Quick Title Edit

Gabriel Torres

Thanks Daniel for the explaining video. Works fine on a computer! however, not on a smartophone (the long press is bypassed by the smartphone OS). I would have prefered an action in the "Moderation Actions" dropdown menu, but that's a very minor thing, we can live with it!

• 2 years later...

Recently I bought a forum which also had this "quick title edit" plugin, which works great and just as SRFA, the moderators on my forum mostly use their mobile phone when moderating.

Therefore the edit title function from the Core software doesn't work and would love to be able to use your plugin on another forum as well.

I can see the plugin in folder "plugins/quicktitleedit", but simply uploading that folder to my new forum doesn't do anything.

It would be great if you can send me the plugin you made for this so my moderators can continue to work on their mobile phones.

Thanks.

Is it correct that the old plugin also works when uploading the files to the plugin directory AND copy/paste the hooks into the new hooks.php on my other forum?

It looks to be working, but not sure if it is missing something critical.

Thanks.

OK, so that doesn't work, as it gets overwritten when uploading other plugins.

Then I go back to my original request, can you please make the "Quick Title Edit.xml" plugin available again?

Thanks once again.

• 5 months later...
On 11/29/2016 at 9:33 PM, Charles said:

This will be standard in 4.1.18.

@Charlesthe new addition to edit the post title directly by holding the left mouse is awesome. It seems that there is a bug though. Where should I report it?

I have problems using the Search function and this addition.

• When I use titles with a special characters like / the posts title will not appear in the search results
  • I have titles like EUR/USD updates, AUD/USD updates... using the / in the middle of the word. I need those. Well, if I edit the post by holding the left mouse over the title, the newly updated title EURUSD updates and AUDUSD updates will not come up either 🙂
  • If I edit the title using the EDIT button under the first post, the new edited title without the / WILL appear in the search results

It seems that editing the tittle directly will not update something somewhere in the database (don't know what).

I've tested this with more than 10 posts and the result is the same. Once I edit the post tilt with the EDIT button under the first post, the new title without the / will appear in the search results. If I edit the title directly, it will not.

Can this bug be reported? I am using 4.5.4

Thanks a lot