access to files on your  forum. So I fixed the bug.

For others quick fix

Open applications/football/sources/Fixture/Fixture.php

Find (line 505)

if ($league and !$leagues[$league]->customFixturesLeague())

change to 

if ($league and isset($leagues[$league]) and !$leagues[$league]->customFixturesLeague())

Hi,

We are testing this out in clubs now

In the ACP I have created a hierarchy of folders with Country - Year - League as per screenshot

football-1.thumb.jpg.3ae74a297afc4a375bef1026d42dd98c.jpg

But when a club owner goes to create a fixture he just gets a long list of teams and all leagues + all years as per screenshot below

football-2.thumb.jpg.93aad5ce6a01921b0f88e5d0916d6cc4.jpg

We are now working with several of the regional FA's here in the UK who are starting up walking football leagues in their counties and these leagues only run for several months at a time, plus they can have possibly two leagues running in the same year such as January - May and then again August to December.

Is there anything that can be done to stop all the teams appearing in one long list like the screenshot above?

When all leagues and teams have been added in the ACP, that list will get incredibly difficult to navigate on pc screen and even worse on a mobile device when one of our club owners tries to add a new fixture?

I also don't know how to configure a league in the acp so it stops club owners adding new fixtures when the league season comes to a finish.

We have no idea if any of the above is achievable or not, or if it could be done as a custom job?

Thanks

Hello,

11 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

Is there anything that can be done to stop all the teams appearing in one long list like the screenshot above?

I can rework this. Make like a selector in "Tables" widget (collapsed leagues with teams)

11 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

I also don't know how to configure a league in the acp so it stops club owners adding new fixtures when the league season comes to a finish.

There is no setting for this.

Edited by newbie LAC

Would it be able to collapse the folder levels?

So club owner would

Select >> UK Leagues

then >>>2017

then  >>> Staffs Over 50 League 2017

then  >>>>Team name

That should work if they can drill down like that as  I can always then add more folder levels if it spirals out of control with new leagues being started.

Would it be able to collapse the folder levels?

That should work if they can drill down like that as  I can always then add more folder levels if it spirals out of control with new leagues being started.

Hello,

I have new idea.

New setting on ACP where you can choose between 3 types:

- Teams list

- Collapsed leagues

- User input with autocomplete

Hi,

There are already 960+ teams in the UK so the team list would be very long. New teams are appearing weekly so that figure is rising.

Some of those teams just play friendlies at the moment whilst the others will be involved in the leagues.

-----

Again with Collapsed leagues, the list would be very long especially with multiple league seasons and spread across the world.

Most leagues are in the UK, but there are leagues in Europe and even the USA will be starting up leagues in the next 12 months

---

Not sure how the auto complete would work when they need to pick a specific team, in specific league, in specific year, but if that is intuitive then maybe the solution.

Having had a think about this, there might be a quick fix, if it is doable?

Rather than worrying about all the league back end,

If the the club owner went to the add fixture screen as below

football-3.thumb.jpg.c91b4e88ae651419701182d19c330bfd.jpg

And the league & radio buttons was taken off the form.

The user could simply add the two team names as he currently can in that screenshot above.

To make it a bit more fancy could you add an option to select if it is a friendly or a league fixture

And if it is a league fixture could the club owner type in the name of the league themselves same as they do for the team names?

I think that would work quite well and be sufficient for club owners to have a record of their upcoming fixtures and played fixtures

What do you think?

Hello,

20 hours ago, Unlucky said:

Not sure how the auto complete would work when they need to pick a specific team, in specific league, in specific year, but if that is intuitive then maybe the solution.

NMUn27OcJ0.gif

9 hours ago, Pete T said:

two items first one it could me being picky but the team sidebar is there option have removed ?

The display of the sidebar depends on the setting "Team's cats location"

9 hours ago, Pete T said:

as see my screenshot be nice have as widget vs there all the time, the next one is the fixtures would not be best have the logo each side 

Do you want move 2nd logo to the right side?

57 minutes ago, newbie LAC said:

Hello,

NMUn27OcJ0.gif

The display of the sidebar depends on the setting "Team's cats location"

Do you want move 2nd logo to the right side?

Yeah correct so logo 1 left with teams playing in centre then right logo 2 look very nice then 

52 minutes ago, Pete T said:

could be due logos to far away from text but looks better vs two logs next to each other

You can always change the template :)

On 15.08.2017 at 6:38 PM, Unlucky said:

I added 2 fields on ACP on create/edit league screen.

- start date

- end date

Users can create/edit fixtures between these dates only. Of course these settings are optional.

But I don't know how this prevent create fixtures in the clubs. This only exclude leagues from select field.

Edited by newbie LAC