Referrals - Support topic

• 2 months later...
On 13.3.2017 at 0:12 AM, MGeek said:

1. To add to the user panel to the left of the notifications icon, when clicked shows a window with the referral link

Could you please clarify where you want to see what exactly? I'm sorry, but I don't get what you exactly mean :(

12 minutes ago, fosters said:

Could you please clarify where you want to see what exactly? I'm sorry, but I don't get what you exactly mean :(

add icon in the user bar. Clicking on the icon, a window appears to copy the referral link. Now link must go to your account settings, and so will be faster.

example:

2017-03-19_18-29-00.png.3496a572e2e3381e9136b01a6bcbf7a4.png

Edited by MGeek
2 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

I'm done using this for what I wanted it for.  I had it installed still.  I updated to 4.1.19 and then 4.1.19.1.  When I had it installed it was blocking the sending of required profile fields on registration.  As soon as I disabled this it starting working again.

This problem appeared in 4.1.18

Solution:

/applications/referrals/hooks/register.php

find:

public static function _createMember( $values )

replace with:

public static function _createMember( $values, $profileFields )

find:

return parent::_createMember( $values );

replace with:

return parent::_createMember( $values, $profileFields );

After the changes everything should work

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Fosters Crew is pleased to present the latest version of Referrals v1.0.11 available immediately in the IPS Marketplace for purchase.  The updated version is now 4.2 compatible, which means it's ready to be installed on all 4.2.x installations and betas.  

Buy now or upgrade your existing copy:

https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/8360-referrers/

About

Referrals by @Fosters is a simple application which adds a new field on the registration screen for new registrants to input the member who referred them.  This is critical to keep track of who referred whom, and allows you to build a network by word-of-mouth.  If you offer a closed or private community, this plugin is a MUST to ensure new members are qualified and recommended by existing members.Registered members will see the referral URL on their account setting page, which they can share with their friends so that they'll be automatically set as referral 

8 minutes ago, FGN said:

ok, your site is down for maintenance 

so i have to report here

after putting in the new updated version for 4.2

the app makes it so no new ppl can sign up on the board...they are getting an error message that tells them there was a problem please contact us

Do you see any errors in the error log? Works fine for me:(

Edited by Fosters

Fosters Crew is pleased to present the latest version of Referrals v1.0.21 available immediately in the IPS Marketplace for purchase.  The updated version is now 4.2 compatible, which means it's ready to be installed on all 4.2.x installations.  

If you're using IPS 4.2, we really suggest to update as soon as possible. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused by this.