Custom Language Strings - Supporttopic

Fosters

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

HI @Fosters

Found a weird bug here.

We have the Spam Prevention > Question and Answer challenge feature enabled for some time now, but today I noticed that in the ACP, the titles of each question are not being displayed in the list, even though the questions themselves are working fine. Please refer to the screenshots below to understand what I am talking about:

qanda1.thumb.png.f72508e26536b1b1ff96bfe13e03dfed.png

qanda2.thumb.png.7252eaf60d979c0d3e5ffcff0e167298.png

I got in touch with IPS support department, and they detected that your app is causing the issue:

Hello.

You had a 3rd-party applications which was causing the problem in some manner, though I cannot tell how. it was this one:

image.png

With that application enabled, when you edited the Q&A entry, it was only showing one line for the question, with no language identifier, rather than one line per language pack.

I disabled that app, and then edited each Q&A entry. When I did, then two lines appeared for the question, one for English and one for Portuguese. Simply saving the entry then showed the questions properly on the Q&A overview main screen.

I enabled the application again, and the questions are still showing correctly, and if edited again, they properly show with one line for English and one for Portuguese.

You may wish to alert the developer of that application about this odd behavior.

So, you will need to take an in-depth look at this.

Thank you in advance!

On 7/5/2019 at 8:28 PM, Gabriel Torres said:

HI @Fosters

Found a weird bug here.

We have the Spam Prevention > Question and Answer challenge feature enabled for some time now, but today I noticed that in the ACP, the titles of each question are not being displayed in the list, even though the questions themselves are working fine. Please refer to the screenshots below to understand what I am talking about:

qanda1.thumb.png.f72508e26536b1b1ff96bfe13e03dfed.png

qanda2.thumb.png.7252eaf60d979c0d3e5ffcff0e167298.png

I got in touch with IPS support department, and they detected that your app is causing the issue:

So, you will need to take an in-depth look at this.

Thank you in advance!

Sorry for the delay, I'll look into this today.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm on 4.4.4 and manually running my tasks because my site is offline, so I don't have visitor traffic. I've just run the task updatecheck and received the following message:

The task ran successfully and produced the following output:

Custom Language Strings: Response is missing a required field

I don't know whether this is of any use to you.

Archived