Call to Action Popup

7 hours ago, Gabriel Torres said:

@BomAle thank for the plugin; I was looking for something like this for quite a while now. Questions:

1. Can we configure which usergroups will see the message?

2. How often the message will be displayed for each user?

Thanks.

1. Not currently but I will add this feature in the next version

2. When close browser the cookie is removed for guests while for registered members is hidden until you re-edit the message from the admincp.

5 hours ago, PK E 12 said:

if we can make it so where it will pop up  anche when someone hasn't refreshed the forums would be DOPE and also have it set to what groups that you want to see it. Thank you @BomAle for the nice plug in though! :)

Thanks you for purchase it :thumbsup:

Edited by BomAle
On 26/10/2016 at 4:07 AM, Joey_M said:

Would you consider adding a setting which will allow us to control where the popup is displayed?

i.e only show on the community index page, topics, etc

edit_10002.pngIn progress, I will add also:

• Some template for popup with ability to custom inside editor (if possible) or a button for live preview.
  • Display options: show after x seconds, when scroll down (%), exit page, autoclose after x seconds, transitions, button for close...
  • Remove database column from core_members and replace it with cookie (like a guest), this avoid ajax call when close dialog (performance improvement, but a ugly idea for who would remember the choise).
Edited by BomAle
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Ohio Guns said:

Mine is displaying all text centered for some reason. Any idea how to fix?

Thanks for purchase, i leave the steps to fix it:

1. Download the .xml file
  2. Edit .xml file, find text "ipsType_center" and remove.
  3. Save and upload into plugins module on AdminCP (I will send you on PM the xml with this edit)
On 11/11/2016 at 8:10 PM, Ohio Guns said:

Just wondering how this is triggered. On the default theme this works fantastic with no problems. However I have a theme from ThemeTree installed and it doesn't not appear to function properly there. I'm assuming its missing the code its looking for to inject the popup code.

sorry for delay, what is the theme in object? to work it must include selector "#elContent" at least.

send me a pm if you would leave me demo link o other details :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/03/2017 at 10:58 PM, BomAle said:

I have added some feature... and tomorrow i will release it :thumbsup:

I'm keeping close tabs on this BomAle, will purchase for sure when the additional features are implemented - I have plans this may help with attracting readers of my sites articles to join up.

On 27.10.2016 at 4:10 AM, BomAle said:

edit_10002.pngIn progress, I will add also:

• Some template for popup with ability to custom inside editor (if possible) or a button for live preview.
  • Display options: show after x seconds, when scroll down (%), exit page, autoclose after x seconds, transitions, button for close...
  • Remove database column from core_members and replace it with cookie (like a guest), this avoid ajax call when close dialog (performance improvement, but a ugly idea for who would remember the choise).

I dont see these tabs, where I can find?

• 4 weeks later...

v1.0.2 Beta 1

• Preview button on AdminCP
  • Popup, title content close close on click, position & align, size, class name, animation in/out, message with ckeditor, template, last edit
  • Modal, show & animations
  • Rules, groups restriction & cookie remember
    • Display when: scroll down (%,px) exit wait open on click
    • Display where: referer & location
  • Documentation, initial state

some fix: removed bacalltoactionpopup column from core_members

upcoming for 1.0.2: complete documentation with demos, add new transitions, pre-made template, your suggestions

todo: improve ajax expirience, automatic check update.

Know BUG: when try to save template edit inside the popup settings on AdminCP it return old value.

FIX:

edit into ips.ui.form.js line 154-159

_cmInstances[ elemId ]  = CodeMirror.fromTextArea( document.getElementById(elemId), { 
   mode: $(elem).attr('data-mode'),
   lineWrapping: true,
   lineNumbers: false,
   leaveSubmitMethodAlone: true
} );

Edited by BomAle