Quick Title Edit

Gabriel Torres

@Gabriel Torres  I asked support how to edit a title from within the post, and it was pointed out to me that editing the first post allows you to edit the title. Not ideal but reasonable.

I'd prefer to see the "Edit title" option in the "Moderation Actions" dropdown menu, rather than another hidden click + hold option (which our moderators didn't discover until we found out about it accidentally and let them know). The other inconvenient side effect of this hold + click option (other than poor discoverability) is that when used in the forum section, right-clicking to copy a thread URL causes the title field to be inadvertently made editable. 

@Adriano Faria The only "problem" with this plugin is that it bypasses the Rules we have to send out a PM to the post author whenever a moderator edits the post. So, using "the long" method the post author is notified via PM that his post was edit, whereas using your "quick method" the user doesn't get any notification. Is there any way to improve that? Many thanks.

No. What I did and you're call "quick method" is add a textbox, update title and seo title, add to mod log, handle search index, etc., exactly what the edit() method does ("the long" way, I guess).

This is made to work alone. It has nothing to do with any other resource. Honestly, I don't even think about in this or any other 3rd party resource when I start something. If everytime I want to do something like this (that I really don't need to), I need to worry if someone is using a "rule" or something, then I have 2 options:

1 - I do and it's up to the user decide if will use it;

2 - do not do it.

Meanwhile I stand with #1. it was just 10 min to rest my head from issues in other ressources.

Don't get me wrong; not being rude.

Edited by Adriano Faria

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...